4th of July crowds

dmbouton75

My friend & I are thinking about heading down to WDW with our 3 kids (12, 9, & 9) after the 4th of July. When do you think the 4th of July crowds will begin to leave? With the 4th being on a Saturday, we don't know if people will book the week before or the week after. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Have a Magical Day,
Dawn:wave:

DisneyPrincess5

My friend & I are thinking about heading down to WDW with our 3 kids (12, 9, & 9) after the 4th of July. When do you think the 4th of July crowds will begin to leave? With the 4th being on a Saturday, we don't know if people will book the week before or the week after. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Have a Magical Day,
Dawn:wave:

Hi!
Considering that the 4th is on a Saturday this year, I'd say it's safe to say that the crowds will significantly decrease by Monday or Tuesday. People will probably take off on Sunday or Monday. But there's always a chance people will take the week off after the 4th and stick around that week.
But keep in mind that it'll be crowded anyway because it's the summer.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

memouse

It will be crowded the week before and the week after--it's July! :lol: We've been during both of those weeks. Last year, we arrived on the 3rd and stayed through the 12th. Just use fast passes and follow the guidelines for crowded summer times. I would never enter the Magic Kingdom on the 4th of July again, though.:eek: I thought we would never make it out of there after the fireworks.:eek: We, personally, love going in July. We love being in the parks so late at night. Have fun.:)

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Going AFTER the holiday is a wise move. Don't be fooled - July is one of the busiest months of the year, but they won't be closing the park gates at noon like they might be on the 4th.

Sunday will be bad too, like you hypothesized, but crowds will be drastically reduced to normal July levels on Monday when everyone heads home.

Still, I recommend having a good touring plan the week after. It's going to be hot and crowded. Take lots of pool breaks!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

If you happen to be there during the 4th and you want to see the fireworks shows, think of where you want to watch from and get there at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours before they start. In 19 visits I have never seen MK or EPCOT as crowded as then. To give you an idea at EPCOT when the show started I would say there was at least a crowd going 18 deep out from where we were. And after MK we waited for at least 50 minutes before we started back to the bus. And I thank the heavens that we did, the stops for POP and All Stars were packed but we were staying at SSR so they had pretty much calmed down by that point.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Think about getting on a elevator that already has too many people on it....then smash in 10 more.....that the MK on the 4th......Been there, done that, would do it again.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

sardines.jpg

Upvote 0

D23

We will be there during the week of June 29-July 6th.

Now everyone had now convinced me its best to avoid MK with my 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old for the 4th of July just out of crowds and comfort for them.

My question is this.... I still want to enjoy the 4th Celebration Disney style. Does the MK do the July performace a few nights that week. So if I went on the 3rd or something like that I could check out the MK performace?

Upvote 0

stitchsMom

We will be there during the week of June 29-July 6th.

Now everyone had now convinced me its best to avoid MK with my 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old for the 4th of July just out of crowds and comfort for them.

My question is this.... I still want to enjoy the 4th Celebration Disney style. Does the MK do the July performace a few nights that week. So if I went on the 3rd or something like that I could check out the MK performace?
My family was there during the 4th holiday last year, and the patriotic fireworks were shown the night before the 4th and the night of. The crowds were lighter than the 4th, but not by a ton. As one of the other posters mentioned, finding a spot early is a good idea.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom