4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Of course not. I blame Disney. While the Best Friends place is nice enough, the fact is it was created to provide a service that Disney used to provide themselves (kennels), before they decided to have a separate company do it instead, and I feel sure there was a monetary reason there.
There always is:)

I wonder if this pilot works out if Disney would ever consider making a complete dog friendly resort. They could build more of a boutique hotel that’s 100% dog friendly and include all kinds of services for dogs and amenities tailored to dogs and their owners including what was lost when they closed the kennels. They are looking to develope the Flamingo Crossing area, could be a good fit. There would definitely be money to be made.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I wouldn’t mind seeing dogs in the lobby or gift shops. I have the maturity of an average 2nd grader so I actually think it would be hilarious if one took a huge dump right in the middle of the store:) I don’t have to clean it up;)
That would actually be hilarious. Or a male dog could hike its leg and pee on specific merchandise. I'm hoping it's Marvel. ;)

Incomudro

I never use ignore unless the person is being offensive to me. It takes a lot to offend me....this isn’t even coming close;)

Believe it or not I actually think we are not that far off from each other’s viewpoints.
I don't use the ignore feature, but I do pass over certain posts from certain people at certain times.

21stamps

Maybe so but you clipped a single sentence from a much larger post that had a more specific meaning in the context of the discussion at the time.

The internet and google is great.. but when people think they’ve become an expert on something because they did quick google search, or constantly compare Las Vegas and Disney World...or that families only stay in Disney hotels.. or assume that Disney World is the only place where Kids and Alcohol can be under the same roof..etc,etc. Well, It gets crazy to see, as well as the responses and hysteria it creates.
Especially when you have several people in a thread who actually do have real life experience with any or all of the incorrect assumptions.

Chernaboggles

Here’s another question, are these 2 bullet points an attempt to limit this policy to smaller dogs?

3. I understand and agree that the hotel retains the right to exclude my pet if, in the hotel's sole discretion, my pet is considered dangerous by reason of size, disposition or is likely to frighten or harm other guests of the hotel. I agree that at all times while on hotel property I will ensure my pet complies with all relevant laws and regulations. I agree that if I do not adhere to these policies, I will be required to board my pet at my own expense.

I don't think it's a limit so much as a gentle warning. An unfortunate number of people get big, scary looking dogs on purpose, for the pleasure of intimidating others, or as a status symbol indicating their own toughness. Mastiffs and Cane Corsos are popular with this set, and are often physically too big for the owners to manage safely. I read this as Disney both giving themselves broad powers of discretion, and as a reminder to owners that Disney is a family-friendly place.

In other words:
Big dog in a Mickey bandana, walking nicely on a leash and wagging his tail at everyone he sees?
Welcome to Disney World! Here's your Pluto Welcome Kit.

Big dog in a spiked collar, dragging the owner around and lunging randomly at other guests?
I'm so sorry, but this dog violates our pet policies, let us help you arrange boarding accomodations for him.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't think it's a limit so much as a gentle warning. An unfortunate number of people get big, scary looking dogs on purpose, for the pleasure of intimidating others, or as a status symbol indicating their own toughness. Mastiffs and Cane Corsos are popular with this set, and are often physically too big for the owners to manage safely. I read this as Disney both giving themselves broad powers of discretion, and as a reminder to owners that Disney is a family-friendly place.

In other words:
Big dog in a Mickey bandana, walking nicely on a leash and wagging his tail at everyone he sees?
Welcome to Disney World! Here's your Pluto Welcome Kit.

Big dog in a spiked collar, dragging the owner around and lunging randomly at other guests?
I'm so sorry, but this dog violates our pet policies, let us help you arrange boarding accomodations for him.
That makes sense. I think some hotels just set a size limit to make it easier for their staff even though it does exclude some dogs who wouldn’t be a problem. Disney’s policy is more inclusive but will require more judgement from staff at the hotels.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The internet and google is great.. but when people think they’ve become an expert on something because they did quick google search, or constantly compare Las Vegas and Disney World...or that families only stay in Disney hotels.. or assume that Disney World is the only place where Kids and Alcohol can be under the same roof..etc,etc. Well, It gets crazy to see, as well as the responses and hysteria it creates.
Especially when you have several people in a thread who actually do have real life experience with any or all of the incorrect assumptions.
...and you missed the point again. You have personal knowledge of traveling with dogs to dog friendly hotels. Nobody is disputing that. You also can’t understand why anyone would have a problem with this. I was attempting to give you the perspective of people who don’t travel with dogs and do have a problem with this. You have to make an effort to see this through someone else’s perspective to understand where they are coming from. That was the point of the sentence that @Tony the Tigger clipped from my post. I can understand perfectly why people who like to travel with their dog would see this as a positive change. I can also see the other side.

Animaniac93-98

Lets Respect

I don't think people will be able to sue Disney just because the dog was there.
It would have to be something like they were told the dog was acting vicious and they didn't do anything about it.
That's the way I understand it anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom