3 Things I Miss Most About Disney "Past"

DisneyNutt6777

Penny Arcade :cry: I always loved it there. Great games, especially the ones from long ago. The Magic Shoppe. The coolest stuff there. Like the leash with the invisible dog on the end:D If You Had Wings. Liked the song and the ride very much.

rkelly42

1. Horizons
2. Oringinal JII
3. River Country
Sometimes there are just too many to list... I could list at least 10 more.

Bigart

1. The Skyway. Nothing like a bird's eye view.
2. If You Had Wings. Classic 70's. Just miss it. Nostalgia.
3. 20,000 Leagues. I know why it's gone. But it was really really cool.

Basically I miss most of the 70's-80's Magic Kingdom removals. The MK had a flavor that is much different from now. Times change. I also strangely kind of miss the large trees that were at the hub. Yes they partially blocked the castle from Town Square, but they gave a shady appeal to the area. I also miss River Country, Discovery Island, Symbiosis,..all the old stuff.

Ham

Think I have to agree with the majority here, my top three in no particular order would be Horizons, World of Motion but probably a previous version of SSE as my third choice (torn between the Walter Cronkite or Jeremy Irons versions). If I could choose four it would be JII v1

I really did try to think of something that I miss as much from any of the other parks (or resort as a whole) and nothing else had the same feeling of being missed

rangerbob

Since the title really didn't say attractions that they missed I'm going a different route.

I really miss that they used to care about the guest. Now it is give me your money...

Jimmy Thick

I miss nothing about Disney's past personally. If any long gone attraction was worth keeping, it would still be on property.

Jimmy Thick-Leave the past in the past....

mergatroid

If You Had Wings

The interactive tour in the studios were you saw how the movies were made, used to include a huge bee and a blue screen effect.

Horizons

1. Original Journey into Imagination--Figment AND Dreamfinder, the perfect team.

2. Skyway--nothing beat the views over Fantasyland and Tomorrowland

3. Hunchback of Notre Dame Musical--made me appreciate the movie much more.

HouCuseChickie

1. Rather than list them out (i.e. World of Motion, Horizons, original Imagination- as well as things like the beloved rainbow tunnel, the Listen to the Land Song, Seabase Alpha, etc.)- I'm just going to say everything that made Epcot special on my first few visits to WDW in the 80s.

2. I LOVED - for some reason - Delta Dreamflight.

3. Torn between the MK Skyway, Mission to Mars (my very first ride inside MK EVER!!!) and 20k leagues, but I think the submarine voyage wins it for me. Sure, it was a cheesy ride, but there was just something special about it (and not the water always leaking into the Nautilus and dripping down my back:lol:).

Kristamouse

I did not take my 1st trip to WDW until 2002 so I missed all of these things as well...I have a few questions about old EPCOT and the Parade and Double Decker busses. Were there as many buildings on the perimeter of the lake as there are now? I am just having a hard time seeing how a parade or busses would fit in the walkway areas and still have some wiggle room for actually viewing the parade.

yankspy

I did not take my 1st trip to WDW until 2002 so I missed all of these things as well...I have a few questions about old EPCOT and the Parade and Double Decker busses. Were there as many buildings on the perimeter of the lake as there are now? I am just having a hard time seeing how a parade or busses would fit in the walkway areas and still have some wiggle room for actually viewing the parade.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/3523/medium/old3.jpg.

It looks like a lot of the little kiosks are missing. That is from 1982.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Since the title really didn't say attractions that they missed I'm going a different route.

I really miss that they used to care about the guest. Now it is give me your money...

Thats why I have been eyeing Disneyland. Not only do they care about the guests but they arant as kept as they used to be. Now that Roy and Walt are gone the coast is clear. They can make all their rutheless stunts. Theres no doubt Walt Disneys rolling around in his ice chamber right now.

Prince-1

Watching my kids "bake" their own cookies in the Nestle area in The Land at EPCOT. Just watching their faces when the cookies magically came from the oven was amazing.

Flight Safety

Wow, there are more than 3 for me but the top 3 are:

1) JII V1

2) Adventurers Club, Beach Club, ah the heck with it, ALL of PI.

3) XSTech :cool: (Lets see how many people can get the ride right)

I suppose most of all I feel like there are a lot of little things that were the thread that binded all the magic together that have been slowly disappearing. :(

KeithVH

Decent decorations for Christmas. Yes, they still put up some things, but the decorating efforts nowadays are nowhere near what they were even just 15 years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom