30 Fantasyland construction pics from June 10

rsoxguy

I know that much can and has been said about Disney's lackluster performance in the area of park improvements, but I think that this expansion will make FantasyLand a more charming and whimsical place. Thanks for the pictures.

njDizFan

Looks great, can't believe it's actually taking shape. Now when I start seeing 7DMC work being done, I will be really excited.

JIMINYCR

Thanks for the pictures. I'm going in July, I told my wife I was going to slip my camera to a construction worker along with $50 and try and get some really good behind the wall pics. :lol::ROFLOL::lol:

IWant2GoNow

Great pictures! Thanks so much, Steve!

Is just as much work going on inside the building as there is on the outside? Or are they waiting until the outside is finished to work on it? I'm not sure how these types of projects normally work in terms of order.

devoy1701

Great pictures! Thanks so much, Steve!

Is just as much work going on inside the building as there is on the outside? Or are they waiting until the outside is finished to work on it? I'm not sure how these types of projects normally work in terms of order.

Probably simultaneously working inside and out now that the building structures are finished. Most of the work that is going on outside (atleast at Mermaid and Be Our Guest all seem to be park of the cosmetic theming or the structurework to the theming...no reason why they can't be working inside now on HVAC, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, rooms, large mechanics now. With the exception of the Dumbo building anyway since they hadn't quite finished that structurally!

Skipper03

Thanks for the pictures. I'm going in July, I told my wife I was going to slip my camera to a construction worker along with $50 and try and get some really good behind the wall pics. :lol::ROFLOL::lol:

$50 is probably an even trade for someone risking their job! Haha
:ROFLOL:

I know anyone on here would risk their job for a sneak shot... :lookaroun

Patrick_Ears

I have to say this site does a great job on getting pics for us. Unless......... you have pics from behind the wall.......... :lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Honestly people, do you think the behind the wall pics would show us a lot more than you can see from the relatively short wall currently?

BriEcho3194

I notice on Image 19 there is some dirt moving around! could that be the starts of SDMT??? :lookaroun I hope so!

But anywho! Great pics! Love the Rockwork!

IWant2GoNow

Probably simultaneously working inside and out now that the building structures are finished. Most of the work that is going on outside (atleast at Mermaid and Be Our Guest all seem to be park of the cosmetic theming or the structurework to the theming...no reason why they can't be working inside now on HVAC, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, rooms, large mechanics now. With the exception of the Dumbo building anyway since they hadn't quite finished that structurally!

That's exactly what I was thinking/hoping. I may have bad timing judgement but as fast as all of this is progressing I can't help but think this will all be done much sooner than we all think. I know there's still landscaping to be done afterwards and I'm not including SDMT into this prediction, but I feel as though this will all pretty much be done by next summer or early fall. I know insiders say otherwise and I trust their knowledge on the projects, but I just have this optimistic feeling... :lookaroun

Scuttle

That's exactly what I was thinking/hoping. I may have bad timing judgement but as fast as all of this is progressing I can't help but think this will all be done much sooner than we all think. I know there's still landscaping to be done afterwards and I'm not including SDMT into this prediction, but I feel as though this will all pretty much be done by next summer or early fall. I know insiders say otherwise and I trust their knowledge on the projects, but I just have this optimistic feeling... :lookaroun

The rumor is that the FLE is 6 months ahead of schedule. We had an extremely dry winter here so I know they haven't been rained out of construction work. So lets hope this is true and the mine train will start construction soon. If they start construction on the mine train in the next few months I think everything will be up and running by October 2012.

IWant2GoNow

The rumor is that the FLE is 6 months ahead of schedule. We had an extremely dry winter here so I know they haven't been rained out of construction work. So lets hope this is true and the mine train will start construction soon. If they start construction on the mine train in the next few months I think everything will be up and running by October 2012.

I like that rumor! :sohappy:

However I'm not sure if they can even start the SDMT until at least the spring just for financial reasons. I believe it was Lee that said the reasoning it was spaced out until early 2014 was to allow revenue to come in for it for the fiscal periods.

Sorry if I misquoted you, Lee. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom