4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

21stamps

...and you missed the point again. You have personal knowledge of traveling with dogs to dog friendly hotels. Nobody is disputing that. You also can’t understand why anyone would have a problem with this. I was attempting to give you the perspective of people who don’t travel with dogs and do have a problem with this. You have to make an effort to see this through someone else’s perspective to understand where they are coming from. That was the point of the sentence that @Tony the Tigger clipped from my post. I can understand perfectly why people who like to travel with their dog would see this as a positive change. I can also see the other side.

The post wasn’t about someone liking dogs in a hotel or not.
It was referring to yet another subject where someone/s suddenly became a google expert, while making incorrect statements one after another, and not just about dogs.

Chernaboggles

This thread seems to be devolving a little, probably because we have no new information from Disney about policy, or any real accounts from people who have encountered/brought dogs to discuss.

While we're waiting, here are some pictures of my dog* causing no trouble and posing in front of a variety of fragile, expensive exhibits at the (Disney themed that year) Philadelphia Flower Show.

redcarpetjoules.jpg JoulesFlowerShow1.jpg joulesremys.jpg Joulesflowers.jpg

*What? I went 77 whole pages without posting a photo of him! You didn't think I could hold out forever, did you?

disneygeek90

I don't have a problem taking care of my animal, even while I'm on vacation- that's just being responsible.

I recall the days when there used to be a kennel, right in the front of each and every park. When my first Golden Retreiver was very young, we would stay off site and bring him to the kennel when we visited Epcot or MK. Every 2 or 3 hours, I would go to the entrance- take him for a nice long walk, let him have some sunshine and run around, rub his belly and let some of the joy that he got from seeing me reflect into the joy I got from seeing him. I was happy to stay on Hwy192 if it meant he'd be with me that night.
That "Best Friends" place is a poor substitute for having easy access to my pet from the park. We tried it once, and won't be back.

Getting rid of the kennels- THAT was the Big mistake that Disney made, that they are only now very ineffectively trying to make up for.
That's the problem, though. The Epcot kennel was great and convenient. We used it for my dog many times for day trips when we lived about an hour and a half away. Leaving the park every 2 hours to go back to your hotel to walk your dog is unrealistic.

Incomudro

This thread seems to be devolving a little, probably because we have no new information from Disney about policy, or any real accounts from people who have encountered/brought dogs to discuss.

While we're waiting, here are some pictures of my dog* causing no trouble and posing in front of a variety of fragile, expensive exhibits at the (Disney themed that year) Philadelphia Flower Show.

View attachment 239624 View attachment 239623 View attachment 239625 View attachment 239622

*What? I went 77 whole pages without posting a photo of him! You didn't think I could hold out forever, did you?

You realize that still images of your dog causing no problems are completely irrelevant, don't you?

Cousin Huet

We have enough "attention dogs" on flights now but I guess we need that attention at Disney owned resorts too. Im guessing the move to hard flooring supports this. Should make for some interesting situations when the next guest has allergy issues or the faint smell of urine because even with the mediocre cleaning they do it will still be present. Pretty soon they will be giving these families front of line access so the pet won't get anxiety while the owner is away. smh

Chernaboggles

You realize that still images of your dog causing no problems are completely irrelevant, don't you?

Of course, that was part of the joke. It was a lighthearted post poking gentle fun at the general uselessness of individual anecdotes and pointing out that we're lacking new information that would spur more meaningful discussion.

Plus, if you look closely at one of the photos you can see a little rat stirring a cooking pot at the Ratatouille exhibit.

Raineman

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but myself and my family will be checking into POR this Sunday, so I will make sure to report in this thread what the actual situation is at one of the "dog friendly" WDW resorts. Please note that I am fairly neutral on this subject, and I will be reporting what I see/hear with as little amount of bias as possible.

Chernaboggles

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but myself and my family will be checking into POR this Sunday, so I will make sure to report in this thread what the actual situation is at one of the "dog friendly" WDW resorts. Please note that I am fairly neutral on this subject, and I will be reporting what I see/hear with as little amount of bias as possible.

Thank you! I'm hoping a lot of people will do that so we can get a sense of how it's working in practice.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

View attachment 239624 View attachment 239623 View attachment 239625 View attachment 239622

Well, I can tell just by looking at him, your dog is clearly contemplating marking the rope stand and the flower pots, and then leaving a big, steaming pile of yesterday's kibble over by that bridge. After that, I'm sure he plans to bark loudly for an hour, then bite the CM who comes to see what the problem is.

Chernaboggles

Well, I can tell just by looking at him, your dog is clearly contemplating marking the rope stand and the flower pots, and then leaving a big, steaming pile of yesterday's kibble over by that bridge. After that, I'm sure he plans to bark loudly for an hour, then bite the CM who comes to see what the problem is.

Totally! Then he'll dig up one of the flower exhibits and bury the CM in a shallow grave. Alive.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This came up on my Yahoo news feed:
http://www.latimes.com/os-bz-dogs-disney-resorts-20171022-story.html

Nothing really new that wasn’t already discussed here except for this:

Disney World, which has about 28,000 hotel rooms, will convert 250 of those into dog-friendly abodes in a yearlong pilot program. Disney said it’s too early to speculate if more hotels could be added in the future.

“We can guarantee that guests who prefer, will not be placed in a dog-friendly room or a dog-friendly hotel,” Disney said in a statement.

Only rooms on certain floors or areas will allow dogs, Disney said, adding, “We have a thorough cleaning process for our rooms.”
I hadn’t seen anywhere before an estimate of how many rooms were part of the pilot program. 250 really is a small percentage of the total. It also sounds like Disney is insisting that there will be specific rooms designated as dog friendly as opposed to the initial info from that POR site that said they were allowing dogs in any room of a specific room type. If true that should at least be good news for people looking to avoid dog rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom