2pm park hopping is ridiculous now

tanc

I think the real reason I love PH is because if I am on vacation and want to relax, I can just go back to the room, relax, and then go out. After a while I just get bored and would rather be somewhere else. It's not like "1 ticket a day" which makes sense for short trips, but if I am at Disney for like 5+ days, I would much rather be able to go to the parks whenever I want. Unfortunately, now you have to reserve but previously PH was really great.

Raxel7851

Hopping is such an inefficient way to spend time at WDW. I would never do it unless under very unusual circumstances. And if you're bussing, then
forget it. Game over. That ain't even vacationing anymore.

The only workable combos are Epcot & Studio(barely) and Epcot & MK. But even those come with a fairly nasty consequence.

Imagine being at AK and looking to get to Epcot Germany via bus. You be half nuts to play that.
I guess probably 90% of the people here are nuts then. There’s all kinds of ways you can make it work. I’d certainly like to see the 2 PM part discontinued, but until/if it is, it’s not that big of a deal. The only nasty consequence is not being able to park hop.

wdwfan4ver

Hopping is such an inefficient way to spend time at WDW. I would never do it unless under very unusual circumstances. And if you're bussing, then

The only workable combos are Epcot & Studio(barely) and Epcot & MK. But even those come with a fairly nasty consequence.

Imagine being at AK and looking to get to Epcot Germany via bus. You be half nuts to play that.
You are assuming people are going park commando and it is not the case for the people I am with during my WDW trips. I am going by past WDW trips. The last trip to date is 2019.

The fact is I take afternoon breaks at WDW even if I don't park hop. I usually go to WDW during the summer and mid afternoon breaks are great for that time of the year. I can go to another park after my afternoon break at my hotel is done.

vikescaper

Yesterday, I started the day out at DHS and park hopped (walked) to Epcot for lunch at Via Napoli at 3 pm. After lunch, rode the Epcot monorail to the TTC and back. Went on a couple rides at Epcot and then hopped back to DHS to wrap up the day around 6 pm. We thought about hopping to MK after lunch but decided not to with how hot it was.

wendysue

Its annoying for those of us that are rope droppers but you'll get the later nighters that enjoy being able to sleep in and stay until 10pm.
So its a wash really.
Nice thing about it right now for me personally is that I plan on taking advantage of the later opening one day to go to Kona Cafe for breakfast and not have to worry about missing rope drop.
Rope drop???? I'm still sleeping when all the rope droppers go storming past my room in the morning. 😴:)

arich35

It only will cost us about $80 per person to add it for a 5 day trip, think it is a no brainer to allow us to go wherever we want in the evening especially with firework shows coming back and AK and HS still being half day parks most of the time.
We have gone twice, once pre pandemic and one post and have had park hoppers both and couldn't imagine not having them.

Minnesota disney fan

We always got park hoppers pre-covid. We would tour one set park (with fp's) in the AM to noon. We would eat lunch at the park or at our resort. Then rest a bit and recharge our batteries, LOL. Then we would pick out another park if that's what we wanted to do.
It was great and made us feel like we had some spontaneity in our evenings. I would miss that now.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We always got park hoppers pre-covid. We would tour one set park (with fp's) in the AM to noon. We would eat lunch at the park or at our resort. Then rest a bit and recharge our batteries, LOL. Then we would pick out another park if that's what we wanted to do.
It was great and made us feel like we had some spontaneity in our evenings. I would miss that now.

No need to miss it... You can still park hop.
Sounds like your plans would still work out fine other than the loss of FP+ at least right now.

dreday3

We never hopped before 2 anyways, so I doubt we'll notice it.

Start the day at one park, relax with afternoon wine/sun at hotel, end night at another park. Love to travel that way! :D

flynnibus

Premium Member
source (1).gif

Phonedave

We normally park hop all of the time. We are get up early hit a park, go back to the room and relax, and then hit an other park afterwards people. I feel no need to maximize the time I spend in a park on my vacation. I feel a need to maximize my enjoyment.

Phonedave

We never hopped before 2 anyways, so I doubt we'll notice it.

Start the day at one park, relax with afternoon wine/sun at hotel, end night at another park. Love to travel that way! :D

My only issue with it was, it was not guaranteed. Very often we make plans to go to a different park in the afternoon and eat there. With hopping being subject to capacity now, that was a dicey call to make.

rio

Park hoppers allowed me to go another park before the rest of our party woke up, or head to Epcot for lunch. Seriously-the fact that Epcot at the very least doesn’t allow hoppers from other parks means potential lost lunch revenue.

dreday3

My only issue with it was, it was not guaranteed. Very often we make plans to go to a different park in the afternoon and eat there. With hopping being subject to capacity now, that was a dicey call to make.

I'm hopeful that won't be an issue for us in October now that capacity has increased so much.

Snake

2pm Park hopping is ridiculous, especially when it seems they have not lowered the price for the park hopping option now that the park hopping has this significant reduction in how you can use it. They better lower the damn price keeping park hop at 2pm. Greedy.
I'm waiting for park hop to go back to normal before I go back. We went one time during the covid restriction with no park hopping and I seriously regret going, park hopping makes it way more enjoyable.

chriskbrown

When we could not PH in December, we would often be done with parks by 2 or so. Although we usually have PHs, increasingly as a family we do less and less PH. I love to PH - and have two different 4 in 1 days under my belt.

durangojim

Original Poster
I don't know that it's ever been an issue to get into another park even if they all had they're park reservations booked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom