3 days to go until Disney and I am ill!!!!!!

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Hello everyone

I fly to Florida this Saturday and I cannot wait!!! The only problem is I am ill!!! I went to the doctors on Monday and he said i have tonsilitis (of all things). I cannot believe it! I have been waiting for this holiday for 2 years and the week b4 we leave I am struck down with a sore throat! Isn't it typical????

I am hoping that it clears up b4 we leave at the weekend :( :( :(
I hope that everyone is ok.

*only 3 days to go*
"It's time to remember the magic...."
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

markymark

Originally posted by disneyfan123
Hello everyone

I fly to Florida this Saturday and I cannot wait!!! The only problem is I am ill!!! I went to the doctors on Monday and he said i have tonsilitis (of all things). I cannot believe it! I have been waiting for this holiday for 2 years and the week b4 we leave I am struck down with a sore throat! Isn't it typical????

I am hoping that it clears up b4 we leave at the weekend :( :( :(
I hope that everyone is ok.

*only 3 days to go*
"It's time to remember the magic...."

OOOH Bad news "fan" I used to suffer SOOOO badly with tonsilitis (had them removed when I was 27 - best thing I EVER did)

But look at it this way. Where would you rather have tonsilitis?

Lovelly sunny UK or Florida? As soon as you arrive you'll forget you were ill.

Drink plenty of liquid, get some anti-biotics and you'll be fine.

:)

tiggerlover1971

so sad to hear that get plenty of rest and fluids My sister every time she is on vaction usally gets sick also but nothing stops her at disney

The Mom

Premium Member
The antibiotics should have everything under control by Sat....just don't miss any doses, and keep on taking them! If you were going to have any sort of allergic reaction, you would probably have had it by now! (that happened to my neice who got sick at WDW...the antibiotcs made her even sicker!) And marky and tiggerlover are right...drink lots of water and juices...stay away from sodas and alcohol (if you're over 21 ;))

disneyfan123

Original Poster
thanx for all ur replies.

I have already got some antibiotics they have not started to work yet (they take a few days!), I am drinking fluids and taking it easy! Hopefully by Saturday the infection would have gone!? (Fingers Crossed)

*only 3 days to go*
"Its time to remember the magic"
:sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy: :hammer:

SnowWhite5669

Just look at it this way.... what better place to recover. I am leaving on Saturday also. We are staying at the Beach Club. Sounds like you will need lots of Dole Whips to soothe that sore throat!!:slurp: Have fun. I know it sucks to be sick in Disney. In 1998 I had an ear infection and I still went to Blizzard Beach. Just take it easy!!!:p :p

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Good news. The infection appears to be clearing up... the throat is not as sore now (fingers crossed) :lookaroun :lookaroun

*only 3 days to go*
"Its Time to Remember the Magic...."

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Okay, the infection is clearing (thank god) but now my sister has it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am allergic to penicillin so it had taken longer for the infection to clear. She is not allergic to it so hopefully we have caught it early and we can knock it on the head b4 we leave on Saturday morning! :lookaroun :lookaroun (fingers crossed)

*only 2 days to go*
"Its time to remember the magic......."

markymark

Originally posted by disneyfan123
but now my sister has it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*only 2 days to go*
"Its time to remember the magic......."

Wellllll, at least you are getting better! :lol: :lol: :lookaroun :lol: :lol:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Only one more day - bet you can't wait, can I come with you, I'm sure I could make it to the airport given enough time, you wouldn't even know I was there, I promise to be good, I wouldn't be any trouble, I'm good at carrying suitcases, or reading a map, or I could share with the driving
PPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

PS. Glad to hear you're better.

disneyfan123

Original Poster
:lol: :lol: I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! :sohappy: We are just packing the last few essentials and sorting out our hand luggage. Our flight takes off at 10 am (hopefully :lookaroun ) We land GMT 7pm!

*We are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!*
"Its time to remember the magic"
:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

SnowWhite5669

Glad to hear you feel better. We leave tomorrow morning at 7:20AM!! I am so excited, now I just have to get through the day!!! I have a call in at Disney Store tonight but I hope I don't have to work, I will be too hyper to wait on guests!!
Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!!

tiggerlover1971

have fun disney fan how are you and your sister feeling i hope better say hi to mickey for me

SEVEN MORE DAYS TILL I GO I GO NEXT FRIDAY THE 12TH:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

JonnyK

Have fun im leavin sunday afternoon, im suppose to leave tommorow but IM leavin sunday afternoon be there late at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom