Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Josh D’Maro was seen apologizing to cast members all day today in Downtown Disney. This man has my sincerest respect. Someone please tell me he’s being groomed for CEO someday. I can’t think of many instances where someone that high on the Eboard would share in the pain of fellow employees.

Seriously though, D’Maro for CEO.

https:///2020/10/josh-damaro-comforts-cast-kj1/

Think it’s gonna take a bit more than that for CEO...

I think a tech creative Gen Xer from OUTSIDE Disney is the way to go when placeholder Bob gets the boot.

Slpy3270

When did they put mandatory retirement in?

Good thing Marty sklar isn’t still around, huh?

...it could be happening...but I’m gonna need something more official to believe it.

Mandatory retirement and forced retirement are two different things. Warner Bros. didn't have a mandatory retirement policy yet forced Alan Horn out anyway because they wanted Kevin Tsujihara as Chairman ASAP.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m with you.

1601599072605.jpeg

UNCgolf

Right I'm not saying "all executives are awesome." They're equally likely to be [butts] as any other person.

They're actually more likely, at least at the CEO level. There have been studies that show CEOs are far more likely to have sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies than the average person.

Slpy3270

While the parks' development are currently moribund, Disney+ is a voracious beast for new content. Joe could get D+ money for more imagineering series, I bet.

And the profits that Disney+ brings in for Disney? Zero.

I guarantee you they're making more money off ESPN/ABC/FX ad revenue and transmission fees right now than they are with streaming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mandatory retirement and forced retirement are two different things. Warner Bros. didn't have a mandatory retirement policy yet forced Alan Horn out anyway because they wanted Kevin Tsujihara as Chairman ASAP.

Forced retirement is a firing. For whatever reason.

You are presenting it as a requirment.

If Rohde is being fired...for any reason...such as age, salary, a gutting/mothballing of imagineering, the CHANCE they can ever hit a budget without him...etc

I could see it.

But I need to see it.

deWild

Think it’s gonna take a bit more than that for CEO...

I think a tech creative Gen Xer from OUTSIDE Disney is the way to go when placeholder Bob gets the boot.
It might be a while until Bob steps down. But when he does, Josh would be absolutely be my first pick. I see your point though, some fresh blood would bode well for the company in the long term.

seascape

I guarantee you they're making more money off ESPN/ABC/FX ad revenue and transmission fees right now than they are with streaming.
You are wrong on the profit side. Disney was only getting $300 million a year for their movie library. Disney+ is paying much more, currently will over $300 million a month. The fact that Disney+ loses money does not mean that the Walt Disney Company does not make more money from Disney+, even with the losses at Disney+, than they made from Netflix.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Umm... yes. Absolutely. That's not a surprise. It's the plan. Iger said it was Disney's number one priority on every quarterly call ever since D+ was announced.

For now, Disney is dumping money into D+ to make it popular enough that will be profitable. They had a three year plan for that and are way ahead of schedule. During those three years, Iger warned investors that D+ would be a loss on financials.

Disney keeps announcing more and more original content for D+. The pandemic is slowing production because of it being a pandemic, not because of pulling back investment in new content.

Lilofan

It might be a while until Bob steps down. But when he does, Josh would be absolutely be my first pick. I see your point though, some fresh blood would bode well for the company in the long term.
Iger I think is leaving at the end of 2021. He tried leaving a few times but the Disney Board convinced him to stay. If Josh doesn't get support from the board then he will be adios just like Rasulo and Staggs that were bypassed too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A) cybercrime and B) terrorism.

You have a wholly inflated view of security. Are they gonna then break up the fight in toon town in less than 25 minutes if there are less?

They are not an anti-terrorism unit either.

Cybercrime? Like the Chinese?

...wait...think I see the problem there? 🤔

Cast members are experts in cybercrime? Companies outsource to companies that are more qualified in the field.
Yeah...we’re off the reservation on this one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom