Trip Report 3 Kids, 3 Birthdays, 3 Resorts what could go wrong?!?!

I have been checking the vacation countdown daily and it feels like the right time to start this pre-trip report.

The who? We are missing a few faces this trip. It will be these three kiddos Nene (10), Bear (10) and Handsome (8).
IMG_4188.jpeg

And me!
IMG_0685.jpeg

We are going to be missing Jet and Hubby this trip but they will be living their best soccer loving lives. They will be watching soccer and visiting training camps in England. I'm not sure who will be having more fun.

What? In typical Spring break fashion we will be celebrating my birthday as well as Nene and Bears.

Where? This gets complicated😃. The trip started as three days at AKL in a Savannah view studio we bought through David's Vacation Club. Once Hubby and Jet booked their flights we decided to mirror their trip so we added days on the front and end. On the front 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in the Royal Rooms. On the end 3 nights at Pop Century standard pool view room.

When? March 21-March 30

Why? When I started talking about taking a trip with my three kiddos there was really only one place we all agreed on, WDW. We agreed to stay at new resorts, eat at new restaurants and to take it slow. The taking it slow is going to be hard for me but I'm up for the challenge.

29 Days!

fractal

Ok just a little physics

The height of the coaster has not changed and the force comes from gravity on Everest- no launch - so that doesn’t change - less passengers will lower the weight of the train and could cause it to be slower
But no it comes from friction in the wheels
The wheels of the train have bearings filled with grease- when they are cold the grease is more viscous and hence more resistance on the wheel
Give it a few trips around the track and the bearings heat up, viscosity of the grease drops and the wheels rotate easier - and the coaster is faster

The Big Bang Theory Cheer GIF by CBS

Max
Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I had booked an ILL for FOP so back to Pandora we went.
IMG_5057.jpeg
IMG_5058.jpeg

We were all hungry but couldn't agree on a lunch destination so more slushees and pretzels. I think I had more pretzels this trip than all prior trips combined. These three survive on carbs and sugar.
IMG_5059.jpeg

Recreating the grumpy picture from our first AK visit.
IMG_5060.jpeg

Pandora checked off the list it was time for the kids to check off one of my birthday requests Rafiki's Planet Watch. We had fun playing with other kids and making friends while waiting on the train.
IMG_5062.jpeg
IMG_5064.jpeg

Does anyone know if there is a schedule anywhere when there is something to watch at Planet Watch? Everyone we go back here it's like it's all closed up.
IMG_5065.jpeg

We went to the petting area but called it pretty early since there wasn't much to do/see.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Birthday Dole Whip was next however it came with a side of a soaked butt. The chair I sat in was absolutely drenched however you couldn't tell until you sat down.
IMG_5066.jpeg

It was getting close to the FOTLK so I grabbed this delicious margarita. It may just be my favorite margarita on property. It has the tangerine African liqueur and it is delicious!
IMG_5067.jpeg

We have only watched the Lion King during COVID times when there were no tumble monkeys. Those tumble monkeys are amazing. We loved it!
IMG_5069.jpeg
IMG_5074.jpeg
IMG_5077.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Bear had seen someone with some delicious looking fries the day before at AK. She really wanted to get some however I knew the stand was on the way to Everest and we had a LL for the safari that expired in 5 minutes. Bear was furious. She was hangry. The sugar and carbs had worn off. I begged and pleaded and finally she relented. To the Safari we went and all the pictures are compliments of Handsome.
IMG_5081.jpeg
IMG_5100.jpeg
IMG_5113.jpeg
IMG_5132.jpeg

Even the goats butt.
IMG_5136.jpeg

Safari completed it was time to get those fries but wait we had another LL . Bear put her foot down she would ride nothing else unless she had fries. No problem for me I didn't was to get wet anyways. Problem is we had two kiddos who did. We compromised. We walked Nene and Handsome to the line and told them we would meet them at the exit. There was one at to cheer up a grumpy Bear. Soaking her siblings!
IMG_5146.jpeg
IMG_5149.jpeg

After this we secured the fries (not pictured since Bear gobbled them up) and a shaved ice and all was well in the world again.
IMG_5138.jpeg

When asked how were the fries Bears response was "Ok"
Are You Kidding Me Season 4 GIF by The Office

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Since we were near Everest we had to go for a ride.
IMG_5139.jpeg

You can take a Buckeye out of Ohio but we take O-H-I-O with us everywhere.

IMG_6064.jpeg

We messed it all up and had to flip the picture. After the fry fiasco and the Everest line I needed a drink. I was hoping this would hit the spot but I wasn't a big fan.
IMG_5143.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We mobile ordered Satuli Canteen. I had the shrimp here which I enjoyed. I'm not a dark meat fan so I steered clear of the chicken.
IMG_5155.jpeg

We milled around in Pandora playing drums and taking pictures.
IMG_5159.jpeg

We debated waiting standby for FOP or Navi but we were all ready to head out. We decided to grab one more treat on the way out. I ordered 2 Mickey Bars and 2 Mickey Sandwiches, I scanned my magic band to pay. I don't always take the offered receipt but this time I did. Thank goodness I did. The gentleman at the stand charged my $84. I immediately turned around and said excuse me. I'm sorry but it seems I was over charged. I promise I was very nice and he said " Well how many Mickey Bars did you get?" Mind you he just rang us up. I pointed to my kids and mine and said "4". He looked incredulous and asked "well what else did you get?" At this point I was a little dumbfounded and stood there awkwardly. A very nice lady behind me said "Sir you just gave her 2 Mickey Sanwiches and 2 Mickey Bars." He got very huffy and radioed to his manager at Tiffins that he needed a refund. We waited 35 minutes before the manager came for the refund. Something very simple turned into a big deal. The Mickey Bars/Sandwiches were delicious though.
IMG_5158.jpeg

We then went back to AK to swim.
IMG_5176.jpeg

I called my European Travelers who had a stadium tour and went shopping at Harrods. They were leaving London the next day for their next location.
IMG_2423.jpeg
IMG_2436.jpeg
IMG_2452.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5165.jpeg
    IMG_5165.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2404.jpeg
    IMG_2404.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 28

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Luckily there was someone behind you in line to stick up for you about the number of Mickey bars and sandwiches you ordered! I don’t usually take a receipt either for items like that because I am used to having my Garmin watch on my hand and it receives my phone notifications - so I’ll have to make sure to ask for a receipt if I take off my watch because of the Magic Band.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Luckily there was someone behind you in line to stick up for you about the number of Mickey bars and sandwiches you ordered! I don’t usually take a receipt either for items like that because I am used to having my Garmin watch on my hand and it receives my phone notifications - so I’ll have to make sure to ask for a receipt if I take off my watch because of the Magic Band.
Definitely pay attention. I'm pretty oblivious most times so it's always good to double check. The woman behind me was so sweet. She could tell I was perplexed on how to explain I only had 4 items.

rshell68

he gentleman at the stand charged my $84. I immediately turned around and said excuse me. I'm sorry but it seems I was over charged. I promise I was very nice and he said " Well how many Mickey Bars did you get?" Mind you he just rang us up.
I can't believe he even questioned it. He just waited on you...how would you not remember handing $84 worth of ice cream out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom