4/25/05 - Very large Everest photo update!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for the pictoral.

i was wondering if disney has ever released the scale of EE compared to the real thing......... ex: 1/10, 1/15, 1/20 etc etc. have they released that and i missed it. that would be a neat factoid.

SpenceMan01

STR8FAN2005 said:
Hmmmm...there are what appear to be wooden pilings in front of the mountain now. I wonder what is going on!

I was thinking the same thing, though they're NOT the ties for the "railroad" tracks. It looks more like they'll be used to restrict views of that helix from the walkway. You'll be able to see it come out of the mountain, drop down out of sight behind whatever kind of barrier this is, then pop back up and into the mountain.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
SpenceMan01 said:
I was thinking the same thing, though they're NOT the ties for the "railroad" tracks. It looks more like they'll be used to restrict views of that helix from the walkway. You'll be able to see it come out of the mountain, drop down out of sight behind whatever kind of barrier this is, then pop back up and into the mountain.
that is what i was thinking...but i dont understand why they would restrict the view of that helix...... i just cant see any benefit from the viewers prospective or the riders.

PBarton

Awesome pictures!!

It looks so much different from when I saw it myself in April 2004.... The sheer size is breathtaking!!:sohappy:

Won't be visiting again until 2007 though :cry:

adr315

if u look at the original concept art, those wooden pile-ons is where there will be a bunch of trees, used to obscure the helix... in fact, i doubt any of the base of Everest will be visible from the ground

sabian

Look, I am one that always is ctirtical of Eisner. But, let me say, Everest looks amazing. I give credit where credit is due. This attraction looks totally first class. It is very exciting watching it go up. Cannot wait until it is completed.........Good Show :)

CTXRover

jmaxwell007 said:
that is what i was thinking...but i dont understand why they would restrict the view of that helix...... i just cant see any benefit from the viewers prospective or the riders.

I'm not sure what they will be used for either, but if they are used to ultimately hide a portion of that helix it is probably to create even more interest for bystanders to check it out (like it needs anymore...just look at it :lol: ). Standing on the bridge, you will see the train exit the mountain and then "disappear", only to grab a quick glance as it re-enters the mountain. It it might also have to do with the emergency exit stairs installed along side the one portion of the track. I know some have thought they looked out of place and even some have said ruined the forced perspective the mountain is trying to create, and since they probably are a necessity, hiding them from a bystander's pov with whatever those poles will be used for may be the way to go.

Great pics ImagineersRock!! :)

disneydisney

The pictures are awesome. I am getting more and more excited about riding it as the constructions process. I'm glad we are getting this at AK. It will be a different park when everest opens. Cant Wait.

imagineersrock

Original Poster
djronnieb said:
did u happen to notice if all the AK banners had lucky on them now? Because on the last photo update we got from someone the AK banners did not have Lucky.
To answer your question, both are being used now. As far as other parks, transportation, and the AK parking lot... all of those were still the ones with Everest and the Tree of Life. The entire entrance area to AK however uses mostly the "Lucky" banners. We must have read that same thread that included that update/discussion about why there were no "Lucky" banners, so I just had to get a shot of it when I saw one.

dandaman

SpenceMan01 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I just rechecked, and it looks like the wood would be too big in length to be ties anyways...

Sergeant Tibbs

STR8FAN2005 said:
Is it just me, or is the track that goes up and into the mountain on the front left new? I do not remember seeing it before. It appears to be connected to the curved track in the middle. The construction wall is obstructing my view.
I think that is the 80ft drop. I think you come down 80ft from the left, go into the helix then go back into the mountain (which is on the right side of the picture). But does any1 know if the drop starts from further in the mountain? That doen't look like 80ft. Also, will they make it really cold on the ride to make it actually feel like your on Everest? I saw that there was palm trees around the base of the mountain and i think that kinda takes away from the effect. But i guess its in the middle of Florida so i guess thats what i should expect. just wondering. oh yeah and AWESOME PICS! :)

Brent

Great photo update, EE seems to be moveing right along since I saw it the first week of Feb. Can't wait to take a spin on it next year. As for King Kong playing the Yetti, as much as I miss Kong he better not come anywhere near Disney or I personaly kill him. lol
And may I add its nice to see the almighty ladder have a new home. But for the sake of the ladder stop moveing it how can it make any friends w/ moving all the time. (yes i'm going a bit nuts today forgive me)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom