4/25/05 - Very large Everest photo update!

diddy_mouse

this ride looks better each time i see pics of it! can't wait to strap in for this one!!! thanx for the pics imagineersrock :wave:

dux783

Am i right in thinking it is due to open in May06?
When will the "soft" openings likely to start?
I'm in WDW late Jan/early Feb 06, any chance I'll be lucky ennough to ride it?

imagineersrock

Original Poster
dux783 said:
First off, welcome to the boards!

But to answer your question, there is a definite chance it will be open by then. Rumors are circulating about having a completed Everest by late 2005, with official opening in early 2006... so keep your fingers crossed!

CrashNet

Thanks for the pics! I like how it fits in so well in those river shots.

Not really about Everest, but you have to give Disney mad props for being able to recreate a jungle setting like that in the river shots. :)

Lee

Adventurer
dux783 said:

Maybe...
If NOTHING goes wrong between now and then, they are still looking at an April grand opening with previews and soft openings just a bit earlier.

EEhunter

STR8FAN2005 said:
Hmmmm...there are what appear to be wooden pilings in front of the mountain now. I wonder what is going on!

Some of the answers to your question are correct, the view of the helix will be restricted and the train will seem to disappear and then reappear as it heads into the mountain.

The wooden poles you see are there to restrain the pieces of 40'+ tall bamboo from falling into the ride path of a fast moving train. They will be connected by pieces of steel cable and themed to look like abandoned telegraph lines. Just another of Disney's many safety measures. This will also be seen in other outside portions of the track.

As far as the Yeti getting in the building, it is still in CA and will be installed in early fall. It will be brought into its cave inside the mountain in many pieces and put together piece by piece.

imagineersrock

Original Poster
Sounds like a rational answer, I'm not entirely sure about the telegraph lines... at their current height, it seems "telegraph lines" at that height, that close to the mountain would take away from any forced perspective... but we'll see.

Lee? Any verification?

s2jrston

EEhunter said:
Some of the answers to your question are correct, the view of the helix will be restricted and the train will seem to disappear and then reappear as it heads into the mountain.

The wooden poles you see are there to restrain the pieces of 40'+ tall bamboo from falling into the ride path of a fast moving train. They will be connected by pieces of steel cable and themed to look like abandoned telegraph lines. Just another of Disney's many safety measures. This will also be seen in other outside portions of the track.

As far as the Yeti getting in the building, it is still in CA and will be installed in early fall. It will be brought into its cave inside the mountain in many pieces and put together piece by piece.
Wow! That's pretty cool! The bamboo will obscure the helix?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
imagineersrock said:
Sounds like a rational answer, I'm not entirely sure about the telegraph lines... at their current height, it seems "telegraph lines" at that height, that close to the mountain would take away from any forced perspective... but we'll see.

Lee? Any verification?

I dont think we need to question EEHunters description. His info is fact. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom