35th anniversary gone uncelebrated?

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So was WDW's 35th anniversary swept under the rug because of Disneyland's 50th anniversary? I was wondering because I am going for the first time in Feb 2007 and I wanted to know if they were going to do any type of anniversary celebration a little late or not at all? Anyone have any ideas?

PaisleyMF

This is the Where Dreams come True, and they will be giving the Year of Million Dreams, so No, no 35 anniversary. (thats this year BTW)

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
There was no 30th celebration either....sure, 100 Years of Magic was centered at WDW, but I'd rather see a birthday celebration that actually celebrates WDW.

Cmdr_Crimson

If anything...probably another button with the characters celebrating the 35th year. I for one still hope more for the 25th of Epcot.

rbrower

There will probably be some signs up saying that they are celebrating the 35 or something like that. Dont quote me on that because i dont know, it was just a guess.

polynesiangirl

I could be wrong about this, but I am almost positive I bought a keychain a few trips back when it was the 30th Anniversary. They were not really "celebrating" it if I remember right, but the keychain was black and gold and kind of "classy" and subdued and did say something like "30 Years of Magic" or some other predictable slogan along those lines. :lol: So maybe they won't outright celebrate it, but they could have a few goodies?

kcnole

This is why I hate the new global marketing. Each park has its own personality and should be celebrated independently. I hate that Al and Jay have emasculated the individual park presidents so much.

darthjohnny

The 35th is coming after the 50th. It is going to be tied into the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration. Like said before, there are 36 pins coming out. There will probably be a few more pins and T-Shirts coming out.

Jerm

The 35th is Oct 1, 2006. So no it has not been swept under anything yet. It will be part of the kick off of the Year of a Million Dreams and I am sure something will happen. I know that on Oct 2 will be the day a family "gets" the Magic Kingdom to themselves.

J

DFD111

Celebration

When you really sit down and think about, the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration that is going to start on Oct 1st, 2006 is going to be celebrating both the Magic Kingdom's birthday (Oct 1st, 1971) = 35 years old, as well as birthday of EPCOT (Oct 1st, 1982) = 25 years old. So it makes sense to have a combined celebration for these, and since EPCOT & the Magic Kingdom were Walt's BIG DREAMS, it makes alot of sense to call this celebration "Year of a Million Dreams" cause everyone has dreams they would like to see come true in Disney fashion. :)

I could care less about seeing a 35th for MK. Id much rather see something for the 25th at EPCOT. When u think about it 35 is really nothing big at all. The anniversarys you see celebrated the most are 25 and 50. Has anybody ever had a party for their 35 anniversary. If so thats the first time ive ever heard of it.

mhead

I could be wrong about this, but I am almost positive I bought a keychain a few trips back when it was the 30th Anniversary. They were not really "celebrating" it if I remember right, but the keychain was black and gold and kind of "classy" and subdued and did say something like "30 Years of Magic" or some other predictable slogan along those lines. :lol: So maybe they won't outright celebrate it, but they could have a few goodies?

There was merchandise for the 30th. I have a spinner keychain and a t-shirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom