4 new Fantasyland concept arts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOO sensitive. Is a foaming drink in a mug. When your Chili's server brings out your child's drink, do you ask for a different glass? People who are too politically correct take the fun out of everything. I honestly don't see an issue with a mug style cup serving a fun beverage. Cheers! :slurp:

Nor do we. :) We are talking about the foam head on the top and the fact that it is made to look like a beer. My kids always get a glass mug from Liberty Tree Tavern each trip. But it doesn't come out with a stout foam head. ;)

JustInTime

Nor do we. :) We are talking about the foam head on the top and the fact that it is made to look like a beer. My kids always get a glass mug from Liberty Tree Tavern each trip. But it doesn't come out with a stout foam head. ;)

So beer is the only foaming drink? No Root Beer Float? I see a Mole Hill here.

Chevross

I used to get non-alcoholic foamed drinks when I was a child....I'd even bubble up my milk to make it look like it was foaming. :lol:

So beer is the only foaming drink? No Root Beer Float? I see a Mole Hill here.

Why exactly are you trying to start something here? There are already about 6 other people at this site that love getting into threads and starting arguments. We don't need another. Post you opinions and don't pick fights. I think a float is a float and a beer is a beer. And a drink that is a foaming drink made to look like a beer (floats are not intended that way genius) are just as bad.

JustInTime

Why exactly are you trying to start something here? There are already about 6 other people at this site that love getting into threads and starting arguments. We don't need another. Post you opinions and don't pick fights. I think a float is a float and a beer is a beer. And a drink that is a foaming drink made to look like a beer (floats are not intended that way genius) are just as bad.

It takes two, ya know. I just think you are reading too much into concept art...and making a fuss over nothing. I guess that is just the typical American way. Everything is censored and filtered now.

FYI: Discussions whether everyone is in agreement or not...that is the point of a Discussion forum. :shrug:

It takes two, ya know. I just think you are reading too much into concept art...and making a fuss over nothing. I guess that is just the typical American way. Everything is censored and filtered now.

FYI: Discussions whether everyone is in agreement or not...that is the point of a Discussion forum. :shrug:

It just seems like you are here to start something. I just had an issue with the rendering. That is all. Besides, I see a side of society every single day that comes from the whole "Awww, it's cute when he gets a sip of beer like daddy!" or the little silly gang-banger wannabes that get their kid a beer because they just want to "bond" with the child when they were only 15 themselves when the kid was born. The whole thing is ridiculous but I wasn't taking this rendering there. I just stated my opinion that it was a little over the top for Disney.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's a foamy drink; so are cappuccinos. But bringing beer into the discussion is validating the axiom that art truly is in the eye of the beholder.....

juan

I don't see what the problem is. Nowhere does it say that it is beer and how can you distinguish what is represented to be a beer versus a root beer float? Seeing how a kid is drinking and its the MK (a dry park), the art intention is more likely that it is root beer (or similar) and not beer. Trying to argue that the original intention is to mimic beer shows a prior bias towards alcohol. It's this type of political correctness that caused rides like PotC to be changed (Pirate chasing girl for wine glass rather than originally just chasing the girl)
_
_
_
As for the Tavern itself, it's a great move for Disney. Disney is able to have a high-profit margin with foods. Although FLE has NOTHING to do with WWoHP, the popularity of a gimmick drink like Butterbeer has been very profitable and if Disney serves its own concoction, they stand to make a ton.

Scuttle

Omg. Seriously people!? Are you people really acting like this is a big deal? Does it have alcohol in it? NO! So please stop your complaining.

A mug of root beer comes out foaming and kids have been drinking them for ages.

Really. I'd not heard that before. :rolleyes:

At what point did I say that a kid that drinks a root beer is going to be an alcoholic? Please tell me, because I'd like to know. The over-generalization of all of the comments berating me here are astounding and I'd just like to get a handle on exactly what drives everyone to tear another person apart because of their opinions. I never even said that all kids who have parents irresponsible enough to give them alcohol at young ages would become alcoholics. LOL I make a comment about how unDisney the image of a kid drinking what is supposed to be a real/fake beer is and everyone loses their minds. "A root beer is not a beer." "A root beer can have a foam head." yadda yadda yadda. LMAO :ROFLOL: It is a sad commentary on how entitled and superior some on this site think they are. Actually it's pretty funny to see everyone blow this out of proportion and try to make themselves seem superior here. :ROFLOL: Really. We're getting a pretty good laugh about it over here. Please, send back something else witty. :rolleyes:

No response? Well, I gotta get to bed. I suppose I'll have to get up tomorrow and read something like:
Kids have been eating Pixie Sticks for decades and they aren't drug addicts!
or something else even more ridiculous. God have mercy, I never thought people could have been so far off my point. LOL Thanks for the laugh folks! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

_Scar

At what point did I say that a kid that drinks a root beer is going to be an alcoholic? Please tell me, because I'd like to know. The over-generalization of all of the comments berating me here are astounding and I'd just like to get a handle on exactly what drives everyone to tear another person apart because of their opinions. I never even said that all kids who have parents irresponsible enough to give them alcohol at young ages would become alcoholics. LOL I make a comment about how unDisney the image of a kid drinking what is supposed to be a real/fake beer is and everyone loses their minds. "A root beer is not a beer." "A root beer can have a foam head." yadda yadda yadda. LMAO :ROFLOL: It is a sad commentary on how entitled and superior some on this site think they are. Actually it's pretty funny to see everyone blow this out of proportion and try to make themselves seem superior here. :ROFLOL: Really. We're getting a pretty good laugh about it over here. Please, send back something else witty. :rolleyes:

How is it "unDisney"? For many people outside the US, drinking is not a big deal. Seeing this image won't make them go "This isn't what this company was founded upon" when all actuality Walt's last project was PotC and as Juan stated that wasn't the most politically correct ride by any stretch of imagination.

Let the kid feel like he's a mans man drinking a beer next to a giant portrait of Gaston. It's all in good fun.

No response? Well, I gotta get to bed. I suppose I'll have to get up tomorrow and read something like:

or something else even more ridiculous. God have mercy, I never thought people could have been so far off my point. LOL Thanks for the laugh folks! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

What? Am I watching a mental breakdown unfold? :lookaroun too much laughing.

ChristianG

Please, don't get too cocky.
People will have their opinions, and if it's anyone who's "blowing out of porportion and trying to make themselves look superior", it's YOU. Your original opinion about Disney portraying beer was understandable. But you don't have to get cocky and start pretending like everyone around you is a fool.

UberPlannerMom

Ok Sweetheart- please calm down. I have read the entire thread and no one seems to be attacking you. They are simply stating the possible alternatives. Disagreeing is not attacking. I personally believe that Disney intentionally portrayed a child drinking that drink in order to avoid a bunch of "Look, the MK is going to serve alcohol now" nonsense. They may have avoided making it brown in order to show that they will serve a special drink or simply because they didn't want to add another brown to the picture. Immediately I got a little excited that perhaps I would finally be able to find a vanilla cream soda in the world!

My big problem with the rendering is simple... there is no way they are going to serve the drinks in mugs at a quick service place. Anyone know of any quick service places at WDW that don't use disposable items?

Scuttle

I remember one of the original Be Our Guest renderings had a women drinking a martini, so who knows how accurate these artist renderings are.

ryno1982

Well I for one am with you on this. Even if it's not beer, the fact that in the movie it is implies that the kid is in fact drinking beer.

KingdomofDreams

:lookaroun I just read the entire thread and you are the only one "losing their mind" or "blowing anything out of proportion". You originally stated your impression/feeling about the artist's rendering, and that's totally fine, but others disagree and stated that. No one was berating you. This is a forum and there is discussion. People state their opinions and not everyone (sometimes few people or no one) agrees with you.

Following your line of thought, Disney should scrap the entire Gaston's Tavern concept altogether because it is a "tavern". I doubt many, if any, kids will ever make the connection at all. I grew up drinking big frosty mugs of A&W Root Beer. Looked just like a big frosty mug of dark beer. I never confused the two. I really think this is a non-issue.

I hope they serve a hot spiced apple cider there in cooler months! Yum!

OMG. This is actually great. I love how everyone is saying it's me that is flipping out here. :rolleyes: I go to bed last night with a smile on my face about the ridiculously insane postings directed at me and I wake up to more insane postings. Thanks guys. I'm actually pretty calm about this whole thing folks. LOL I just make one comment about the rendering of a kid with what looks like a beer and a dozen attacks start flying. LOL Comedy gold. Everyone also proved a point I made on another site about how quick people on here are to attack others. Awesome. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom