3/31 MK/AK photo update.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The metal things at the top on the backside (away from the walkway) remind me of the same sorta things atop the retractable booms used in parades at Epcot and stage shows at MK. I think perhaps they can raise and lower.

peter11435

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
The metal things at the top on the backside (away from the walkway) remind me of the same sorta things atop the retractable booms used in parades at Epcot and stage shows at MK. I think perhaps they can raise and lower.
They definitly are not retractable. You can't tell in those pictures but they were clearly just sitting in the dirt.

I was looking at the metal things you speak off. They and a few other parts on the backside have wheels on them. It looked like these speakers could be put on there side and rolled from place to place. This stuff is all temporary for the press event.

Along the Everest path they also had installed about 30 black poles with 3-4 lights each facing the path.

artvandelay

peter11435 said:
They definitly are not retractable. You can't tell in those pictures but they were clearly just sitting in the dirt.

I was looking at the metal things you speak off. They and a few other parts on the backside have wheels on them. It looked like these speakers could be put on there side and rolled from place to place. This stuff is all temporary for the press event.

Along the Everest path they also had installed about 30 black poles with 3-4 lights each facing the path.

Those look like Genie Super Lift's (sometimes called crankovators or vermettes), with a fabric covering their mechanical parts. On a super lift, you can hang a speaker or lights, and then crank it up to the height you want. They're commonly used in outdoor venues.

peter11435

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Do AK park maps have Everest on them yet?
Not the ones at the parks. The ones they send guests with the planning videos have it on them, but the ones in the park do not.

JEDIsney

Thanks for the update and the pictures!

Wow, Coronado Springs looks beautiful in that picture! Too bad we switched from there to Old Key West..

imagineersrock

peter11435 said:
Here are a few more photos from today (4/1) at Animal Kingdom and Coronado Springs.

Just click any image to see a larger version.

Saddle-billed Stork

Thanks for the update(s), great as usual. The only thing I wanted to point out is that those actually appear to be Yellow-billed Storks in that photo. Saddle-billed storks are a bit larger and have a black head and neck, and a mostly red and black bill with a small yellow "saddle" towards the top of their bill. :)

peter11435

Original Poster
imagineersrock said:
Thanks for the update(s), great as usual. The only thing I wanted to point out is that those actually appear to be Yellow-billed Storks in that photo. Saddle-billed storks are a bit larger and have a black head and neck, and a mostly red and black bill with a small yellow "saddle" towards the top of their bill. :)
I think you are right. I wasn't 100% sure. I was doing it from memory and couldn't remember which of the two it was. Next time I am at AK I'll check and make sure.

Incredibles

Did you happen to ride Kilimajaro Safaris while you were there? I was wondering because the last few times I've been over the last few years, the bridge never seems to be working (when it pops up in the air and the driver speeds off). CMs have told me that they were modifing the buses one time so that smaller animals wouldn't get run over, and that was why they weren't working.

peter11435

Original Poster
Incredibles said:
Did you happen to ride Kilimajaro Safaris while you were there? I was wondering because the last few times I've been over the last few years, the bridge never seems to be working (when it pops up in the air and the driver speeds off). CMs have told me that they were modifing the buses one time so that smaller animals wouldn't get run over, and that was why they weren't working.
I have ridden the safari almost 20 times in in the past 3 months and the bridge has worked everytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom