35th anniversary gone uncelebrated?

Jerm

When you really sit down and think about, the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration that is going to start on Oct 1st, 2006 is going to be celebrating both the Magic Kingdom's birthday (Oct 1st, 1971) = 35 years old, as well as birthday of EPCOT (Oct 1st, 1982) = 25 years old.

Oct 1, 2006- Oct 1, 1982=24 years. EPCOT's 25th will take place October 1, 2007 which will be at the END of Year of a Million Dreams, which I am betting will be the start of the 25 years of EPCOT Celebration.

J

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Every 5 years = an anniversary

I do know that Disneyland celebrates an anniversary every 5 years. The years between, if your there on July 17, you get a disneyland b-day button and a cupcake :). I think 35 years is DEFINATELY something to celebrate! What is the Year of a Million Dreams? Ive seen it refrenced on here a couple times, but Id like to know what it is. A combined celebration does make sense. Disney doesnt really follow an EXACT time line, but thats okay, cause its still fun!

PaisleyMF

...I think 35 years is DEFINATELY something to celebrate! What is the Year of a Million Dreams? Ive seen it refrenced on here a couple times, but Id like to know what it is...

The Year Of the Million Dreams is the Promotion Runing form October 1 2006 until September 30 2007. One of the main purposes is to give a Million Dreams around the World (all Disney Parks) One of the kick starts was the "new" parade Dreams Come True. Other things will include A night at Cinderella's Castle or a Night at Walt Disney suite at the Grand Californian (DL).

here is the link http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/index?CMP=ILC-WDWHomeNewExcite

LoriMistress

I don't see why they wouldn't celebrate 35th Anniversy since they celebrated DLR 35th. I figured Disney would want to milk every penny they possibly could from tourists like us. :animwink:

Since1976

I'm sure Disney doesn't want to give everyone Anniversary Celebration fatigue. The 35th will probably be celebrated in a more low key way -- shirts, pins, and the like; I doubt they'll have a big marketing campaign wrapped around it.

And it's just as well, because it'll make the other milestones -- 40th, 50th -- much more special.

Can't wait for *gulp* 2021!

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Good point Serinity

I'm sure Disney doesn't want to give everyone Anniversary Celebration fatigue. The 35th will probably be celebrated in a more low key way -- shirts, pins, and the like; I doubt they'll have a big marketing campaign wrapped around it.

And it's just as well, because it'll make the other milestones -- 40th, 50th -- much more special.

That is a very good point. I hope I get to slip in under the wire and see of that low key stuff. I am curious to see if the park looks dec'd out for the Million Dreams campaign. Someone commented earlier that the parks have lost their individual identites. I like that they are celebrating together. They are, after all one company and should have syncronization. And, we all know that if Disneyland wasnt born, then WDW wouldnt have been born either. Its only appropriate that ALL the parks celebrate a milestone, like a family would celebrate anothers birthday!:king: Okay, here is a cracker ___ to go with the cheese i just dribbled out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom