You’ve heard of Disco Yeti, now get ready for
46f.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity

Fall 2020

rat2340987FI.jpg

Coming to the France Pavilion in Quarter 3 of 2020, is a clone of the Ratatouille attraction in Walt Disney Studios Paris - Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity. This LPS trackless dark ride attraction shrinks you down to the size of a rat (not bat), as you try to maneuver your way through an active kitchen setting.

The show building will be located in the expansion pad to the east of the France Pavilion, as the walking path will extend around the west side of the facade, and snake around to a new area that opens up to a French plaza, with park benches and foliage all around you - as well as the queue portion to the attraction.

It is rumored that the Circle Vision show - Impressions de France, will get a new film along with the opening of Ratatouille in 2020, but that is unconfirmed.

New France Pavilion Layout
ratfinal.jpg

Below is a ride-through video done by SoCal 360 of the attraction in Walt Disney Studios Paris - to give a sense of what will be coming to the World Showcase Pavilion in 2020.

Attraction Ride-Through

With the attraction essentially being a clone, and the new layout confirmed as well as the project as a whole at the 2017 D23, there isn't much more detail to go into with this attraction. It will be a welcome dark ride to the World Showcase promenade, taking some of the crowds away from the eastern side of the lagoon with Coco and Frozen dominating the popularity. Ratatouille and the upcoming UK attraction (which will be written in 2021!) is a very smart logistical move by imagineering, balancing out two rides on each side of the lagoon.

With the pithy project write-up -- for future shorter projects I'd like to try and take the time to spotlight some past projects presented on the forum, in particular when they relate to the topic being discussed.

Thowback Time
In this case - I'd like us to travel back to January 2015 in the first immunity challenge of @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer Competition. @Sam4D23 @JokersWild and the rest of Team 'Baxtanu' presented a new attraction for the France Pavilion - and when looking back at it, was very impressed with how they basically nailed the location of the show building multiple years in advance!

Especially since this project Red and I are working on very much deals with predictions of the future - I wanted to showcase this within the Ratatouille section not only to re-visit an excellent historical boat ride concept, but also to illustrate how close their location decisions came.:)
214346884.png

Link to Full Project
https://wearefrance.weebly.com/

Link to Competition
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eering-competition.894421/page-4#post-6507764

------------

Thank you everyone again for reading - hope you enjoyed both the project and a little throwback, and tune in (hopefully) tonight for another installment - as we have crossed the halfway point to 50 projects for the 50th!

mickeyfan5534

Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity

Fall 2020

rat2340987FI.jpg

Coming to the France Pavilion in Quarter 3 of 2020, is a clone of the Ratatouille attraction in Walt Disney Studios Paris - Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity. This LPS trackless dark ride attraction shrinks you down to the size of a rat (not bat), as you try to maneuver your way through an active kitchen setting.

The show building will be located in the expansion pad to the east of the France Pavilion, as the walking path will extend around the west side of the facade, and snake around to a new area that opens up to a French plaza, with park benches and foliage all around you - as well as the queue portion to the attraction.

It is rumored that the Circle Vision show - Impressions de France, will get a new film along with the opening of Ratatouille in 2020, but that is unconfirmed.

New France Pavilion Layout
ratfinal.jpg

Below is a ride-through video done by SoCal 360 of the attraction in Walt Disney Studios Paris - to give a sense of what will be coming to the World Showcase Pavilion in 2020.

Attraction Ride-Through

With the attraction essentially being a clone, and the new layout confirmed as well as the project as a whole at the 2017 D23, there isn't much more detail to go into with this attraction. It will be a welcome dark ride to the World Showcase promenade, taking some of the crowds away from the eastern side of the lagoon with Coco and Frozen dominating the popularity. Ratatouille and the upcoming UK attraction (which will be written in 2021!) is a very smart logistical move by imagineering, balancing out two rides on each side of the lagoon.

With the pithy project write-up -- for future shorter projects I'd like to try and take the time to spotlight some past projects presented on the forum, in particular when they relate to the topic being discussed.

Thowback Time
In this case - I'd like us to travel back to January 2015 in the first immunity challenge of @RMichael21 's The Sole Imagineer Competition. @Sam4D23 @JokersWild and the rest of Team 'Baxtanu' presented a new attraction for the France Pavilion - and when looking back at it, was very impressed with how they basically nailed the location of the show building multiple years in advance!

Especially since this project Red and I are working on very much deals with predictions of the future - I wanted to showcase this within the Ratatouille section not only to re-visit an excellent historical boat ride concept, but also to illustrate how close their location decisions came.:)
214346884.png

Link to Full Project
https://wearefrance.weebly.com/

Link to Competition
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eering-competition.894421/page-4#post-6507764

------------

Thank you everyone again for reading - hope you enjoyed both the project and a little throwback, and tune in (hopefully) tonight for another installment - as we have crossed the halfway point to 50 projects for the 50th!

If I may suggest something for the area in front, a small Korea pavilion would fit perfectly there.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Tomorrowland 2022 Part 2

Christmas 2020

Big Hero 6: Operation Expo

big-hero-6-20-5_005-00_0025-1024x428.jpg

The Tomorrowland 2022 overlay, similar to the 1975 and 1994 overlays, is a complete remodel of the land itself, done in phases. Tomorrowland 2022 Part 1 brought about the Robinson Industries revamp of the seasonal Stitch's Great Escape attraction. With Innoventions in Epcot rumored to be demo-ed based on recent concept art released at the 2017 D23 conference, Robinson Industries will take the spot of an 'Innoventions' offering guests a walk-through exhibit of several interactive inventions that guests of all ages can enjoy and explore. No height requirement required unlike its former predecessors.

Part 2 of Tomorrowland 2022 will usher in a new attraction to the neighbor of Robinson Industries, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, being replaced with a new interactive 3D show - Big Hero 6: Operation Expo, inspired by a concept established by Team Marvel Studios in The Great Movie Ride Competition - with additional credits to @AceAstro and @QuillPenn Most of the similarities are based on theme, and the name, however the experiences will be completely different, with the original Operation Expo being a trackless dark ride overtaking Buzz Lightyear as well, and this Operation Expo simply repurposing the Monsters Inc theater, as the Laugh Floor is being moved to an undisclosed location later to be revealed in a future project.

Nevertheless, the story of Operation Expo is that Hiro and the rest of his friends at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology are headed to Tomorrowland for the annual Tomorrowland Expo Center 'Imagine the Future' event. In this event, colleges and scientists from all around the world gather to demonstrate their creations in a newage science fair. We begin the attraction by meandering through the entrance hall queue that displays several of the experiments and studies being revealed throughout the expo.
SFIT%2BPoster%2B%25231.jpg

SFIT%2BPoster%2B%25232.jpg

As well as a plaque easter egg dedicated to some of the former attractions in Tomorrowland.
3432.jpg

As we continue, Hiro and Baymax greet us and ask us if he and his friends can give us a special preview of their inventions, as he thinks that Professor Robert Callahan is going to try and sabotage their event. Characters including Gogo, Honey Lemon, Wasabi, and Fred all gather and give you an intro into what their experiments are going to be, and Hiro tells the guests that they will need to where protective eyeware in case any of the experiements go haywire.
big-hero-6-science-experiments-3.jpg

In the 12 minute attraction - guests see the team's experiments on display as the characters on screen are able to interact with the audience through the technology previously seen in Monsters Inc Laugh Floor as well as Turtle Talk with Crush. Suddenly, through special effects, lighting, and physical animatronic bots, Callahan arrives with his army of microbots and the team has to gear up into action. With in-theater special effects, surround sound, and 3D effects, the team is able to defeat Callahan and save the Expo. Guests are led back out of the theater as Hiro announces you as part of the Big Hero 6 team, and you venture back out into Tomorrowland.

Given the scale of the Tomorrowland 2022 project, the rumored cost of Tron, and several other projects around Walt Disney World, Big Hero 6: Operation Expo is a relatively simple update and better inclusion in Tomorrowland than the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, while not skyrocketing the Tomorrowland 2022's budget any higher. Now as you enter Tomorrowland, with Robinson Industries and the Tomorrowland Expo paralleling the main pathway into the land, the vibe of Tomorrowland has gone from a 'future' that never was...to a future that could be if we continue to use science and technology to our advantage, which ties in with the themes of the Peoplemover, as well as Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress, and a new Walt Disney World Railroad tunnel show coming as a future 'part' of the project.

As a special sneak peak at the Tomorrowland 2022 project over the next few 'parts' - here is our map of existing attractions, and attractions to come.

New Tomorrowland 2022 Map
tomorrowland%2Bfinal.jpg

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed, and check back tonight as we venture into the year of the 50th anniversary - 2021 - with a plethora of new and exciting things to see and do at the Walt Disney World Resort!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If I may suggest something for the area in front, a small Korea pavilion would fit perfectly there.
Hmm will consider it in the future years! Though I think another country is rumored in final talks before this can happen which leads me to...
Have we thought of anything for Brazil?
Yep!

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ure-of-walt-disney-world.936294/#post-7980560

Since you got here after this concept started - the link above is the timeline of this 50 for 50th project. So we're combining actual rumored/confirmed projects and adding in some things that are in line with things that we think Disney would do in the coming years...and using the actual timeline of events for it.

Just wrapped up 2020. And the rumored Brazil project is slated for either 2021 or 2022 - so expect that project coming up soon!

Brer Oswald

Hmm will consider it in the future years! Though I think another country is rumored in final talks before this can happen which leads me to...

Yep!

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ure-of-walt-disney-world.936294/#post-7980560

Since you got here after this concept started - the link above is the timeline of this 50 for 50th project. So we're combining actual rumored/confirmed projects and adding in some things that are in line with things that we think Disney would do in the coming years...and using the actual timeline of events for it.

Just wrapped up 2020. And the rumored Brazil project is slated for either 2021 or 2022 - so expect that project coming up soon!
I’d like to contribute some ideas if possible. Tag me if you want me to add feedback onto what you already have.

Disney Dad 3000

Still probably my favourite project from that competiton! Can't wait to see what else is posted today!

Agreed. Probably the thing I'm most proud of from the GMR challenges are what I think we're some unique and amazing additions to the content on the forum (Hensons Revue, Pankot Palace, Dream Mtn, progress city resort, peoplelodger, enchanted projector, all 3 studio lands, etc)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Walt Disney World Railroad Enhancement

Winter 2021
walt-disney-world-railroad-fantasyland-00.jpg

The Walt Disney World Railroad is the first attraction guests see as they step through the gates of the Magic Kingdom and gaze up at the ornate Main Street Station and the recognizable bells of the steam engine roaring into pick up the next group of passengers on a grand circle tour of the park. Nevertheless, with the Tomorrowland 2022 project going on, and the Tron construction over the railroad line, the Walt Disney World Railroad will most likely have to close sometime around 2019 or 2020 to accomodate for the construction. Nevertheless, it will open soon enough...and now it has, and with an enhancement not only for the 50th anniversary, but to give guests a much better send off than the railroad has currently.

After the Fantasyland Station stop, you chug back up a small hill towards Main Street U.S.A. - passing in-between Space Mountain and the Speedway, before a wondrous view of...the expanded bus drop off point through thinly veiled shrubbery. :p

While the Contemporary Resort in the distance does evoke the Tomorrowland aesthetic, the buses and visible parking areas always bothered me. So in 2021, when the Walt Disney World Railroad reopens, it will feature a tunnel scene similar to that of the Disneyland Railroad from Tomorrowland to Main Street U.S.A.

In this project - we will take a ride through the Walt Disney World Railroad with full on-board narration, arriving at our new scene in the finale of the attraction - a look back (and forward) at the visions of Tomorrow - with an instrumental version of 'There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow' playing in the background, as projection screens of Tomorrowland whiz by the railroad through the futuristic portal, in both a celebration of Tomorrowland's 50th anniversary, as well as a showcase of all that Tomorrowland has been and will become.

Narration in italics

Walt Disney World Railroad - Ride-Through

Main Street Station
walt-disney-world-railroad-00.jpg

Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad! We’re about to take a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom, with stops along the way at Frontierland and Fantasyland. Just sit tight and keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs well inside the train. We’re leaving Main Street Station right now, so wave goodbye — but if you stay on board long enough, why, sooner or later, you’ll be back.

Spanish Welcome
¡Bienvenidos abordo del Walt Disney World Railroad! Estamos a punto de embarcar en un tour alrededor de Magic Kingdom con paradas en Frontierland y Fantasyland. Para su seguridad, permanezca sentado y mantenga las manos, brazos, pies y piernas dentro del tren todo el tiempo, y cuide a los pequeños. Gracias.

For an old conductor like me, there’s no better place to ride the rails than the Magic Kingdom. By the way, we’re traveling on pure steam power. This old locomotive is descended from the mighty trains that powered the golden age of steam. And just like me, it’s a little old-fashioned. Now, where else can you travel from the charm of Main Street, U.S.A. to the untamed jungles of Africa, Asia, and South America? At the Magic Kingdom, anything is possible, and we’re headed straight to the heart of Adventureland. It can get pretty wild in these parts — especially if you run into Captain Jack Sparrow. He’s hidin’ out among those scurrilous Pirates of the Caribbean. But whether you’re boardin’ a boat for the Jungle Cruise or flyin’ on Aladdin’s magic carpets, when you visit Adventureland, bring an extra dose of bravery. As for me, I’ll stay safe and sound right here aboard my train, if ya don’t mind.

We’ve reached the wild west of the Magic Kingdom: Frontierland. Well, this outpost is home to the covered wagons, cowpokes, and Country Bears. And we’ve got our own mountain range of excitin’ adventures. You might catch a runaway mine train at Big Thunder Mountain, or hop on over to Splash Mountain and join Br’er Rabbit for a 50-foot drop straight down into the briar patch. We’ve reached Frontierland Station, everyone, so sit tight until we’ve come to a complete stop. If you’re disembarking here, please carry your strollers all the way off the platform before you unfold ’em. That’ll help make room for the new passengers joinin’ us. Watch your step now — this is Frontierland Station.

(Train stops at Frontierland Station. Train leaves the station.)

Frontierland Station
walt-disney-world-railroad-frontierland-gallery03.jpg

Howdy, folks! If you’re just joinin’ us, welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad. We’re headed for Fantasyland and to Main Street, U.S.A. Everybody stay seated, and keep your hands and arms, feet, and legs safely inside the train. And as always, keep an eye on your little ones.

Spanish Safety and Continuation
"A continuación, nos dirigimos a la estación de Fantasyland, donde princesas y héroes cuentan sus historias. Para su seguridad, permanezca sentado y mantenga las manos, brazos, pies y piernas dentro del tren todo el tiempo, y cuide a los pequeños. Gracias."

As we head into the American wilderness, we’ll pass by the dusty desert town of Tumbleweed. Keep your eyes peeled for the runaway mine trains of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Runaway trains… now I ask you — is that any way to run a railroad? I feel right at home here in the prairies and forests of the American wilderness. These woods haven’t changed much since the days when settlers started headin’ west! Nowadays, the rails can carry us safely through the wild, and a trip that used to take months can now be made in just a few weeks. There’s plenty of deer, antelope, and elk that feed along the banks of the river. And naturally, plenty of early settlers decided to put down stakes and live here too. Of course, those early settlers weren’t the first to make their home in this wild frontier. These native tribes of Plains Indians were living, hunting, and trading for centuries before we ever came along. They were the first to tame the wild horses of the American plains — long before our big ol’ iron horses started chuggin’ through these parts.

We’re almost out of the woods, folks. We’re comin’ up on the most magical of lands: Fantasyland — a place where any dream can come true! Fly over London with Peter Pan. Set sail on “it’s a small world.” Take a trip under the sea with The Little Mermaid. Be our guest at an enchanted feast in the Beast’s Castle. Or journey into the Seven Dwarfs’ mine, where a million diamonds shine. Whether you’re a pixie, a princess, or just an everyday dreamer, there’s always something special about Fantasyland.

If you’ve been riding trains as long as this old-timer, you may remember the days when the circus would come to town on the local railway. Well, the circus is here, and it’s set up permanent headquarters as the Fantasyland Storybook Circus. This is the place to fly high with Dumbo, or join Goofy on the Barnstormer — a frolicking ride of circus acrobatics and coaster thrills. This station is also your gateway to the rest of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Now, please wait until the train has come to a complete stop, gather your belongings, and carry your strollers away from the platform before you start unfoldin’ ’em. That way, we can start loadin’ up for the next leg of our trip. For those of your disembarking, please watch your step, and thanks for traveling with us on the Walt Disney World Railroad. Join us again real soon. If you’re stayin’ aboard, our next stop is Main Street Station.

(Train stops at Fantasyland Station. Train leaves the station.)

Fantasyland Station
o_1acdvn0ct1c5sh91fsm1tq9h72j.jpg

Looks like we’re ready to embark on the next leg of our journey! Our destination is Main Street, U.S.A. Now, everyone stay seated, and keep your hands and arms, feet, and legs inside the train at all times. And please, keep an eye on your children.

Spanish Safety and Continuation
"Ahora, nuestro viaje nos llevará de regreso a la estación de Main Street, pero antes visitaremos el mundo del mañana. Para su seguridad, permanezca sentado y mantenga las manos, brazos, pies y piernas dentro del tren todo el tiempo, y cuide a los pequeños. Gracias."

There are some who say that this steam train is a little old-fashioned — but for me, it’s the only way to travel. Of course, there are those who prefer to hit the highway, and on the right, you just might spot some pint-sized drivers taking their first spin behind the wheel of a lightcycle. Gettin’ from place to place is a big deal in Tomorrowland, where you might board a PeopleMover, zip around on the Astro Orbiter, book a flight across the galaxy at our busy Starport in Space Mountain, or even zip through the technological grid of Tron. Tomorrowland is truly a world on the move!

shdr-att-tron-lightcycle-power-run-hero-new.jpg

*Train passes under the Tron dome, seeing the coaster sail to the sky on the left and right side of the train*

Tunnel Sequence Begins

Well folks, my good friend Walt always told me he had beautiful dreams of the future. Far beyond an old conductor like myself could ever imagine. He pictured a future filled with possibility. Of wonder and excitement, an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. A Tomorrowland, that would continue to grow and evolve with each generation, as long as we keep moving forward.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away

*Tunnel showcases concept renderings and digital projections 270 degrees around the train putting you in each world of Tomorrow as visualized by the time periods.*
1997etmwrmreljpg.jpg

newTomorrowland%2BWDW%2BMK%2B1994.jpg

tomorrowland-disney-01.jpg

DbM-010x.jpg

We’ve made a complete trip around the Magic Kingdom. For those of you who’ve been on board for the whole journey, thanks for puttin’ up with me these last few days. If you’re stayin’ with us, we’ll be headed for Frontierland next. Right now, please stay seated until our train comes to a complete stop. Then pick up your belongings, and carefully step off the train. If you have strollers to unfold, please take ’em all the way beyond the platform so we can safely board passengers for the next leg of our journey. This is Main Street Station — Main Street, U.S.A.
------------

Thanks for reading everyone! Kicking off 2021 with a classic attraction and one of my favorites, with a subtle addition to whet our appetites for an extremely busy 2021 and 2022 as we near closer to the Golden Dreams celebration.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom