Trip Report 3 Kids, 3 Birthdays, 3 Resorts what could go wrong?!?!

I have been checking the vacation countdown daily and it feels like the right time to start this pre-trip report.

The who? We are missing a few faces this trip. It will be these three kiddos Nene (10), Bear (10) and Handsome (8).
IMG_4188.jpeg

And me!
IMG_0685.jpeg

We are going to be missing Jet and Hubby this trip but they will be living their best soccer loving lives. They will be watching soccer and visiting training camps in England. I'm not sure who will be having more fun.

What? In typical Spring break fashion we will be celebrating my birthday as well as Nene and Bears.

Where? This gets complicated😃. The trip started as three days at AKL in a Savannah view studio we bought through David's Vacation Club. Once Hubby and Jet booked their flights we decided to mirror their trip so we added days on the front and end. On the front 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in the Royal Rooms. On the end 3 nights at Pop Century standard pool view room.

When? March 21-March 30

Why? When I started talking about taking a trip with my three kiddos there was really only one place we all agreed on, WDW. We agreed to stay at new resorts, eat at new restaurants and to take it slow. The taking it slow is going to be hard for me but I'm up for the challenge.

29 Days!

amjt660

Premium Member
Now this is going to sound crazy and I'm sure it is. I feel like the ride was warming up. It didn't seem as fast as we had remembered.
Ok just a little physics

The height of the coaster has not changed and the force comes from gravity on Everest- no launch - so that doesn’t change - less passengers will lower the weight of the train and could cause it to be slower
But no it comes from friction in the wheels
The wheels of the train have bearings filled with grease- when they are cold the grease is more viscous and hence more resistance on the wheel
Give it a few trips around the track and the bearings heat up, viscosity of the grease drops and the wheels rotate easier - and the coaster is faster

The Big Bang Theory Cheer GIF by CBS

Max

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Ahhhh, sunrise at Animal Kingdom! What a great way to start the day! Handsome sure looks like you when you in the photos where you are next to each other!

I was totally thinking that exact same thing!!
I love that you noticed this. Since Handsome and his dad both have darker hair people always say "he looks so much like his Daddy". In my head I'm always thinking "No way! He's my boy mini me!"

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Ok just a little physics

The height of the coaster has not changed and the force comes from gravity on Everest- no launch - so that doesn’t change - less passengers will lower the weight of the train and could cause it to be slower
But no it comes from friction in the wheels
The wheels of the train have bearings filled with grease- when they are cold the grease is more viscous and hence more resistance on the wheel
Give it a few trips around the track and the bearings heat up, viscosity of the grease drops and the wheels rotate easier - and the coaster is faster

The Big Bang Theory Cheer GIF by CBS

Max
That actually makes sense! Team physics all the way! Although I was always a biology lover in school.
Dancing With The Stars GIF

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We still had a lot of time before our safari so we decided to grab some coffees.
IMG_4955.jpeg

Ignore my chipping cheese nails. I'll never paint my nails yellow again. I sent this picture to Paca and Nancy. And told them these signs describe my children well. Jet would be described as "telephone" since as a teen that is all she wants to do.
IMG_4954.jpeg

We spent longer than I could have ever imagined watching this monkey family. The baby was just too cute!
IMG_4956.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We took a leisurely stroll to the Safari and we were able to check in 5 minutes early. I booked a LL for Navi River Journey after we tapped in.
IMG_4958.jpeg

This was one of our favorite Safari's we have had. The mornings always seem to be best especially a cool one like today.
IMG_4963.jpeg
IMG_4969.jpeg

The baby elephant was adorable. Her little floppy trunk running around. I could have watched her all day
IMG_4977.jpeg
IMG_4981.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I had been on Disney property for more than 24 hours and had not had a Dole Whip. We decided 9:45 in the morning was the perfect time for a Dole Whip.
IMG_4984.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg

We called Hubby and Jet's team had just played West Hamm's Academy team and won 4-1. My Ted Lasso loving self really appreciated that win. My girl her first time playing on an international field.
IMG_2348.jpeg

We had some time until our next LL so we played some games in Dinoland then caught the next Nemo show.
IMG_4988.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 24

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We made our way to Pandora and we had some hangry kiddos. It was 11:45 and we had a 1:30 lunch reservation at Sanaa. We decided to get some drinks to tide us over.
IMG_4992.jpeg

Nene and Bear love boba so the Night Blossom hit the spot. At least is stopped the whining.
coffee sugar GIF

We made our way over to Navi River journey and endured our brain freezes as we slurped down our slushees.
IMG_4993.jpeg
IMG_4995.jpeg

We had to show off the nails under black light.
IMG_4996.jpeg

IMG_4998.jpeg

Timing worked out really well and it was time for our ILL for FOP.
IMG_5001.jpeg

I just love this ride. It's in my top 5 for sure at WDW.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I was looking through my phone and realized I took zero pictures at Sanaa. We were absolutely ravenous by the time we sat down. I have no memory of what the kids ordered but I had the burger and it was delicious. I do know my kids were disappointed in the dirt pudding. They changed it to banana and my kiddos were not fans. We got a room ready text at lunch and I was thrilled. I wanted to get settled into our room.
IMG_5014.jpeg

I cannot remember our room number but we were on the same floor as the "rope bridge" and we loved crossing it to our room every day. I booked a Savanna view room through David's and it was so darn easy I plan to do it again in the future. Room pics and view.
IMG_5004.jpeg
IMG_5005.jpeg
IMG_5010.jpeg
IMG_5009.jpeg

Unfortunately no animals just yet. We relaxed swam at the pool and then got cleaned up to head back to the park.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Back to animal Kingdom we go.
IMG_5015.jpeg

Handsome asked "Why do we have to ride a bus? Aren't we staying at Animal Kingdom?" I explained no we are staying at Animal Kingdom lodge. He would say "Yes I understand it's a lodge at Animal Kingdom. That doesn't explain why we can't walk" This went back and forth until I finally pulled up a map on my phone so he could understand.

I had booked a LL for Everest at some point during the day so that was our destination.
IMG_5018.jpeg
IMG_6077.jpeg

Since AK closes early we didn't have a ton of time. We decided to jump in line for FOP however first a drink and a snack. That margarita was pretty tasty.
IMG_5021.jpeg

We tried calling Jet and Hubby while in line but it was hard to hear. They had a great rest of their day. That had seen the Crown Jewels and ended the night going to watch Wicked. Jet said Wicked was her favorite non soccer related item of their trip.
IMG_2363.jpeg
IMG_2362.jpeg
IMG_2373.jpeg

Our wait only ended up being about 60 minutes which I didn't think was terrible for a Saturday during Spring break.
IMG_5025.jpeg

Handsome really wanted to use his money to buy a banshee. I tried to talk him out of it all day. I should have known once he has his mind set there is no changing it.
IMG_5027.jpeg

It has been in its box since we got home😒.
It was closing time so we made our way back to the bus and were excited to get a Toy Story themed bus.
IMG_5029.jpeg

We Mobile ordered flatbreads from the Mara and made it an early evening. We were all exhausted!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Sunday March 24 - My birthday -DAK

We weren't rushing to rope drop this morning. We "slept in" until 7:00, had to book those LLs. We spent some time animal watching on the balcony and got ready. I had visions of sipping coffee while staring at Giraffes on the Savanah. In reality I was too lazy to make coffee or walk to the beverage station so staring at them was all we did. Once we were ready we didn't have far to go we were eating breakfast at Boma.

Kiddos got started with POG juice. Nene is a huge fan. She drank Handsome's and Bear's as well. Me on the other hand had heard about the Striped and Spiked cold brew on a podcast so I couldn't wait to try it.
IMG_5045.jpeg
IMG_5049.jpeg

As you can tell by my plate I had all the Mickey Waffles. We didn't get too adventurous with our cuisine but we enjoyed all the traditional Disney breakfast buffet foods. My kiddos made sure everyone knew it was my birthday so we received a plate of mini cupcakes we were all too full to eat.
IMG_5048.jpeg

Zipadeelady

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom