Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1610160672819.png

drizgirl

If Disney isn't/hasn't been inflating the wait times for a long time, they're being foolish for this exact reason. I'm very sure they have, though.

There's almost no downside for them to say wait times are longer than they actually are, and plenty of upside. Doing so should create an overall increase in guest satisfaction.
Except for the unknowing guest who believes the times and leaves the park unhappy.

lazyboy97o

If Disney isn't/hasn't been inflating the wait times for a long time, they're being foolish for this exact reason. I'm very sure they have, though.

There's almost no downside for them to say wait times are longer than they actually are, and plenty of upside. Doing so should create an overall increase in guest satisfaction.
You have to be careful. It can create an impression that the parks don’t really know what is going on as the information is unreliable and/or unrealistic expectations creating dissatisfaction when a wait time is more accurate.

UNCgolf

Except for the unknowing guest who believes the times and leaves the park unhappy.

That would only happen if it was taken to the extreme. There would be no reason to inflate the wait times by something like 45 minutes, and even if you did for a few rides, you could leave others closer to actual wait times with only minor inflation to avoid that scenario.

You have to be careful. It can create an impression that the parks don’t really know what is going on as the information is unreliable and/or unrealistic expectations creating dissatisfaction when a wait time is more accurate.

I don't think that's really an issue for the vast majority of guests. They don't pay close enough attention to notice that type of recurrence unless it's wildly inaccurate. It's going to mostly lead to people happier that "hey we didn't have to wait as long as we thought!". More importantly, you don't want the wait times to ever be too low. People typically get angry very quickly in that scenario. If there's a posted wait time of 45 minutes and they actually have to wait 60, there will a ton of complaints and frustration.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Had several trips to several different parks (Disney and Non-Disney). Some things I remember: Slinky said 60 - was 70. Star Tours said 25 - was 10. ToT said 50 was 35. HM said 20 was 35. So it was hit and miss - some longer, some shorter than advertised. Uni was over-inflated. I use Express Pass there so the only lines I'm really waiting in are before 4pm. But for those I did - Jurassic World Boat said 50 was 20. Seuss Skyway said 40 was 25. Ripsaw said 10 was a walk-on.

Dutch Inn '76

We were there the week before Christmas. Wait times were long, but manageable. They can probably increase capacity by a little and it still work, which I guess is what they've done. Any more though, and they're going to have to increase capacity on "people eater" attractions, and open the shows and restaurants.

LittleBuford

The line for Frozen was back into the China pavilion, so my family got in line and I went to grab a beer for my wife and I to share. By the time I got back, we had to chug it to finish before entering the building.
I thought drinking or eating while in a queue wasn’t allowed. Have the rules changed recently?

DISR

I thought drinking or eating while in a queue wasn’t allowed. Have the rules changed rece
It varies a bit by location, but generally you can eat/drink in the extended queue area. Once you enter the original pre-covid queue area there is a cast member there to remind you to finish your drink or snack.

DisneyDebRob

no joke, just waiting for the story about a car wiping out diners that are eating outdoors in the street.
It’s perfectly fine. So is Phila. It’s the only places when we go out to eat. I actually find it more fun then being stuck inside a restaurant. Of course the weather plays into it but I think many places will try and keep outdoor dining, if they can, when this is over.

ParentsOf4

Any that you can name for us?
Wine Bar George was a literal COVID pit.
My sister was at Raglan Road on Saturday (January 9) at 5 pm. She thought Raglan Road was the worst she's seen at WDW to date.

The inside of the restaurant was crowded, with throngs outside as well.

After her experience, she warned us not to go to Raglan Road. She has not said about any other WDW restaurant.

legwand77

It’s perfectly fine. So is Phila. It’s the only places when we go out to eat. I actually find it more fun then being stuck inside a restaurant. Of course the weather plays into it but I think many places will try and keep outdoor dining, if they can, when this is over.

Wouldn't say perfectly fine

giantgolfer

Funny how you don’t post any stories of cars slamming into restaurants where people are eating inside, because that happens just as much.

Oh that’s right...doesn’t fit your narrative. Got it.

DisneyDebRob

Once again, great googling the outliers. You know as well as I do you can do that to any point made about anything.
It’s a much more enjoyable experience for myself and a lot of others I’ve talked with. Would be smart fir restaurants that can keep outside dining when this is over to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom