Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

TrainsOfDisney

Wouldn't say perfectly fine

I guess I should post the news reports of the monorail accident, gator attack, big thunder, etc. every time someone says it’s safe to visit Disney world. Seems like it makes as much as sense as this.

Polkadotdress

I thought they had comfort areas where you could go to eat or drink and that was the only place. Didn’t realize you could eat and drink in line?
The outdoor portion of the lines, which extend beyond the normal queue boundaries (someone mentioned Haunted Mansion stretching over to BTM) allows eating/drinking when you are stationary because you're outside. One you pass the actual entrance to an attraction, even if it's still outdoor, eating/drinking stops.

The Relaxation Stations, which are both indoor and outdoor, allow for mask-free sitting/standing at tall boys.

Otherwise, while you are outside anywhere, you can eat/drink as long as you are stationary.

Miss Bella

Funny how you don’t post any stories of cars slamming into restaurants where people are eating inside, because that happens just as much.

Oh that’s right...doesn’t fit your narrative. Got it.
These tables are literally set up on the streets without any barriers. I don't know about you, but I've never thought sitting on a busy street was a good idea.

lazyboy97o

Once again, great googling the outliers. You know as well as I do you can do that to any point made about anything.
It’s a much more enjoyable experience for myself and a lot of others I’ve talked with. Would be smart fir restaurants that can keep outside dining when this is over to do it.
Another example of the poorly designed built environment we have accepted and often required. Instead of prioritizing the people who are in a place we are worried about the car going elsewhere and when the people driving those are cars are reckless and drive too fast we look for ways to make it easier for them by shooing away the people and widening the roads.

legwand77

Once again, great googling the outliers. You know as well as I do you can do that to any point made about anything.
It’s a much more enjoyable experience for myself and a lot of others I’ve talked with. Would be smart fir restaurants that can keep outside dining when this is over to do it.
You said perfectly fine, perfect is 100%, these "outliers" show that is not the case. I like al fresco dining too, maybe not in sub freezing weather though unless Apres' ski. I will never sit on an active busy street and eat under a tent with a couple plants or water barrier as protection though. I rather take the risk and eat indoors any day of the week. There is no way the city will allow dining in tents that are actually on the street when this is over.

Miss Bella

You said perfectly fine, perfect is 100%, these "outliers" show that is not the case. I like al fresco dining too, maybe not in sub freezing weather though unless Apres' ski. I will never sit on an active busy street and eat under a tent with a couple plants or water barrier as protection though. I rather take the risk and eat indoors any day of the week. There is no way the city will allow dining in tents that are actually on the street when this is over.
There is a lot I could say about outliers....but I'll let it go.

Since I'm someone that has been hit by a car in a crosswalk I'll take a trip to WDW during Covid over dining in the street any day of the week ending in Y. I certainly won't tell others not to dine in the street.

Back to the 40% capacity thing....weve gotten off track. I'll be leaving in a couple of days I'll report back what I experience. I checked out the lines today it didn't seem too bad.

Miss Bella

Another example of the poorly designed built environment we have accepted and often required. Instead of prioritizing the people who are in a place we are worried about the car going elsewhere and when the people driving those are cars are reckless and drive too fast we look for ways to make it easier for them by shooing away the people and widening the roads.
:jawdrop:

DisneyDebRob

That’s why they make vanilla and chocolate. I’ll take outside dining over indoor any day of the week. Pandemic or not.

legwand77

There is a lot I could say about outliers....but I'll let it go.

Since I'm someone that has been hit by a car in a crosswalk I'll take a trip to WDW during Covid over dining in the street any day of the week ending in Y. I certainly won't tell others not to dine in the street.

Back to the 40% capacity thing....weve gotten off track. I'll be leaving in a couple of days I'll report back what I experience. I checked out the lines today it didn't seem too bad.
Here is hoping it warms up a bit ,and during the week crowds should be fine. Be cool to catch a Ratatouille soft open

tpoly88

My big fear is that they won't have the operational staff to run attractions at full capacity with the increase in attendance. Length of the line doesn't bother me so much as the actual wait time. It seems like times are getting longer and longer despite the supposed 40%. These wait times are entering prepandemic level that had a much bigger attendance. Anybody think that this is a slight concern for things moving forward as we someday approach "normalcy"?
I was there this past weekend, Epcot was not packed (cold weather) and we got on every ride within 20-30 min which is unheard of now. DHS was a little more crowded on saturday but we still went on everything and longest wait was 50 min for slinky dog. Toy Story was 20 min. MK was pretty crowded as it was the first weekend you could park hop but we still did a lot of rides in 3 hrs. some places need some more staffing and the spaced out line for Haunted Mansion going down by the river and back is a little crazy but again it was 20 min. i still think they are figuring it out but they are doing a good job and our friends that were with us that are Rn's and a Dr were impressed with the safety procedures especially when eating. its better than being California and not have anything open.

M:SpilotISTC12

I was there this past weekend, Epcot was not packed (cold weather) and we got on every ride within 20-30 min which is unheard of now. DHS was a little more crowded on saturday but we still went on everything and longest wait was 50 min for slinky dog. Toy Story was 20 min. MK was pretty crowded as it was the first weekend you could park hop but we still did a lot of rides in 3 hrs. some places need some more staffing and the spaced out line for Haunted Mansion going down by the river and back is a little crazy but again it was 20 min. i still think they are figuring it out but they are doing a good job and our friends that were with us that are Rn's and a Dr were impressed with the safety procedures especially when eating. its better than being California and not have anything open.
This is a nice update! Glad to hear it wasn't unbearable. Let's hope this trend stays that way throughout the rest of the year before the crazy holiday season.

YodaMan

I think they have expanded space for the people they have. Learned to space them more efficiently if you will. We still have the question "35% of what"?

Yeah, I think they’ve given themselves plenty of leeway on the term “capacity.” I don’t think much more has opened, but if “park capacity” is being defined as a function of “ride capacity” and not “physical space” then adding all that plexiglass before the holiday rush increased “ride capacity” and allowed a higher quantitative “park capacity” without increasing the “percent”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom