40% off ... Instead of Free Dining??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The email the OP received was likely a "PIN code" offer, meaning the discount is only for the person it was sent to. There have been quite a few threads recently in regards to the PIN codes. From my understanding (as I have never received one :(), you will be notified either by postcard in the mail or email if you have a PIN code offer. When you call Disney, the name the PIN code is attached to must be on the reservation. It is non-transferable. Oh, and supposedly the offers are random, but others have said to register on the Disney website (which I've done), order the planning DVD (yup, done that, too), get on various mailing lists, (yup), stayed onsite before (many times) which all should help your chances of getting one. Obviously, it hasn't helped me! :lol:
I feel your pain. I to have done all those things and have stayed on property in excess of 60 times and been an AP holder for about 7 years now. The last time I saw anything close to a PIN code was when they were doing Savannah rooms at AKL for $189/ night when it was still under construction.

Maybe if I stay off property a few times I'll start seeing the PIN codes come in.:drevil:

YankeeMouse

Thanks for the info, Belle. He hadn't mentioned a pin, so I wondered if this was a new code.

We have been the recipient of only one postcard pin offer, in all our 46 visits, but it was good for the Poly only and was an unbelievable offer, back in 2000.

Teenchy

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]40[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]% [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]OFF[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]A DISNEY STAY! AND YOU'VE GOT 5 GREAT TIMES TO SHOOT FOR![/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]3/30–4/8/08

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]8/10–9/27/08[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]10/19–11/1/08[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]11/9–11/15/08[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]12/7–12/17/08[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Wow during the Christmas season......I know some families that would love that offer for that time of year!

Brian Noble

Will free dining be offered for Brucie? Magic 8-ball says: No Way!

Unless you work in whatever Disney offices plan upcoming promotions, there aren't many sources more accurate than the good old Magic 8-ball.

DisneyGigi

The email the OP received was likely a "PIN code" offer, meaning the discount is only for the person it was sent to. There have been quite a few threads recently in regards to the PIN codes. From my understanding (as I have never received one :(), you will be notified either by postcard in the mail or email if you have a PIN code offer. When you call Disney, the name the PIN code is attached to must be on the reservation. It is non-transferable. Oh, and supposedly the offers are random, but others have said to register on the Disney website (which I've done), order the planning DVD (yup, done that, too), get on various mailing lists, (yup), stayed onsite before (many times) which all should help your chances of getting one. Obviously, it hasn't helped me! :lol:

I feel your pain. I to have done all those things and have stayed on property in excess of 60 times and been an AP holder for about 7 years now. The last time I saw anything close to a PIN code was when they were doing Savannah rooms at AKL for $189/ night when it was still under construction.

Maybe if I stay off property a few times I'll start seeing the PIN codes come in.:drevil:

I get the codes, I have gotten two, including the 40% off by mail recently but ironically they come in my name not DH and he is the name that we book with?? :ROFLOL:
Anyway the mailer that I got did say to use the code on the front by my name. I am hoping for the free dining though because it saves us so much more and kicking myself fo no doing the bounceback last year! :rolleyes:

We didnt get any offer or codes, but we wanted to go in August, due to a bust year any cooler time, so we just looked at Disney's website, and AAA's web site. We booked a POP room the second week in August. it was only $65.90 standard room/ night. that was for weekends and weekdays. ( moderates were $109 for the same time frame.) I am not sure what the 40% is off of, but this is a pretty good rate I think. it was just a room, not a package. If free dining comes along, we can cancel for free, and re-book it with free dining.

mousefan1972

:lol: Same here! I've also heard of people calling to book a vacation and asking if there's a pin attached to their name. Sometimes they're successful! I guess that's worth a try.

At least I'm not the only one! :lol:

I get the codes, I have gotten two, including the 40% off by mail recently but ironically they come in my name not DH and he is the name that we book with?? :ROFLOL:
Anyway the mailer that I got did say to use the code on the front by my name. I am hoping for the free dining though because it saves us so much more and kicking myself fo no doing the bounceback last year! :rolleyes:

She!! It's nice to see you. :wave: I noticed you weren't around for a bit.

sissa216

We got the 40% off code.
Like someone else said, we did the numbers versus possible free dining;
with the two of us, it would probably be very close to the same.
So we went ahead and booked.

Here's a question for someone who knows though:
If free dining does come out and save us a few bucks, can I change my reservation, having booked my airline tickets through Disney as well?
If not, oh well. Got a good deal :D

Wanted to emphasize the fact that we booked our non-refundable airfare there too :)

brucie

Original Poster
Yes you can switch it and get a refund on the difference you paid the Disney Travel person told me that today!

dcibrando

free dining isn't really free

40% off saves me aprox $400.00 on our 9 day vacation. Free Dining Saves us Over $900.00

don't forget though...free dining if offered in 2008 isn't as free as free dining was in 2007

now you have to pay out of pocket for gratuity and for any appetizers

I love the dining plan...but I think i'd rather do the 40% off now

what do the value rates come to?

Mickey'n'Minnie

We got the 40% off code.
Like someone else said, we did the numbers versus possible free dining;
with the two of us, it would probably be very close to the same.
So we went ahead and booked.

Here's a question for someone who knows though:
If free dining does come out and save us a few bucks, can I change my reservation, having booked my airline tickets through Disney as well?
If not, oh well. Got a good deal :D

Wanted to emphasize the fact that we booked our non-refundable airfare there too :)

Hi All,

I actually got the 40% off promotion in the mail the other day and called Disney yesterday and booked! What they told me was that if i had booked airfare with them and the free dining came out, i would not be able to change my reservations around...

I'm coming from Canada and they offered me to fly out of Buffalo at a great price but when they told me i couldnt change things if free dining did come out, i declined the offer so now i'm looking for my own flights.

It does seem though that whenever i do call, every booking agent tells me something different. I would personally call and ask to speak to someone in a higher position to get a proper answer. I hope this somewhat helped :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom