3/31 MK/AK photo update.

peter11435

Original Poster
Unfortunately while I had my camera at MK this morning, I forgot to put in a memory card. So there will be no pictures from MK today.

- The paddle wheel at Harpers Mill is working again. For months the water had been running but it was not spinning, then for a few more months the water was off entirely and then for the past month it has been surrounded by scaffolding, today the water was running, and wheel was spinning. It looked great.

-They had the doors open into POTC. They appeared to be putting plastic over the turnstiles just inside the doors. Also the doors in the back of the queue were open as you could see through the building and out the back. There was also a crew painting parts of the exterior. The stone wall in the back that has the cannons on top was being repainted. It is much darker now and looks great.

-The hopping Brer Rabbit was working on Splash Mountain today. Also working today was the water that jumps over the boat in the laughing place section.

-Space Mountain still has its two tone look. Although I still think its only because they have repainted the top and not the rest yet.

-One of the lampposts on Main Street was missing. They had a small green box over the hole in the ground, and some small plants around it. I don't know what happened.

-Still nothing new at Timekeeper.

-I had reported in an earlier update that after the walls came down there was no noticeable difference in the bench/planters at the entrance to Adventureland. After closer inspection I was wrong. They are much different now. They used to have a rock like structure to sit on with dark wooden slats to sit back on. Now they have rock/stone for the entire thing, with some new lighter brown wood mixed in every now and then. The one closest to the tree house and the one closest to the entrance bridge have been done the one in the middle still has not been done. They look great. I will try to do a before and after picture when I go back to MK.

That’s it for MK. The rest of this update are some shots from AK. The pictures show the set-up going in for the Everest press event next week.

As always if you have any questions just ask.

Just click any image to see a larger version.

The crane being used to paint the back of the mountain.

goofyfan13

Great update, thanks!

It's hard to believe that the official opening is next Friday already. It seems like I've been following this ride forever. :lol:

daguru

Maybe it is for the Grand Opening...isn't that coming up next weekend or something (not been paying attention)...?

wannab@dis

gregory_510 said:
Has that big wooden platform always been there or is it just for the grand opening? I looks very well constructed and themed just to be up for a few days.
It looks to be at the bottom of the main drop. If I were guessing, it's going to be as an "observation deck" for the press to get video/pictures of the trains coming out of the mountain and down the drop.

Thanks for the update and pictures, Peter! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The wooden platform has not always been there, and Ican't think of ajn intelligent way to connect it to the surrounding walkways - it blocks the guest viewing area of the drop - so i'm assuming it's temporary.

It also explains why that area plays the sound of water gurgling and has the bedrocks but no water - they're probably going to turn on the water once the deck is gone.

peter11435

Original Poster
gregory_510 said:
Has that big wooden platform always been there or is it just for the grand opening? I looks very well constructed and themed just to be up for a few days.
I am 99% sure it is just for the press event.

surfsupdon

Nice report!:)

Ahh, I wish you had those MK pictures tho. My dad is chaperoning the senior class trip and today is the MK day and, as unprobable as it is, I'd hunt every picture and look to see if I can see him or some of my students in the backgrounds!!

Crowded today at Magic Kingdom??

peter11435

Original Poster
surfsupdon said:
Crowded today at Magic Kingdom??

Not when I left, but I left very early.

Yeah there would have been some great pictures from Pirates, as well as Harpers Mill, Space Mountain, and the Adventureland planters. I was very mad when I realized I had forgotten to bring a memory card.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
peter11435 said:
I was very mad when I realized I had forgotten to bring a memory card.

Silly question... does your camera not have some internal memory? Mine has a bit...

peter11435

Original Poster
MontyMon said:
Silly question... does your camera not have some internal memory? Mine has a bit...
No it doesn't have any which I hate. Without a memory card i can't take any pictures.

peter11435

Original Poster
I'll be heading to Epcot tonight for SSE and Illuminations. If there is anything new to report or photograph (I already have the memory card in the camera) I will just add them to this thread later.

askmike1

Great pictures. Dumb question, but where exactly is the press event going to happen?
wdwishes2005 said:
Too easy for some idiot teenagers to jump off and mess around there.
Correction.... "Too easy for some idiot people to jump off and mess around there."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom