Trip Report .

General Grizz

Originally posted by xodisneybelleox
I was once told a way to tell apart Chip and Dale is that Chips nose nose looks like a black chocolate CHIP. Michael who works at the all star movies in "Donald's Double Feature" told me that :)

Yup. . . or just remember that the goofy dimwit's Dale. :D

MAGIC SQUIRRELS?!??!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goofy's a HORSE?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bring on the popcorn.

I still call TTA the peoplemover, because that's what my folks called it.
I've never stayed at POR, because to me it's still Dixie Landings.
Even though I am a big Disney fan I can't tell Chip and Dale apart.

arcsbite

when we went to DLP last week my nephew overheard my boyfriend mentioning that Pluto was looking spaced out and for the rest of the week yelling "look it's Space dog"

barnum42

Originally posted by disneydummy125
I still call TTA the peoplemover, because that's what my folks called it.
I've never stayed at POR, because to me it's still Dixie Landings.
Even though I am a big Disney fan I can't tell Chip and Dale apart.
I still call it peoplemover.
As for Chip and Dale - one has a black nose, the other a brown/red nose and a gap in his teeth. Which is which, I do not recall.

Pippa

I have a friend that is going to Orlando for her honeymoon and the only WDW park they are going to (she says) is MGM so they can ride the Terror of Towers! She isn't doing anymore of WDW because "Its Just For Kids".

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am postitve they will return having done lots of WDW!!!!

iluvstitch

This lady came in my work and claimed she was stayin IN the Magic Kingdom- not near it, or on-site but IN it. She also said the waterparks were connected to the MK, I told her they were separate but she didn't believe me.

Another bit of slang that drives me nuts is my mother always says the Lumiere's restaurant on DCL as "Lumineer's" and the Triton's restaurant as "Tridents". :lol: -Stephanie

sarajo

I'm guilty, too, of saying "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney World." I'll attribute that to my laziness :lol: because it's much easier for this lazy mom to say two syllables (Disney) instead of 4 syllables (Walt Disney World) Please forgive me for shortening the name- I really don't mean any harm!!! :lol: :D

I, too, have heard numerous references to MK being WDW; for those who have been doing WDW since the opening, it could just be a hard habit to break- like my family. We've been going since the beginning, and my parents still refer to MK as WDW- even though they've been to all the parks (except AK). I guess I need to work harder to make them change their ways! Anybody got any suggestions for "teaching old dogs new tricks?"!!! :lol: :lol:

I still have a hard time referring to Shades of Green by that name- it's always going to be the golf resort to me!

CamCodey

If people are confused about whether Goofy is a dog or a horse, just point out that Goofy's original name was...... do you remember??

Dippy Dawg

We, too, call TTA the PeopleMover.

BeachClubVillas

Come on people, don't tell me you can't tell Chip and Dale apart! If we can't keep it together, what does it say about the masses of regular people wandering around Main St. right this very minute??? We are the best of the best WDW fans and we must all know that Chip has a black nose and Dale has a red nose and a space between his teeth. Pay attention, I will quiz you later. :hammer: :lol: :lol:

OK, I'm just kidding.

But TTA to me is "the blue cars" and POFQ will always be the ONLY Port Orleans because POR is Dixie Landings. So there. :lol:

BeachClubVillas

Originally posted by CamCodey
If people are confused about whether Goofy is a dog or a horse, just point out that Goofy's original name was...... do you remember??

Dippy Dawg

\

That reminds me of one bus ride back to the Beach Club from Downtown Disney. The bus driver was WONDERFUL and he was leading a trivia game. He asked Goofy's original name, and when I said it, he was shocked. He said no one had ever answered it before and it was supposed to be his "trick" question. Then he gave me his giant stuffed Eeyore to hold the rest of the way back to the hotel. :D

MKCP 1985

Yeah, but are you telling me the old school Goofy didn't look confusingly similar to Horace Horsecollar?

Here's a picture of early Horace:

http://www.toonopedia.com/horace.htm

Notice he is tall, has long ears for a horse, the typical long black arms and legs and white glove hands that were the features of the day at that time.

Add to this the facts Horace the horse pre-dated Goofy, they were rarely seen together and the same gentleman, Pinto Colvig, provided the voice for both characters, and now you've got enough to start a discussion!

I mean, for a public that can't remember black nose v. red nose, it may not be so easy! :lol: :animwink:

phlydude

Originally posted by mkt
I call most tourists "tour-ons"

no wdwmagic ones tho.. lol

That must be a Central FL thing. I have an uncle who calls all the tourists tourons (tourist morons). But he has no right, he moved from Boston only a couple years ago so he is a "carpet-bagger" or a "dam*ed yankee" depending on your southern upbringing!

phlydude

Re: Re: WDW Tourist Slangs! FUNNY!

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
this one I heard constantly.

and many oldtimers and people from other lands apart from the US call the Magic Kingdom "disney world". Several bus drivers have had to explain that you are in dinsey world, and you have to take a bus to MK.

I am guilty of this because when I first went to Disney World, the Magic Kingdom was the only park built!!

phlydude

Last but not least, make sure you watch out for T.P.A.

Theme Park A$$ - 1.) the condition that occurs when a guest of the theme park neglected to wipe properly or bathe completely and because of the high heat and humidity, causes a foul odor to eminate from one's rear 2.) catching a wiff of one's methane excretion while standing in a queue line of an attraction

iggyboo

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
\

That reminds me of one bus ride back to the Beach Club from Downtown Disney. The bus driver was WONDERFUL and he was leading a trivia game. He asked Goofy's original name, and when I said it, he was shocked. He said no one had ever answered it before and it was supposed to be his "trick" question. Then he gave me his giant stuffed Eeyore to hold the rest of the way back to the hotel. :D

How long ago was that trip because about 2 years ago on the bus back from Pleasure Island I got to hold a bus drivers Big Stuffed Eeyore just wondering if it was the same driver.

Small world huh?

Iggyboo

wdwmom2+1

when we were just there i heard many people calling test track the crash test dummy ride we thought it was funny, we also heard some more but i cant think right now :confused:

JET12monorail

Reply to quote "last but not least....."

:zipit: Must we discuss this sort of thing? We all know that the smell is coming from the many groups of Japanese tourists who spent all of their money boarding a plane to the U.S. instead of on some t.p.:zipit:

Laura

Premium Member
I hate when people mess up DisneyWORLD with DisneyLAND. People will tell me about their trip to DisneyLAND and I'll say, "Oh I didn't know you went to California" and they'll say, no, Florida. :hammer:

I've always called it the People Mover too. In fact, I didn't even notice the name had changed to TTA until just recently, and then I was wondering if maybe I had been calling it the wrong thing for the last 20 years. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom