42% off what about owners

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
If Disney continues to offer SSR/OKW at 42% off (plus free dining) for certain times of the year. shouldnt the owners at these resorts be offered 42% off the points required during the same times. :shrug:

DisneyJoe

If Disney continues to offer SSR/OKW at 42% off (plus free dining) for certain times of the year. shouldnt the owners at these resorts be offered 42% off the points required during the same times.

Why? I've seen calculations that show that the discount on a DVC room can be as deep as 75% off when factored over the life of the membership.

Don't forget, Disney offers these limited availability offers to the public to fill vacant rooms. There is no need to do that with DVC members....

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
Why? I've seen calculations that show that the discount on a DVC room can be as deep as 75% off when factored over the life of the membership.

Don't forget, Disney offers these limited availability offers to the public to fill vacant rooms. There is no need to do that with DVC members....

These are DVC stand alone properties so why not, you never see AK, BW, BCV, BLT, WL, on offer for 42% off do you, it seems that SSR/OKW owners pay dues for the upkeep so Disney can rent at vastly reduced rates, do you think that is fair, as I dont.

DisneyJoe

These are DVC stand alone properties so why not, you never see AK, BW, BCV, BLT, WL, on offer for 42% off do you, it seems that SSR/OKW owners pay dues for the upkeep so Disney can rent at vastly reduced rates, do you think that is fair, as I dont.

Those resorts don't have the occupancy issues that OKW/SSR do.

If you are looking to be treated like the general public, and hope for discounts from year to year and season to season, then you shouldn't have bought a DVC contract and locked in your pricing for 25-30 years or more.

I've see the math and done the math, the DVC discount on rooms can be as deep as 75% off rack rate, or 33% better than the 42% off that the general public is getting.

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
Those resorts don't have the occupancy issues that OKW/SSR do.

If you are looking to be treated like the general public, and hope for discounts from year to year and season to season, then you shouldn't have bought a DVC contract and locked in your pricing for 25-30 years or more.

I've see the math and done the math, the DVC discount on rooms can be as deep as 75% off rack rate, or 33% better than the 42% off that the general public is getting.

Factor in the 42% off rack rate, then factor in they are getting free dining, makes your figures more than slighly out.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
When you buy DVC you give up the option to use the %off discounts and promotions that Disney sometimes offers. There is no guarantee that these offers are going to continue indefinitely. At least with DVC the price is consistent. You don't have to sit around and hope that Disney feels like releasing a discount.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
DVC is not really unlike any other investment you make. You buy in and hope the market keeps climbing and you make a profit, or to be more correct with DVC you increase your savings. While this is typically true with DVC it has been not the case in the short term with SSR. Disney is having a hard time filling SSR and they would much rather give the rooms out at or near cost then let them sit empty. You can not expect Disney to cut you a break because you investment did not pan out like you thought.

toolsnspools

And as a DVC owner, you also want them to fill the rooms, even if it takes big discounts. By turning a smaller profit on rooms that otherwise wouldn't be filled, they can keep the annual maintenance down, and keep the resort staff on payroll. Leaving the rooms empty would be very bad for the resort as a whole.

devoy1701

All of those were on the 42% off this past go around actually. I had a BLT lake view room for about $270/night in my offers. 1-bedroom BCV for $200.

stlbobby

Are there special discounts just for OKW and SSR, or is the OP talking about the general summer specials? Is there a link to the discounts?

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
And as a DVC owner, you also want them to fill the rooms, even if it takes big discounts. By turning a smaller profit on rooms that otherwise wouldn't be filled, they can keep the annual maintenance down, and keep the resort staff on payroll. Leaving the rooms empty would be very bad for the resort as a whole.

the rooms that are empty have had dues paid on them, plus selling the rooms at 42% off AND FREE DINING costs more in every day mousekeeping who is paying for that is it the owners dues or what, and at the current rate of the DDP thats over $300 dollars a day for four people,

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the rooms that are empty have had dues paid on them, plus selling the rooms at 42% off AND FREE DINING costs more in every day mousekeeping who is paying for that is it the owners dues or what, and at the current rate of the DDP thats over $300 dollars a day for four people,
Where are you getting this 42% number from? If it is from the recent promotion then Joe is correct. You can not combine 2 promotions onto one reservation. If someone is telling you that they have done this they are either mistaken or have benefited from the biggest DRC glitch of all time.

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
You can not expect Disney to cut you a break because you investment did not pan out like you thought.

I diont expect Disney to cut me a break, I go at a time when there will never be discounts, I just happen to think if they can give 42% off plus free dining then owners going at the same time should get a reduction in the points needed.:)

WDWLOVER1957

Original Poster
Where are you getting this 42% number from? If it is from the recent promotion then Joe is correct. You can not combine 2 promotions onto one reservation. If someone is telling you that they have done this they are either mistaken or have benefited from the biggest DRC glitch of all time.

No one is telling me anything, I just know where to look. and dont ask me where, you have a computer its really easy to find and its out now for certain dates in 2011.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No one is telling me anything, I just know where to look. and dont ask me where, you have a computer its really easy to find and its out now for certain dates in 2011.
I quote dozens of WDW vacations per week and I know for a fact that you can not book multiple promotions on the same reservation. If you can prove otherwise by all means do so.

stlbobby

I am unaware of any discounts out for 2011, and I've checked all of the official and unofficial sites I know. Could you please post a link to the offer to which you are referring?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom