4 Walt Disney World Resorts to accept dogs

21stamps

People aren't dusting all of their bed sheets, pillows and carpet in peanut butter.

For crying out loud. Stay in a different hotel.
No, hotels do not have to cater to every dog allergy scenario. They can’t put you in the same room as a dog is staying in, and they can impose rules on the dogs. That’s it.
If that’s not enough, then it’s your responsibility to take your Health into your own hands.

disneygeek90

For crying out loud. Stay in a different hotel.
No, hotels do not have to cater to every dog allergy scenario. They can’t put you in the same room as a dog is staying in, and they can impose rules on the dogs. That’s it.
If that’s not enough, then it’s your responsibility to take your Health into your own hands.
I don't even care about myself. I'm not allergic to dogs, though I am very allergic to cats. I don't stay at the resorts. I just find the whole thing to be a little over the top and unnecessary but I suppose Disney will welcome the extra pocket money opportunity.

Incomudro

Stop this garbage.

The anti-dog people are trying to make themselves into abused victims. They are forgetting a basic fact: you do not have the right to tell others how to live their lives.

The hypocrisy on this issue is appalling. This is the same board that didn't think it was a big deal that wheel-chair bound people couldn't go on River Journey. That far worse act of exclusion barely caused a ripple. But apparently dogs being within a mile of some posters is cause for a meltdown.

Yeah, 'cause it won't happen - right?
Look, there's a reason in saner times that dogs weren't permitted everywhere.
People were reasonable, and dog owners were reasonable.
Now, people think their dogs are people, and businesses like WDW are caving in.
Don't think dog owners will be breaking the rules like people everywhere break the rules?
Perhaps you can kid yourself, but you're not fooling me.
It's going to happen.
Some dog owners will invariably believe that their precious fur baby is "no problem" and can come to the food court.
Or the gift shop.
Etc., etc.
And how dare they be told otherwise.

21stamps

I don't even care about myself. I'm not allergic to dogs, though I am very allergic to cats. I don't stay at the resorts. I just find the whole thing to be a little over the top and unnecessary but I suppose Disney will welcome the extra pocket money opportunity.

This is why this thread is so crazy.. people without allergies are painting some dire scenario for people with allergies.
People without dogs are quoting googled “facts” (I use that term very loosely) about dogs.
People are showing extreme insecurities by launching an attack on dog owners who view pets as family.
Just absolute craziness. Amusing, but also frightening to watch.

It just shows how badly “people” need to crusade.. for something, anything that allows them to rant and talk about “unfairness”.lol

disneygeek90

This is why this thread is so crazy.. people without allergies are painting some dire scenario for people with allergies.
People without dogs are quoting googled “facts” (I use that term very loosely) about dogs.
People are showing extreme insecurities by launching an attack on dog owners who view pets as family.
No, no. If my allergy to cats was what it is for dogs, I would not bode well with them running all over the place. I basically look at a cat and my eyes start itching.

I understand people loving their pets but there is a time and a place for everything. Dragging your pet along with you cross country so you can leave it in a room while you hit the parks is neither the time nor the place.

Chernaboggles

It just shows how badly “people” need to crusade.. for something, anything that allows them to rant and talk about “unfairness”.lol

wrong.png

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Peanuts also are among the eight foods most often to cause allergy, and flatulence is a mild symptom of a food allergy and intolerance.
Seriously, I was gonna mention that peanuts give me gas in my last post, thus they create noise by proxy. However, I left it out, thinking it was too much information.

21stamps

It’s not even just the internet.. any change is met by an “OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!! THIS (insert worst possible case scenario here) IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! IT’S NOT FAIR!!!!”

Then, start a hashtag campaign.. grab some signs.. call..write..email.. voice Your concerns for that worst-possible-case-scenario, loudly.

BUT- in this particular subject the “sky is falling” comments are even more amusing/confusing... To believe said comments means that we must totally ignore the fact that hotels accepting dogs is already happening all over the country.

Nubs70

Quite frankly,. I have no contractual obligations with anyone but WDW when onsite.

My dogs are part of my family and are well cared for.

That being said, I think the Dog in Room program is not well planned or thought through which will needlessly add conflict where none previously existed.

I would have not.even considered, nor really would want, bringing my dogs to WDW. But after this change, I would like to just to see the CM reaction at check in. I would be walking up with over 350 lbs of canine. What are they going to do, cancel my reservation?

21stamps

Quite frankly,. I have no contractual obligations with anyone but WDW when onsite.

My dogs are part of my family and are well cared for.

That being said, I think the Dog in Room program is not well planned or thought through which will needlessly add conflict where none previously existed.

I would have not.even considered, nor really would want, bringing my dogs to WDW. But after this change, I would like to just to see the CM reaction at check in. I would be walking up with over 350 lbs of canine. What are they going to do, cancel my reservation?

Please video that if it ever happens. And do a WDW/Uni combo trip so we can compare reactions at both resorts.
I have no intention of bringing my dog to Disney unless there was a special event.. if we crossed paths with you and your dogs, I would pick up my dog in fear.lol. But I wouldn’t be mad at you for bringing them.

epcotWSC

Our modern world, where people get offended on behalf of others and have to fight for people who don't want those people fighting for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom