2nd showing of Fantasmic bad "show"

raymusiccity

You could very clearly see the mechanism that raises and lowers it and I don't remember it looking that bad but man it was horrendous

And as for Mickey it ruins the magic even though the magic has long been ruined by many other things. To me the whole show just seemed very "off" it almost seemed as though they didn't care about fantasmic tonight

Maybe it's only 'horrendous' to people looking to compare it to multiple viewings while looking for mistakes.

I'm willing to bet that there was plenty of applause at the end of the show and all of the children seeing the show were happy with the production? :)

PREMiERdrum

Brick-Tamland-Throws-Trident-Anchorman.gif

I've never felt more at home here. Shucks, guys.

Maybe it's only 'horrendous' to people looking to compare it to multiple viewings while looking for mistakes.

I'm willing to bet that there was plenty of applause at the end of the show and all of the children seeing the show were happy with the production? :)
thank you finally a person not trying to be a critic and a know it all, someone who looks at it the way it's supposed to be looked at thru the eyes of a child!

Stevek

You do seem in the minority amongst those who've seen both.

Not arguing, just going off past posts on the topic.

I think there are positives and negatives in both. I enjoy the setting/stage more at WDW but DL wins hands down for the Dragon, Columbia & Mark Twain (though there is something cool about it being on the Rivers of America). I'd rank it higher than WDW but my wife enjoyed the WDW version more.

scoobygirl39541

Is it weird to say that I don't mind the preshow? It gets everyone excited and makes the time pass. I remember how slow time went before they had a preshow. No thanks, this is better than the nothing they had before.

Is it weird to say that I don't mind the preshow? It gets everyone excited and makes the time pass. I remember how slow time went before they had a preshow. No thanks, this is better than the nothing they had before.
i agree it better than just sitting and waiting, my 5 year old loves it, so guess what i love it too!

COProgressFan

But there wasn't "nothing". Long ago, the acapella group "Four for a Dollar" would perform as a pre-show. They were great, but like most good (in other words, expensive) entertainment, they were sadly cut from Disney's entertainment roster maybe 5 or 6 years ago. They also performed during the day before the B&B show. Then there was a period of nothing, then the new show. I think I prefer the nothing to what's there now, in all honesty.

And I know it's hard to fathom, but to the best of my knowledge Disneyland still has a jazz band perform before the first Fantasmic. I'm sure that's not cheap.

Matt_Black

So, only a child's-eye view is the one that matters? And if they happen to notice the incongruities?

Kids are very good at rationalizing things. When I was a a kid, I remember trying to work out how Marvel and DC could co-exist in the same world, especially with two separate undersea kingdoms of Atlantis (Atlanti?). I found a map, found a spot for each, and I think I concluded that they were both offshoots of the original Atlantean empire that each claimed to be the true one.

scoobygirl39541

But there wasn't "nothing". Long ago, the acapella group "Four for a Dollar" would perform as a pre-show. They were great, but like most good (in other words, expensive) entertainment, they were sadly cut from Disney's entertainment roster maybe 5 or 6 years ago. They also performed during the day before the B&B show. Then there was a period of nothing, then the new show.

Oh I didn't know that! I remember them from the BatB preshow, but I don't think I ever saw them before fantasmic. Do you remember when they stopped performing there?

I think I prefer the nothing to what's there now, in all honesty.

Yeah... We're gonna have to agree to disagree on that point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom