5 Sleeps to Go... a pre-trip report for October 22 - 29 :)

So here we are, 5 days away from our next WDW vacation!

Let's start off with an introduction of characters partaking in this upcoming trip:

First of, myself - Jessica, and DH - Rich. Engaged in WDW, Honeymooned in WDW - and have shared many "just because" WDW trips. My love of all things Disney obsession far exceeds his, but as of late I have found him leaving WDWMagic open in his browser, downloading many Disney apps for his ipad (he even has a folder titled "Disney") and every day he says "Just think, in one week we'll be [insert WDW activity here]". He's becoming one of us. It's a work in progress :animwink:

259971_179638178758083_100001357061887_407538_976983_n.jpg

The following two are Grace and Nick - aka - the "Newbies". They have never been to WDW. Grace is my best friend and her husband Nick is my husband's best friend. Grace loves Disney movies - particularly Mary Poppins. She keeps asking me what she should say when she meets her. Adorable, just adorable.

40356_110057215716180_100001357061887_68493_435818_n.jpg

And this little princess is Danika. Grace and Nick's daughter. I am sure she will be the star of our trip report when we get back. Danika is 21 months old and loves her some Mickey and Minnie! She's a good talker for her age, and when the roll call starts on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, she can name every character (Dah-nood, Daisy, Gooey, Pluto or Pup Pup, Min-nie, Mic-key). She also has discovered a recent love for Dumbo, Pooh and Tigger. We're off to a good start :)

308016_228975833824317_100001357061887_556016_944596015_n.jpg

Now I want to share a little story on how this all happened. In September 2009, DH, myself, Grace and Nick were supposed to go on a trip to WDW. Well, about a month and a half after booking, I got a phone call "JESS! I THINK I'M PREGNANT!". And sure enough, she was! I was so excited for Grace and Nick. I had been looking forward to sharing my most favorite place with our best friends, so I was a little sad we weren't going - but a happy, healthy baby was far, far more important! And I'm glad we waited, because now we can share this trip with Danika as well!

I'm sure somewhere on the boards many of you read of our unfortunate, horrible last trip to the world in January/February of this year. To sum it up - a blizzard here in Massachusetts destroyed our house we had just bought a month and a half earlier. We had to leave WDW 4 days early and drive home 22 hours because we couldn't get any flights out of Orlando. Most miserable and depressing car ride ever. EVER! And the rest of the trip had just been horrible too. But anyways, that's the past and we're moving on toward our best trip ever!

Rich and I discussed in early May we wanted to go away again. This time, not in the winter. He had vacation time coming up in October. So hey, let's book a trip to WDW. Awesome!!! We started talking more about how fun it would be to bring Grace, Nick and Danika. So what did we decide to do? Surprise them!

On May 9th, I called Grace and told her I needed to see her and Nick because I had something for them. Grace thought I was coming to tell her I was pregnant, Nick thought we were giving them our 65 inch TV. Such a different thought process between men and women lol. I had to think of a creative way to tell them. Yes! I got it! Their anniversary is October 11th! I bought an anniversary card which was sure to throw them off. I also got them a WDW book, printed up the reservation and tucked it into the first page. I wrapped everything up nicely in a gift bag and headed to their house.

Grace, Nick and Dani were having dinner at the time, but they could see I needed them to open the gift, I was literally shaking I was so excited. I still kick myself for not having my camera with me :brick: . Grace opened the card with the most confused look on her face. Her words "Happy Anniversary? That's not until October?". I told her I knew that, but her present couldn't be used until October. She unwrapped the WDW book and just gave me a look. Both her and Nick were so confused. She was still waiting for me to tell her I was pregnant lol! So then I told her to open the paper in the front cover. She opened it up and started reading quietly... "Your travel agent has successfully booked your Walt Disney World Vacation". She looked up at me and said "You're going again?" and started laughing. I was so let down by her reaction lol. And then I told her "Read the names on the reservation". She SCREAMED! Nick didn't know what was happening. She threw the paper at him and hugged me. He saw their names on the paper and got up and hugged me. I had tears in my eyes! They were so happy! It was the best surprise ever!

Okay so this PTR is turning into a novel! We've covered the who, now on to the when, the where and the what...

When: October 22 - 29

Where: Pop Century Resort

How: Flying Southwest from and to Providence, non-stop - yay!

Celebrating: DH and I's 4th anniversary, Grace and Nick's 3rd anniversary and of course - Grace, Nick and Danika's first visit!

What are we doing while we're there? Aside from the obvious start and end at MK, with a bunch of park adventures in between, we'll be heading to MNSSHP on the 25th. We're not dressing up in costumes, just in Halloween accessories. Danika will be dressing up as her favorite... Minnie Mouse!

We also have ADR's at the following places:

Tony's Town Square
Boma
Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (Grace adores Mary Poppins!)
Hollywood and Vine
Kona Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Tokyo Dining
Crystal Palace

We wanted to get several character meals in there for Danika. About a month ago she was here and we were watching WDW videos on YouTube at my desk (in our pajamas!)...

303813_210885302300037_100001357061887_502764_7080540_n.jpg

304330_212542442134323_100001357061887_507322_199477_n.jpg

As you can see, Dani is so ready for this trip. Whenever she is in my office she goes into Mickey overload. She loves it. Okay - have to throw this in here. I always get emotional in WDW, but I know this trip will be extra special, which means - extra emotional. We were watching a video on youtube of Chef Mickey's. Dani named all of the characters as she saw them. But when Minnie showed up, she gasped and said "Awww. My Min-nie!" Instant tears! Instant! And we're not even there yet!

And just for fun, went to the Wrentham Outlets last week to get some new crocs (funny as they look, they make my feet very happy in WDW!). I also found these super cute Mickey Mouse rhinestone jibbitz...

309302_228898977165336_100001357061887_555434_1492694442_n.jpg

And we picked up some gel window stickies from Christmas Tree Shop to get our room window festive for Halloween. I also grabbed a couple sets of these for each of our rooms...

298666_222465714475329_100001357061887_535884_7171048_n.jpg

So that's about it. I'm looking forward to this trip, sharing it with our best friends and their amazing little girl. I know it will be a trip of a lifetime. We can't wait to share this wonderful place with our wonderful friends. Fingers and toes crossed for an incident free, uninterrupted, magical WDW vacation!

See ya real soon!

PolynesianPrincess

YAY!!! Sound like you guys are going to have an AWESOME time!!! :) Traveling with first timers is always fun.. It's great to relive seeing everything for the first time again through them. Can't wait to read the TR when you get back!

PS - Love the Wrenthem outlets!! (I'm up here in Maine!) :wave:

switts

more of a fan of the tilton outlets or even the ones in kittery just so i can spend countless hours in the trading outpost.

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
YAY!!! Sound like you guys are going to have an AWESOME time!!! :) Traveling with first timers is always fun.. It's great to relive seeing everything for the first time again through them. Can't wait to read the TR when you get back!

PS - Love the Wrenthem outlets!! (I'm up here in Maine!) :wave:

I can't wait to relive it through their eyes. It's going to be a blast!

And the Wrentham outlets (especially the Vera outlet) are so dangerous for me :)

Dads 2 Boys

I hope you guys have a great time. We're staying @ Pop from the 22nd-29th as well and we are eating @ 2 of the same restaurants...:lol: Maybe we'll see you there!

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
I hope you guys have a great time. We're staying @ Pop from the 22nd-29th as well and we are eating @ 2 of the same restaurants...:lol: Maybe we'll see you there!

I hope you have a great stay as well! Maybe we'll run into ya! By the way, the forecast for our dates is looking wonderful!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom