3 More Days...Nothing packed!

Mrs. Jobson

3 more days!!! My husband is working out of town and I am left to the task of getting us packed with a 1 year old. I can't sleep I am so excited! I guess I will be up late washing clothes and packing. Does anyone have a packing check list?

maryszhi

yay! i always get anxious when a trip is right around the corner. I hope yall have a magical time! make sure to do a trip report. btw that baby in your picture is adorable dressed like mickey!

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
yay! i always get anxious when a trip is right around the corner. I hope yall have a magical time! make sure to do a trip report. btw that baby in your picture is adorable dressed like mickey!
Thank you! He's a lot bigger now. We watched Lady and the Tramp today. We are definitely ready for our trip! There will definitely be a trip report.

Upvote 0

SDisney90

I'm going to the lovely World in January, it'll be my third trip but my first with my girlfriend. We're so excited and she is definitely making a packing check list! Especially since we are traveling along. Hopefully you write out a trip report, enjoy:)

Upvote 0

Spikerdink

For the packing list, I always have a mental checklist (but then I don't need to pack for a 1 year old)....

The baby is prob the hardest as you need to think about how many times you will need to change clothes/sleepwear...(There is laundry available at every resort, which may come in handy!)

As for hubby and yourself....my rule is make sure I have a set of underwear for every day +1. I have two bathing suits in case I want to go to the pool frequently (I despise putting on a wet/damp suit), and then lay out clothes for each day. 1 sweathshirt. Jeans if I think the nights will be too cool. Never have more clothes than days - you simply won't use them! I lay out everything on a bed/couch and then make sure when it is packed.

Other than that - sunblock! Lots of it for you and the baby! A backpack/bag that you can carry your supplies for baby comfortably in the parks and on transportation.

Look at the toiletries - make sure your toothbrush/toothpaste/floss is ready. Hair products. Deoderant. (I keep a set ready at all times for Disney! You never know when someone will call and tell me to meet them in the airport!) Do you have any medications? Put a post it note/card on your suitcase to make sure they get packed.

A camera - plus enough batteries to make sure you capture every moment. A video camera too!

Rather than travelling with a crate of diapers, I would arrange to have a delivery to your room from WeGoShop.com or another grocer. Same goes for foods, etc. (I swear by WeGoShop - never had a moment's problem with anything that I ordered....)

Finally, keep a file or envelope with all of your travel documents so they are all in one easy to find place.

Last, but most important are the things NOT to pack. Leave behind your worries, concerns and anxieties. Put them in the closet and get to them when you return from the magic. Enjoy the trip!

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
For the packing list, I always have a mental checklist (but then I don't need to pack for a 1 year old)....

The baby is prob the hardest as you need to think about how many times you will need to change clothes/sleepwear...(There is laundry available at every resort, which may come in handy!)

As for hubby and yourself....my rule is make sure I have a set of underwear for every day +1. I have two bathing suits in case I want to go to the pool frequently (I despise putting on a wet/damp suit), and then lay out clothes for each day. 1 sweathshirt. Jeans if I think the nights will be too cool. Never have more clothes than days - you simply won't use them! I lay out everything on a bed/couch and then make sure when it is packed.

Other than that - sunblock! Lots of it for you and the baby! A backpack/bag that you can carry your supplies for baby comfortably in the parks and on transportation.

Look at the toiletries - make sure your toothbrush/toothpaste/floss is ready. Hair products. Deoderant. (I keep a set ready at all times for Disney! You never know when someone will call and tell me to meet them in the airport!) Do you have any medications? Put a post it note/card on your suitcase to make sure they get packed.

A camera - plus enough batteries to make sure you capture every moment. A video camera too!

Rather than travelling with a crate of diapers, I would arrange to have a delivery to your room from WeGoShop.com or another grocer. Same goes for foods, etc. (I swear by WeGoShop - never had a moment's problem with anything that I ordered....)

Finally, keep a file or envelope with all of your travel documents so they are all in one easy to find place.

Last, but most important are the things NOT to pack. Leave behind your worries, concerns and anxieties. Put them in the closet and get to them when you return from the magic. Enjoy the trip!
Thank you for all your insight! You gave me some great ideas. I don't think we will have to worry about groceries and such. We're renting a car. We used to live in Orlando so there was no way we were gonna be there without a car. Lol. Thanks for your response! I will def take your advice.

Upvote 0

SMS55

As for hubby and yourself....my rule is make sure I have a set of underwear for every day +1.

That's my second golden rule for me I think. Always pack an extra one of those. Number one is comfortable sneakers. You will do lots of walking. Then it depends on when we go. If it's summer, it's shorts and t-shirts. In the winter it's usually jeans, t-shirts unless the weather forecast from the weather channel says it's unusally warm. I take an outfit per day. I want to travel light.
We've taken our 18 month old twice already. We took a few packs of diapers with us and plenty of wipes. We take a few extra outfits but we make sure we have plenty of bibs to minimize the amount of stuff we are traveling around the parks with. Since you have a 1 year old hopefully s/he's off the formula and drinking regular milk. It will let you travel a little lighter. You can buy milk for him/her there.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
That's my second golden rule for me I think. Always pack an extra one of those. Number one is comfortable sneakers. You will do lots of walking. Then it depends on when we go. If it's summer, it's shorts and t-shirts. In the winter it's usually jeans, t-shirts unless the weather forecast from the weather channel says it's unusally warm. I take an outfit per day. I want to travel light.
We've taken our 18 month old twice already. We took a few packs of diapers with us and plenty of wipes. We take a few extra outfits but we make sure we have plenty of bibs to minimize the amount of stuff we are traveling around the parks with. Since you have a 1 year old hopefully s/he's off the formula and drinking regular milk. It will let you travel a little lighter. You can buy milk for him/her there.

Thanks Spikerdink! Yeah, he has been off formula for a while now. I am slowly getting ourselves together. Right now I am worried about the weather. It looks like rain everyday!

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I use the packing list from mousesavers.com. I customize it to meet my needs and it has never let me down. I have never left anything at home.

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...s/time-is-money-at-walt-disney-world/#packing

Love that packing list...probably saved me a few times too. :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

luv

Clothes, bathing suits, extra pair of shoes, toiletries, sun screen, electronics and chargers, scissors, the UG, a lanyard, a ball cap, gum, Advil, Pepto and Benadryl. And a magazine for the plane.

That is my packing list. I don't pack anything I know won't be necessary except the UG. the one time i didnt bring the UG, i ended up needing it. i found that i looked something up every trip. If something comes up, I can buy it there.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
Clothes, bathing suits, extra pair of shoes, toiletries, sun screen, electronics and chargers, scissors, the UG, a lanyard, a ball cap, gum, Advil, Pepto and Benadryl. And a magazine for the plane.

That is my packing list. I don't pack anything I know won't be necessary except the UG. the one time i didnt bring the UG, i ended up needing it. i found that i looked something up every trip. If something comes up, I can buy it there.

Thanks luv! What is a UG?

Upvote 0

LizC

Wow, just saw the title of this thread and had to comment! I am in almost the exact same situation. I am leaving in three days with TWO one year olds, and while my husband is not away he is working every day up until the minute we leave. Oh yea, and I have packed NOTHING! I am sitting at work now on my lunch break freaking out actually. To add to the stress we are driving down to Fl (we live in NY, I know what was I thinking!) and I am waiting for the rental car that was to be ready at 8am (it is now 2pm) to be delivered to my office.

Ok, so I have ZERO advice just wanted to share that you aren't alone. Good luck, and enjoy Disney with your little one!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
3 more days!!! My husband is working out of town and I am left to the task of getting us packed with a 1 year old. I can't sleep I am so excited! I guess I will be up late washing clothes and packing. Does anyone have a packing check list?
Oh yes, several! Send me your email and I will forward it on. :)

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

Original Poster
Wow, just saw the title of this thread and had to comment! I am in almost the exact same situation. I am leaving in three days with TWO one year olds, and while my husband is not away he is working every day up until the minute we leave. Oh yea, and I have packed NOTHING! I am sitting at work now on my lunch break freaking out actually. To add to the stress we are driving down to Fl (we live in NY, I know what was I thinking!) and I am waiting for the rental car that was to be ready at 8am (it is now 2pm) to be delivered to my office.

Ok, so I have ZERO advice just wanted to share that you aren't alone. Good luck, and enjoy Disney with your little one!

Oh Liz, I wish you lived next door. We could help each other out! lol Wow, I thought I had it bad with my one. You have TWO? Oh honey you are driving too? Bless your heart. Are you taking the little ones to MNSSHP? We are going Thursday. Wow, I just said we are going Thursday!!!

Thank you for the encouragement and well wishes. Good luck to you as well. Wish we could meet up but I know how busy we ALL will be. Hope you all have a great time! Try to relax and know that everything will work out.

Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

LizC

Oh Liz, I wish you lived next door. We could help each other out! lol Wow, I thought I had it bad with my one. You have TWO? Oh honey you are driving too? Bless your heart. Are you taking the little ones to MNSSHP? We are going Thursday. Wow, I just said we are going Thursday!!!

Thank you for the encouragement and well wishes. Good luck to you as well. Wish we could meet up but I know how busy we ALL will be. Hope you all have a great time! Try to relax and know that everything will work out.

Have a great time!!!
Oh yes, I would love to pop over so we could help each other out. lol

We aren't going to MNSSHP this time, the kids are only14 mo. and I don't think they would appreciate it yet. Plus we have a large group of adult family meeting us there who would rather spend time (and Money ;)) at the Food & Wine Festival.

I will try to relax, thank you. I did finally get the rental car so now I can start loading it that will make me feel better. And tomorrow is my last day of work before we leave. Can't believe we are leaving on Thursday and will be in Disney on Monday! I am so excited to show my kids Disney World!

Well, have a great trip. We will have to chat when our trips are done to see how we both fared.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom