Trip Report 3 Kids, 3 Birthdays, 3 Resorts what could go wrong?!?!

I have been checking the vacation countdown daily and it feels like the right time to start this pre-trip report.

The who? We are missing a few faces this trip. It will be these three kiddos Nene (10), Bear (10) and Handsome (8).
IMG_4188.jpeg

And me!
IMG_0685.jpeg

We are going to be missing Jet and Hubby this trip but they will be living their best soccer loving lives. They will be watching soccer and visiting training camps in England. I'm not sure who will be having more fun.

What? In typical Spring break fashion we will be celebrating my birthday as well as Nene and Bears.

Where? This gets complicated😃. The trip started as three days at AKL in a Savannah view studio we bought through David's Vacation Club. Once Hubby and Jet booked their flights we decided to mirror their trip so we added days on the front and end. On the front 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside in the Royal Rooms. On the end 3 nights at Pop Century standard pool view room.

When? March 21-March 30

Why? When I started talking about taking a trip with my three kiddos there was really only one place we all agreed on, WDW. We agreed to stay at new resorts, eat at new restaurants and to take it slow. The taking it slow is going to be hard for me but I'm up for the challenge.

29 Days!

meggo819

I have enjoyed D-Luxe Burger and The Daily Poutine recently, but I’m super excited to try Eet next time I’m there!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
March 22 cont

We have a dinner ADR for Boatwrights and I booked a carriage ride around the resorts. My original plan was to get an ADR for Hoop De Doo and see the horses at Fort Wilderness. My kiddos preferred sticking around POR since this was our first stay. After reading all of @riverside 's reports we couldn't stay at POR without seeing Yeehaw Bob so that will round out our day.

Tired Fox Tv GIF by Kicking & Screaming

March 23
We move resorts to Animal Kingdom Lodge and that will be our first park day at Animal Kingdom. We have a lunch reservation at Sanaa at 1:00pm. Hoping for a window seat since there are 4 of us. Usually we are seated in the middle since our party is so large.

March 24 - my birthday😃
Another Animal Kingdom day. I wanted to spend my birthday in Epcot but the extended evening hours on Mondays convinced me to change plans. We have a 11:00am ADR at Boma, another first for us.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
March 25

This is the day Bear, Nene & Handsome are most excited for. We have a whole day at Epcot and the have dubbed this SNACK DAY. No meals just snacks all day. I'll definitely need some Dramamine Soarin, Ratatouille, Guardians and all sugar!

March 26
Our final resort move to Pop Century and our first day at Magic Kingdom. Dinner ADR at O'Hanna which is another first.

March 27
Hollywood Studios. We have a Fantasmic dining package for lunch at Mama Melrose and a reservation for Oga's at 1:30pm. Mama's is Handsome's favorite so not new to us however he has never seen Fantasmic. The rest of us have only seen the Disneyland version so newish.

riverside

We have a dinner ADR for Boatwrights and I booked a carriage ride around the resorts. My original plan was to get an ADR for Hoop De Doo and see the horses at Fort Wilderness. My kiddos preferred sticking around POR since this was our first stay. After reading all of @riverside 's reports we could stay at POR with seeing Yeehaw Bob so that will round out our day.
Wise decision!!👍

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
March 28 - Bear & Nene's 11th birthday
Magic Kingdom is the best park to spend your kids birthday. My girlies requested a fancy dinner on their birthday. Since Victoria and Albert's wasn't age or budget appropriate I decided California Grill might just suit them. Plus it's another first for us.
You Fancy Selena Gomez GIF by HULU

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
March 29
Epcot brunch at Garden Grill and dinner at San Angel.

March 30
Checkout day😭. We have a very late flight out so we should get plenty of time at Hollywood Studios. We have a lunch ADR for 50's Prime Time. We will had back to Pop around 5pm, eat dinner and then catch an Uber to the airport.

19 more days hoping for sunshine and a lot of patience.

Happy So Excited GIF

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Thanks for all the recommendations.
Decide Fox Tv GIF by Paradise Hotel
Late.to.the party here, but IMO Earl.of Sandwich is hard to beat.

I've also had kids change and dinner at Wolfgang Puck's new place, but its table service so.maybe not what you're looking for.
March 28 - Bear & Nene's 11th birthday
Magic Kingdom is the best park to spend your kids birthday. My girlies requested a fancy dinner on their birthday. Since Victoria and Albert's wasn't age or budget appropriate I decided California Grill might just suit them. Plus it's another first for us.
You Fancy Selena Gomez GIF by HULU
Great idea!

Skibum1970

Enjoy and have a great trip. The weather here in Ohio won't be anything to brag about. I'm just jealous because, when we went in February, Florida decided to play it cool. As in, the temperatures stayed in low 60's.

littleroo

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you are having a great trip and can't wait to hear what you thought of Boma! I really enjoyed Boatwrights. Some of the best salmon on property. Can't for your TR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom