2pm park hopping is ridiculous now

matt9112

Hopping is such an inefficient way to spend time at WDW. I would never do it unless under very unusual circumstances. And if you're bussing, then
forget it. Game over. That ain't even vacationing anymore.

The only workable combos are Epcot & Studio(barely) and Epcot & MK. But even those come with a fairly nasty consequence.

Imagine being at AK and looking to get to Epcot Germany via bus. You be half nuts to play that.

I found it fun before covid. Rope drop mk ride everything than leave at lunch to epcot or studios for the night. I avoided MK like the plague.

Also great for when you want dinner at x y z. Sure for average vacationers your right. Best part pf having an AP was being able to just scoot in and scoot out...

Phonedave

I don't know that it's ever been an issue to get into another park even if they all had they're park reservations booked.

I don't think it has been either, but when we were planning a June trip, and making dining reservations we were not sure, so we went the better safe than sorry route.

lightguy

We were just there and I didn't think the 2PM thing would be a problem, but there were several days towards the end that we really wanted to rope drop a park for a couple hours to hit a few specific things and then go to Epcot or go back to the hotel for a couple hours and then start an early afternoon at a different park, but we couldn't. It was actually much more annoying than I expected. IF they moved it back to noon it would probably be a lot better. But honestly, the crowds were pretty huge at all the parks every day we were there. I think at this point they can probably just assume busy days at all the parks. And seriously, there were days we would have eaten at Epcot for lunch but couldn't- so they are losing money.

DiSnEyF@n

Eh the 2PM doesn't bother me much, I actually don't mind the late rise Epcot day. When I was there a few weeks ago, it was nice to book a sit-down breakfast, sleep a little later and feel like I wasn't losing a ton of time on my day. I think its all about how you approach it
This is my family’s thoughts about this too…. Having Epcot open at 11 makes it a nice morning where I don’t have to set a 6am alarm and we can leisurely grab breakfast.

NickMaio

It's the only way we vacation at WDW now. I would die if I had to spend all day in one single park and never have the chance to leave for another 😫
Interesting, we were big park hoppers before. Now we love to spend the day at 1 Park, we really love to take it slow and soak it all up.
We take noon breaks for our little guys, but always cone back. Even before kids we started doing the 1 park, sometimes all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom