42% off what about owners

Becky

Where are you getting this 42% number from? If it is from the recent promotion then Joe is correct. You can not combine 2 promotions onto one reservation. If someone is telling you that they have done this they are either mistaken or have benefited from the biggest DRC glitch of all time.

I've never heard of "double dipping" :eek: but did get very very lucky last August:) I booked a 8 day Pop package at full rate of $82 a day for Pop. That was during free dining.:D A month before we left they offered a free upgrade to a OKW studio. When we got there the studio were gone so we got another free upgrade to a 1 BR plus of course the free dining.:sohappy: Not bad for $82 a day:D Took 20 years to get our first free upgrade and doubt it will happen again but sure enjoyed it last August.:):)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've never heard of "double dipping" :eek: but did get very very lucky last August:) I booked a 8 day Pop package at full rate of $82 a day for Pop. That was during free dining.:D A month before we left they offered a free upgrade to a OKW studio. When we got there the studio were gone so we got another free upgrade to a 1 BR plus of course the free dining.:sohappy: Not bad for $82 a day:D Took 20 years to get our first free upgrade and doubt it will happen again but sure enjoyed it last August.:):)
That does happen from time to time. Typically it is a way to sell DVC but it can also happen when a resort gets over booked.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am unaware of any discounts out for 2011, and I've checked all of the official and unofficial sites I know. Could you please post a link to the offer to which you are referring?
As have I. The only promotions past October of 2010 are PIN codes and UK only offers.

Master Gracey 5

DisneyJoe is wrong its both.;)

Wink all your want, but I can speak from experience booking last fall - Disney will NOT let you book both free dining and a room discount from their sale offers. Even if I hadn't tried it myself, I'd trust MasterYoda and the people who do this for all the time to be right.

If you managed it, by all means tell us how because it is absolutely unheard of.

stlbobby

See you did find it, sorry to disnyjoe that he was wrong.

What does that mean? Are they allowing a PIN code reduced rate to combine with free dining in 2011? How would that be possible if free dinning isn't even announced for 2011 yet? Or is this a UK only promotion? If it is could you please post the link, I'd like to see the discounts that are available in the UK because they often are a precursor to what will be available in the US.

Cubs Brian

I am sick and tired of people who believe they are "entitled" to everything. You signed a contract stating what you are agreeing to and what Disney is agreeing to.Doesn't your word mean anything? If Disney's hotel rates would have tripled or quadrupled in the last year would expect Disney to come to you and say we want to increase you points per night by 3or 4 times the going rate? Oh wait, I get it, your one of those athletes who sign a huge contract for many years and then insists on renegotiating after 1 or 2 years. Quit crying.:cry:

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
I am sick and tired of people who believe they are "entitled" to everything. You signed a contract stating what you are agreeing to and what Disney is agreeing to.Doesn't your word mean anything? If Disney's hotel rates would have tripled or quadrupled in the last year would expect Disney to come to you and say we want to increase you points per night by 3or 4 times the going rate? Oh wait, I get it, your one of those athletes who sign a huge contract for many years and then insists on renegotiating after 1 or 2 years. Quit crying.:cry:

To you and andrew 54 reread post 17, there will be never anything in this for me as I go at a time when there will never be any discounts.

so your wanting something for nothing(andrew54) and to you, your quit crying statements, actually show your inability to grasp or read simple statements,

THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS FOR ME GET IT NOW

so please between you, now explain what I wanted for nothing if you can. dont class me with the sportsman of your country, you know nothing about me and clearly by reading my posts you could not judge me as you could not even be bothered to read properly what I wrote.

YOU GET NOTHING

toolsnspools

the rooms that are empty have had dues paid on them, plus selling the rooms at 42% off AND FREE DINING costs more in every day mousekeeping who is paying for that is it the owners dues or what, and at the current rate of the DDP thats over $300 dollars a day for four people,

I costs far less than 58% ($174/night by your $300 figure) of rack rate to service a room. Especially a villa that only gets 2 services a week. Even if you crank the a/c and leave the oven running with the door open, you're not going to make the resort take a loss.

The dues cover the cost of maintaining the room for the amount of time it can be rented with the points in a contract. For me, it's about $650 at BLT for roughly a week. That's less than $100/day that's needed to cover the maintenance costs.

Despite the menu prices, a family of four would be unable to consume $74 of food at cost/day too.

DisneyJoe

What does that mean? Are they allowing a PIN code reduced rate to combine with free dining in 2011? How would that be possible if free dinning isn't even announced for 2011 yet? Or is this a UK only promotion? If it is could you please post the link, I'd like to see the discounts that are available in the UK because they often are a precursor to what will be available in the US.

Link please, WDWLOVER1957, until I see a link, it is you that are wrong.

I'll add that I found this, but it is for Free Dining ONLY, no mention of 42% discount on top of it:

Current Walt Disney World Holiday Offers for UK Residents Only

FREE Disney Dining for Select Dates in 2010 and 2011

* 2011 Offer - Book your magical Walt Disney World holiday before 1 November 2010, for stays 1 January - 17 February 2011, 1 May - 2 June 2011 or 1 August - 18 November 2011, and you’ll enjoy FREE Disney Dining. Make your booking for a minimum of 5 nights including tickets, and everyone in the party dines for FREE for your whole holiday. Receive Disney Quick (Counter) Service Dining Plan when you stay at a selected Disney Moderate Resort, OR receive Disney Dining Plan when you stay at a selected Disney Deluxe Resort.

* 2010 Offer - Book your magical Walt Disney World holiday before 2 August 2010, for stays 5 July - 18 November 2010, and you’ll enjoy FREE Disney Dining. Make your booking for a minimum of 5 nights including tickets, and everyone in the party dines for FREE for your whole holiday. Receive Disney Quick (Counter) Service Dining Plan when you stay at a selected Disney Moderate Resort, OR receive Disney Dining Plan when you stay at a selected Disney Deluxe Resort.

stlbobby

I'm calling shenanigans.

Either this offer doesn't exist--shenanigans.

Or the OP has access to useful information and refuses to share--shenanigans.

Either way not really very helpful or productive.

Cubs Brian

If Disney continues to offer SSR/OKW at 42% off (plus free dining) for certain times of the year. shouldnt the owners at these resorts be offered 42% off the points required during the same times. :shrug:
Sounds to me like you think you are entitled to 42% off point requirements because someone was offered 42% off the cash price. Again would you expect Disney to increase your point requirement if they tripled the cash price for non DVC members? Admit you are the one who is wrong here and go quietly into the night!:wave:

nepalostparks

*sniff sniff*

I smell troll in this thread.

To WDWLOVER1957:

If you have no use for the discount, and it doesn't matter to you, why bother posting in the first place?

If you have valid information to share on a double-dip discount (which is unheard of as both Master Yoda and DisneyJoe have pointed out), why not share it in a straightforward manner... since that's what these boards are about?

The whole "discount to general public vs. no discount for current DVC members" has been argued before. If the fact that a discount offered to the general public and not to DVC members is that upseting to you, whether or not you personally could use or benefit from it, you always have option of selling, now don't you?

:wave:

Rob562

Another point to bring up about the %-off deals at the DVC resorts:

The rooms that Disney is offering at a percentage-off at the DVC resorts are points that *Disney* still owns. They're not renting out *your* points. They do not sell 100% of the available points for any DVC resort. They always keep some of their own.

So, when Disney rents out a room at a DVC resort through Central Reservations, they are essentially renting out the points the company owns to someone else. You are free to do the same thing in renting out the points that YOU own.

Let's bring in a real-world dollar figure here.
A Studio at Beach Club Villas, for one night, mid-week, mid-October.

Using points, that would cost you 13 points.

A cash-paying Guest with the 40% PIN-code offer I have in my email would pay $234 plus tax.

I don't know for sure, but isn't the going rate for renting out DVC points $12-$14 right now? Getting $234 for 13 points is the equivalent of $18 per point. If you're a DVC owner, you're free to try and charge that to rent out the points you own, but isn't the going market rate for point rentals about $12-$14? I doubt you'd get it. Disney gets it because they're Disney, and people on the WDW website don't know they can get the rooms for cheaper by renting points.

Also, what was the pruchase price for those 13 points, divided by the number of years you own the points, plus the maintenance fees on those 13 points? How does it compare to $234 for that one night?

Kinda makes staying on points seem a bit more economical, huh?

-Rob

828tnt

im a dvc owner. and love it btw!!!!!! i get the rules and deal with 'em as i know 'em.

the ONE thing that may be a bit upsetting is this: as i've heard from long timers in the program( have no idea how much truth....)

in my restaurant, there's an old couple that comes by in their travels. they claim to be okw owners and that their park passes used to be included in their ownership.

obviously the proof is in the fine print. but if dvc really does reduce their non obligatory benefits, then that sucks. really sucks. THERE SHOULD BE SOME EXTRAS. i believe there are extras for annual pass holders...., and even fla residents.... ect, ect.....

i'm fine with my investment, but at times (like these) the benefits seem to be only towards chasing an extra one $. not the one that is def coming back.

flame away....

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
Especially a villa that only gets 2 services a week.
Despite the menu prices, a family of four would be unable to consume $74 of food at cost/day too.

Wow, you do know that villas that get paid cash for get mousekeeping daily, apparently not, $74 a day at the current menu prices is easily able, this has gotten ridicolous now, going back to disboards where posters actually bother to read what is written, and reply with at least informed information.

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
No he was still correct. The only discounts that can be combined are for UK residents only the rest of the planet can not.

Where did in any post I say where it was for, you say he was correct telling me that you cant combine discounts,

yet even you admit they are there in the UK in this very post.

so master yoda are they there or not. :shrug:

so to all those who name called your apologies are accepted:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom