Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Unbanshee

Me: "So Ms Senator, exactly how long should every business plan on having a complete shutdown of their operations to avoid being labeled "short sighted"? Could you tell me how long the federal government pays all of its workers when their funding is removed?"

Isn't a 4-6 month rainy day fund recommended for households when it comes to financial planning?

Unbanshee

...those with the funds to cover 6 months tend to have more means in the fridt place.

Sounds like you might be describing a giant corporation with record cash flow for years.

To be clear, Disney should have been able to avoid these layoffs, but they were overstaffed for quite some time. What Chapek said about DIsney+ is likely true for layoffs "the pandemic accelerated our plans"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sounds like you might be describing a giant corporation with record cash flow for years.

To be clear, Disney should have been able to avoid these layoffs, but they were overstaffed for quite some time. What Chapek said about DIsney+ is likely true for layoffs "the pandemic accelerated our plans"
Oh I see...you are applying “good financial planning” to a course of action for Disney?

I get it. But that’s not how mega companies work. Eliminating labor is rewarded on Wall Street. It shows “dedication” to the shareholders and presents the concept of making more money with less stagnant overhead moving forward.

They never DIDN’T want to cut these jobs. Modern Wall Street.

drew81

Entertainment dept is getting cut to the bone this week. There will be very little left, and losing a lot of very experienced and 20+ year serving part time CM's.
We’re talking serious serious cuts. Entertainment will never recover.

Then the whole issue of people are still paying for less experience, so what reason does WDC Leadership have to bring back shows, fireworks etc? Leadership is loving this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Then the whole issue of people are still paying for less experience, so what reason does WDC Leadership have to bring back shows, fireworks etc? Leadership is loving this.

This is the whole undercurrent and has been for along time.

Disney fans decry any of these moves...their hearts are in the right place. But their heads aren’t.

A fan needs to do what they won’t consider to stop these things: not go.

Yes...I mean actually not go. It’s not like you haven’t seen it anyway. You’re only empowering the supplier with a lack of conviction.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Maybe c harris snuck back into the building...

Sure feels like we are going to be facing those mid 2000s again...

Lilofan

After 9/11 the theme parks shortened and restructured many things operations. Never looked back. Paying more to get less has been going on for a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom