40% off ... Instead of Free Dining??

brucie

Original Poster
Hello Everyone I received an E-mail today for 40% off Hotel stays for all of there slow times if you book by Mar 31. I live in Canada and have been waiting for the Free Dining in April to book for Sept but now I'm worried there will be no free Dining!! I worked out the numbers and it is still a better deal to get free Dining then the 40% off. I even called Disney travel and spoke to them at length about it and they told me they have had no information that free dining will be offered again. I realize they prob wouldn't tell me if they did but this is the first time I have actually been worried about no free dining if they don't have it we prob wont go:veryconfu

Can all you Cm's out there or others in the know let me know if you have heard anything about Free Dining being offered again this year????

lilclerk

40% off is a pretty great deal. You can use what you save for the dining plan. I'd suggest booking at the 40% off rate, then if free dining is announced next month, see which would be cheaper.

The Disney Travel people have no idea what discounts there are til they've been released.

brucie

Original Poster
that wont work because we will not go if Free Dining is not offered the savings are better then the 40%. So if it's not offered I don't want to book and have to pay more then I normally would!

lilclerk

that wont work because we will not go if Free Dining is not offered the savings are better then the 40%. So if it's not offered I don't want to book and have to pay more then I normally would!
Last year the Visa holders received the free dining offer on 4/9, so you've got about a month to see if they release the offer or not. I'd say there's a good chance they'll offer it since they have the past few years and they did bounceback offer, but there's still no guarantee.

brucie

Original Poster
40% off saves me aprox $400.00 on our 9 day vacation. Free Dining Saves us Over $900.00

lilclerk

If they do offer free dining, is it for a specific month or do you get to pick what month you want to go?
It's usually end of August - beginning of September. Very limited availability, book it as soon as you find out about it.

lilclerk

If you are going "solo" then it would be a better deal at 40% off. When you factor in let's say a family of four, you are much better off with "free dining". Do the math yourself and you will see!!
It also depends on what hotel you're staying in.

wannabeBelle

1) Chances are the 40% is a PIN offer and good only for the person who got the E mail
2) Free Dining is NOT guaranteed to come out. It may, but no one is sure when or what dates if any will be offered, how many rooms at each hotel etc.
Belle

cymbaldiva

If you are going "solo" then it would be a better deal at 40% off. When you factor in let's say a family of four, you are much better off with "free dining". Do the math yourself and you will see!!

Exactly - My next trip I will either be solo or hopefully will convince my fiancee to join me. We don't enjoy being confined to ADRs so the dining plan is not something we would purchase.

For me the 40 % discount is a far better deal :)

mousefan1972

The email the OP received was likely a "PIN code" offer, meaning the discount is only for the person it was sent to. There have been quite a few threads recently in regards to the PIN codes. From my understanding (as I have never received one :(), you will be notified either by postcard in the mail or email if you have a PIN code offer. When you call Disney, the name the PIN code is attached to must be on the reservation. It is non-transferable. Oh, and supposedly the offers are random, but others have said to register on the Disney website (which I've done), order the planning DVD (yup, done that, too), get on various mailing lists, (yup), stayed onsite before (many times) which all should help your chances of getting one. Obviously, it hasn't helped me! :lol:

brucie

Original Poster
The offer did come with a pin I don't know where it was all offered here is part of the E-mail I got. Since I already called my pin wouldn't work for anyone but at least you know what I was offered

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]40[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]% [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
OFF
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]A DISNEY STAY! AND YOU'VE GOT 5 GREAT TIMES TO SHOOT FOR![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aiming for some Disney fun? You can save 40% off per night, plus tax, at select Disney Value Resorts in a standard room. And there are other resort room types available, including Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, at varying rates. Ask about them when you call to book your vacation! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just click on one of the targets above to discover what each has to offer. You'll find special events and new attractions taking place during every one of these 5 special times! And because of the usually shorter lines and comfortable weather, these weeks are when you could enjoy Disney the most![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And if you want some help in planning your vacation, we've included a handy calendar for you to download. You'll find that the Disney fun and savings happen all year![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make sure and book before March 31, 2008, to get this offer and take advantage of the weeks you want![/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Available for stays most nights:
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]3/30–4/8/08
8/10–9/27/08
10/19–11/1/08
11/9–11/15/08
12/7–12/17/08
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

lilclerk

Oh, and supposedly the offers are random, but others have said to register on the Disney website (which I've done), order the planning DVD (yup, done that, too), get on various mailing lists, (yup), stayed onsite before (many times) which all should help your chances of getting one. Obviously, it hasn't helped me! :lol:
:lol: Same here! I've also heard of people calling to book a vacation and asking if there's a pin attached to their name. Sometimes they're successful! I guess that's worth a try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom