4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No it’s about being realistic that a company will always implement a change when someone has a reservation. There isn’t any way to avoid it. Tomorrow, 6 months from now.. announcements don’t matter. Someone will always have a reservation.

Sounds like they’re explaining the areas first so people understand. That doesn’t sound like a horrible practice, it sounds like a smart one.
...and those people with reservations should be allowed to switch if Disney wants to keep them happy. Again, basic customer service.

Of course they are going to explain the policy first before switching them. Nobody is saying they shouldn’t do that. After the policy is explained if the guest still says they don’t want to stay there the CM on the phone should be empowered to make the move.

This year when CBR started construction they offered guests with existing reservations a $75 gift card per night at check in or the option to switch to another resort with no fees. They didn’t say, we can change things any time we want so too bad.

njDizFan

These comments are exactly why I said “people view Disney differently”.
Yes, anyone is free to switch if they don’t like dogs.
No, I don’t blame a business for not offering to compensate someone right out of the gate.
They are allowed to change their policies without asking everyone’s permission.

I’m willing to bet that people have booked hotels that they’ve never even realized were “dog friendly”. I didn’t realize that Universal resorts were until this thread.
I think most of us can agree but yes we do view Disney differently. We expect them to live up to their own standards of exceptional quality and services. And we are also talking about a place with a high concentration of children who have extended stays. There are few places in the world that fit that criteria.

I'm sure we could come up with some scenarios where a policy change would impact your stay and would probably request a change in amenities. i.e they just reserved an entire building of CBR for only cheerleaders, or they designated certain rooms for smoking now etc(congratulations you are in the cigar convention wing!).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I respectfully, but strongly, disagree. I watched it when one of the Moderate resorts announced construction.. people flipped out, called, demanded something different.. wanted upgrades. Told stories of staying on hold until they got AKL or Beach Club etc...or even other more expensive ‘moderates’.

Come on now. Upgrades should happen in certain cases, but you can’t upgrade an entire resort because of construction or a closed restaurant, or because people just don’t like dogs.
Nobody is asking for an upgrade. Just an equivalent room somewhere else.

John park hopper

...and those people with reservations should be allowed to switch if Disney wants to keep them happy. Again, basic customer service.

Of course they are going to explain the policy first before switching them. Nobody is saying they shouldn’t do that. After the policy is explained if the guest still says they don’t want to stay there the CM on the phone should be empowered to make the move.

This year when CBR started construction they offered guests with existing reservations a $75 gift card per night at check in or the option to switch to another resort with no fees. They didn’t say, we can change things any time we want so too bad.

Stayed @ CBR in May they did give $75/day gift card on check in but never offered a different resort

21stamps

I think most of us can agree but yes we do view Disney differently. We expect them to live up to their own standards of exceptional quality and services. And we are also talking about a place with a high concentration of children who have extended stays. There are few places in the world that fit that criteria.

I'm sure we could come up with some scenarios where a policy change would impact your stay and would probably request a change in amenities. i.e they just reserved an entire building of CBR for only cheerleaders, or they designated certain rooms for smoking now etc(congratulations you are in the cigar convention wing!).

Like my last Disney vacation when the quick service restaurant was closed at the resort I was staying at, and my favorite lounge was turned into a make-shift grab and go store? I didn’t realize this until I received a letter well after my reservations were made.
And then my full price room at the next resort has a gorgeous view of construction work and dirt?

There’s reasonable and there’s unreasonable expectations. I understand wanting to switch if the person understand what is happening and still wants to make a lateral move, and I think Disney is correct in accommodating that. I don’t think they should offer it right away, there is only so many rooms.

Nobody is asking for an upgrade. Just an equivalent room somewhere else.

Go back and read my first comment.lol

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Stayed @ CBR in May they did give $75/day gift card on check in but never offered a different resort
At one point they offered these resorts to travel agents for switches based on availablilty:
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
The general public may not have known it. Here's a blurb about it:
http://www.chipandco.com/disney-swe...offered-caribbean-beach-resort-guests-261219/

21stamps

So Disney should not offer anything to anyone because somebody claims on a FB group or online forum that they stayed on the phone and demanded an upgrade? That's not a very smart way to run a business.

Ok now I don’t think you read any of my posts.lol

I remember reading that and wondered why they didn’t do something similar at WL last year. The construction didn’t appear to make reservations easier to get at WL though, and it was completely excluded from passholder discounts during my dates.. they were almost completely booked, so maybe that’s why.

I’m still kicking myself for not jumping on the CBR gift card and room discount offer !!! Glad you were able to take advantage of it!

Chernaboggles

I respectfully, but strongly, disagree. I watched it when one of the Moderate resorts announced construction.. people flipped out, called, demanded something different.. wanted upgrades. Told stories of staying on hold until they got AKL or Beach Club etc.
Come on now.

The vocal minority flipped out. The vast majority of WDW visitors just don't follow things that closely, but either way, that kind of reaction is Disney's own darn fault. Disney doesn't just sell hotel rooms and park tickets, they sell intangibles: magic, memories, family time, happiness. If you make it your mission to get guests deeply invested in every detail of their vacation, you've got to roll with some static if you change something up.

David L.

Just got off the phone with POR. It now seems dogs will be allowed in any available standard or garden room with no floor restrictions. There will be four areas on the grounds, look at the map, so the dogs can do their business. I'm wondering how many people will be willing to walk their dogs to the designated areas in the middle of the night or very early in the morning. Or will they just let the dogs "go" at the first convient hidden spot?

John park hopper

I remember reading that and wondered why they didn’t do something similar at WL last year. The construction didn’t appear to make reservations easier to get at WL though, and it was completely excluded from passholder discounts during my dates.. they were almost completely booked, so maybe that’s why.

I’m still kicking myself for not jumping on the CBR gift card and room discount offer !!! Glad you were able to take advantage of it!
We had made reservations 8 months in advance for CBR and knew nothing about the construction until we got an email saying due to construction they were going to give $25 gift card (fine with us) @ check in it was bumped up to $75. Disney got a thumbs up from me and really the construction was not all that bad. WDW at times does try to go that extra mile

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Nah...this should have been a "no questions asked" sort of thing and just do it.
Here’s the funny thing. Everything was going swimmingly. I was even offered a room at POFQ, even though that resort was not included in the BounceBack offer I had booked less than 4 weeks prior.

The CM then checked for a standard King room at CSR and advised that there was availability. As I am gushing with relief and thanking him profusely, he then sprung the $397+ difference on me.

6CE1BF46-76CC-45D5-83FF-F240335309FB.png

Yeah, didn’t see that coming. At all.

21stamps

Here’s the funny thing. Everything was going swimmingly. I was even offered a room at POFQ, even though that resort was not included in the BounceBack offer I had booked less than 4 weeks prior.

The CM then checked for a standard King room at CSR and advised that there was availability. As I am gushing with relief and thanking him profusely, he then sprung the $397+ difference on me.

View attachment 239417

Yeah, didn’t see that coming. At all.

So was it just the room category, or would all of his “offers” come with a price?

We had made reservations 8 months in advance for CBR and knew nothing about the construction until we got an email saying due to construction they were going to give $25 gift card (fine with us) @ check in it was bumped up to $75. Disney got a thumbs up from me and really the construction was not all that bad. WDW at times does try to go that extra mile

That’s wonderful! I didn’t read any bad trip reports from people who stayed during that time. All were pretty happy with the deal.

21stamps

I have no idea. I was transferring from a Standard King room at a Moderate Resort to a Standard King room at a Moderate Resort. I wasn’t looking for an upgrade, compensation, or any kind of freebie.

That’s not why I was asking.

Based on your last comment, I’m wondering if they did preset certain rooms in anticipation of requests.. maybe that’s why he offered you POFQ.. but the King Room type at CSR wasn’t included in the preset rooms and threw a kink in the system, which prolonged the ordeal and required an override.
Not saying that it shouldn’t have been comped, just curious.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
That’s not why I was asking.

Based on your last comment, I’m wondering if they did preset certain rooms in anticipation of requests.. maybe that’s why he offered you POFQ.. but the King Room type at CSR wasn’t included in the preset rooms and thru a kink in the system, which prolonged the ordeal and required an override.
Not saying that it shouldn’t have been comped, just curious.
Again, I have no idea. French Quarter shares too many amenities with Riverside for my comfort level. I’m not allergic. I’m phobic.

After I declined to pay extra for CSR, I was offered CBR for a $200 discount; but that was a resounding “no” from me.

More than an over-ride was required. I had called Reservations to start, and after being put on hold three separate times, the CM transferred me over to Guest Relations, where I sat in another 25 minute queue. The CM at Guest Relations also had to put me on hold numerous times while she checked what could be done with the price.

I didn’t ask them if the King room was the problem. I had booked a King for a reason, so switching to two Queens was not desirable. They didn’t say. I didn’t ask.

I asked for and eventually received exactly what I had paid for at a comparable resort. The same resort incidentally, that I have stayed at for the past four years ... and that I wanted to skip next year due to the construction.

21stamps

Again, I have no idea. French Quarter shares too many amenities with Riverside for my comfort level. I’m not allergic. I’m phobic.

After I declined to pay extra for CSR, I was offered CBR for a $200 discount; but that was a resounding “no” from me.

More than an over-ride was required. I had called Reservations to start, and after being put on hold three separate times, the CM transferred me over to Guest Relations, where I sat in another 25 minute queue. The CM at Guest Relations also had to put me on hold numerous times while she checked what could be done with the price.

I didn’t ask them if the King room was the problem. I had booked a King for a reason, so switching to two Queens was not desirable. They didn’t say. I didn’t ask.

I asked for and eventually received exactly what I had paid for at a comparable resort. The same resort incidentally, that I have stayed at for the past four years ... and that I wanted to skip next year due to the construction.

I don’t automatically jump on a band wagon of “bad customer service!”, so I’m always curious for more info.

In your scenario I would be frustrated too. The biggest problem with Disney is the stupid codes that go with everything. You used a bounce back and they had to match the price...it probably should have been more simple, but I am curious about POFQ.

Anyway.. last year I tried to cancel my dining package more than a month before my trip. Full price room, full price dining plan. Resort was sold out. My travel agent spent over an hour on the phone to be told that there was no way to cancel the dining plan without risking my room.. that because of the “code” it would need to be a cancellation and rebook.. and someone could grab my room in those few minutes.
Trust me, I was frustrated. I wasted way too much money on the dining plan, and as expected, was left over with way too many TS and QS and Snack credits.

I still don’t totally understand why they don’t have a way to cancel dining. Who knows if yours was “code” related, or room type, or if they really are being intentionally difficult.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I read them, but I can’t really follow what you are trying to say.
@Chernaboggles said this:
Agreed. The hospitality business is all about perception. If corporate has made a change that the guest objects so strongly to that they don't want to stay at a particular resort anymore, just switch them with a smile. There's no need to give them anything extra, but a hassle-free transfer should be the default, not something the guest has to fight for. I think this should apply to things like construction as well. Not emergency maintenance or stuff like dogs staying during the hurricanes, but policy changes and planned disruptions, yes.
And your response was this:
I respectfully, but strongly, disagree. I watched it when one of the Moderate resorts announced construction.. people flipped out, called, demanded something different.. wanted upgrades. Told stories of staying on hold until they got AKL or Beach Club etc...or even other more expensive ‘moderates’.

Come on now. Upgrades should happen in certain cases, but you can’t upgrade an entire resort because of construction or a closed restaurant, or because people just don’t like dogs.
So you respectfully but strongly disagreed that Disney should just switch the reservations with a smile and a hassle free transfer should be the default. You gave as your reason for disagreeing that you saw people flip out and demand an upgrade to a deluxe resort during construction. My response was that in this case people are not asking for an upgrade just an equivalent room. You told me I needed to reread your post. What am I missing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom