30 Days To Go - Anybody else going Feb 9-15, PORS??

DisneyDugger

Updated: 17 Days To Go - Anybody else going Feb 9-15, PORS??

Updated: Only 17 days to go!

The countdown is on for us Canadian rookies!!:slurp:
With 3 feet of snow here and -26 degrees Celcius temperatures (-15F), it's DISNEY or BUST!! I'm sure 30 days never have felt so long...

The anticipation is killing me but my family is totally out to lunch in the pre-Disney momentum build-up. Maybe I'm peaking too early!?!

My wife is a little frustrated at the moment with the Canadian Passport fiasco in which the PP Office has reject our photos 4 times!! Though Canadians don't technically need them, my wife just feels safer if we have them, especially for the kids. $350 for 5 passports and 4 separate trips to the photographer(s) and PP Office. Uggg! :brick:

At anyrate I'm keeping a positive outlook and have planned out a fairly open-ended itinerary (at the advise of many of you :wave: ). How could I put my Itinerary up here for veterans to review and provide feedback?? Is there a forum for Itinerary's??

I am trying to fit in an off-site day trip to Kennedy Space Centre/ Coco Beach but it is hard to pick a day with only 5 full days available to us. (In hind-sight I should have booked a 9 day stay instead of 7). I have tentatively picked Saturday (Valentines) given that the Parks will likely be very busy and we can hit MK for one last half-day on Sunday before we split for the airport at 4:30p.

Check-out question: Regular checkout is 11:00am. Can you ask for a late check out for around 3-4pm??

Is Blizzard Beach do-able in early February or is the weather typically too cool?? I haven't even considered it in the itinerary. It will have to be an inpromptu add-in to the schedule I guess.

Is anybody else going around Feb 9-15? PORS??

I hate (but really enjoy) reading the restuarant posts here because it keeps me in constant indecisiveness as to where to go and eat. I've revised our PS's three times already!!

cheers for now...

wild01ride

I'll waive out the window of the plane (well, almost).

I'll be leaving DTW (Detroit Metro Airport) at 7:20 on Feb.21. I've got a few more days to wait than you, but at least let Mickey know I'm coming, OK!

I agree with the anticipation. I don't think that I've quite peaked yet- Thank goodness! Usually by the night before/morning of departure, I am so excited that I feel sick to my stomach- makes for an interesting day waking up at 4:30a.m.

Have a great trip- when it comes down to it, ANYWHERE you end up eating will be great.

(And I hear ya with the Passports. We live in the US but will be bringing Passports, it always makes the checkpoints easier when you've got a federal document with you.)

Regarding the Blizzard Beach question: most of our trips have been in Feb. and the weather varies from trip to trip- sometimes you're wearing a light jacket and somtimes you're getting sunburned at the beach!

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

Original Poster
Eh Wildride,

Any snow in Motor City?!?
Where you staying? On-site/ off-site?

We are staying on-site as part of a promo "Canadian-at-par" Visa deal. And with the Canadian buck being so strong against the US dollar right now (best ever in 12 years) we should save about 50% from prices a year ago when we looked into it. Otherwise we probably would have stayed off-site.

Do you rent a car? If so from who? Find any deals?
We got $129/wk from Payless for a full size rental without any promo codes/coupons.

cheers...

Upvote 0

bdalton

JAN 24TH..3RD TRIP IN THE LAST YEAR.......FEELS LIKE THE FIRST IN A COUPLE OF YEARS....WE ALWAYS GET EXCITED 2 WEEKS BEFORE........THE NEXT 14 DAYS WILL BE HELL...LOL:hammer:

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

Original Poster
Originally posted by bdalton
JAN 24TH..3RD TRIP IN THE LAST YEAR.......FEELS LIKE THE FIRST IN A COUPLE OF YEARS....WE ALWAYS GET EXCITED 2 WEEKS BEFORE........THE NEXT 14 DAYS WILL BE HELL...LOL:hammer:

Third time?!? I think you're addicted! :p
Go and get your fix... have fun! :wave:

cheers

Upvote 0

bdalton

WE MAY TAKE A BREAK FROM WDW AFTER THIS TRIP AND TRY DL PARIS NEXT JUST FOR A CHANGE.......DID DL AND DC LAST YEAR,WASN'T ALL THAT, IT WAS COOL TO SEE WALTS REAL CREATION THOUGH

Upvote 0

mickey04

I'll be leaving from Boston's own Logan Airport on Monday, February 16 through the following Monday (the 23rd), so I'll just miss you as well. We'll be at the Polynesian.

37 Days and Counting.... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lens300

Another canuck from Niagara here. We will be there Feb 6 - 15 staying at Old Key West. We will be at the parks for 2 day then 4 days on the disney cruise and then 3 more days at the park. After this week I am really looking forward to it. Gotta get away from this weather.

Lens300

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by mepoor
How could I put my Itinerary up here for veterans to review and provide feedback?? Is there a forum for Itinerary's??

POST IT RIGHT HERE...PLENTY OF FOLKS WILL TELL YOU WHAT THEY THINK OF IT! :lookaroun :lol:

Check-out question: Regular checkout is 11:00am. Can you ask for a late check out for around 3-4pm??

PACK UP AND CHECK OUT EARLY...YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR BAGS WITH THE BELL DESK UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO LEAVE.

Is Blizzard Beach do-able in early February or is the weather typically too cool??

TOO COLD IN MY OPINION!! You can always do the water parks on your next trip when you have more time! All the resorts have pools if you really need to "take the plunge"! :lol:

HAVE FUN!!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

Original Poster
Originally posted by lens300
Another canuck from Niagara here. We will be there Feb 6 - 15 staying at Old Key West. We will be at the parks for 2 day then 4 days on the disney cruise and then 3 more days at the park. After this week I am really looking forward to it. Gotta get away from this weather.

Lens300

Hey! Another cold blooded mammal from the Great White North!!
Your trip sounds interesting with the cruise plunked in the middle. We should look into that package next time. I imagine it is quite a bit more $$. Let is know if is it worth it (which I'm sure it is!). I'm not sure if my land loving wife would go for a cruise!!

Where is Old Key West? Is that on-site?

have fun

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

Original Poster
Only 20 days now! Those last ten weren't so bad...

Any tips on how much to give for Mousekeeping tipping??

Any deals out there for rental cars?

Cheers...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

Original Poster
so far I found $122/wk plus taxes for a full-sized car at Dollar and Payless without any codes or coupons. The prices go up and down daily so keep an eye on them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom