24 days away from trip and no trip packet...should I be worried?

Mikester71

Just a quick question here guys. We are currently 24 days out from our Spring Break WDW trip (leave in 23 actually) and we have yet to receive our trip packet. I am pretty sure we always received it earlier than this on our previous 3 trips. We booked it through CAA up here, as with the previous 3, and usually get a call from our agent telling us that they are in usually about a month out each time. I know the easy answer is to just call her TODAY, but I hate bugging anyone with trivial little details and know she is probably busy with bigger things right now. :shrug:

611williamsj

Just a quick question here guys. We are currently 24 days out from our Spring Break WDW trip (leave in 23 actually) and we have yet to receive our trip packet. I am pretty sure we always received it earlier than this on our previous 3 trips. We booked it through CAA up here, as with the previous 3, and usually get a call from our agent telling us that they are in usually about a month out each time. I know the easy answer is to just call her TODAY, but I hate bugging anyone with trivial little details and know she is probably busy with bigger things right now. :shrug:

CALL HER after all it is her job to be a service to her customers and not to worry it is similar to airline tickets Virign Atlantic only send them 14 days befor the flight I would ring to see if it has been shipped/posted so you know you should be expecting it or if it got lost in the post

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I would think that you would have it any day. I also woud be worried at this point. I agree with above post...give her a call today, I am sure you will not be troubling her. Good luck and have a great trip!!! I still have 183 more days to wait!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Thanks guys...and I think I may just end up giving her a shout today. Told my wife I was going to wait until Friday, but why wait if you don't have to! :wave:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

This is about the right time frame to get them.

But be worried - no.

24 days is PLENTY of time to get a packet out. I have called 5 days before a trip and still received it in time. Call just to make sure is was not lost, but don't loose any sleep over it.

Even if it never comes, you can still travel without it.

-dave

Upvote 0
There is absolutely no reason at all to worry. I am a TA and over the last 6 months, all my clients travel documents have been arriving 2-3 weeks prior to their trip. I know it is a great peace of mind to have it in advance, but the truth is, you don't need the packet at all. The packets is basically a confirmation of your package components and your vouchers/coupons - those can be reprinted and given to you at check-in. You do not even need the Magical Express vouchers or luggage tags to be able to use the transportation and luggage retrieval.

Absolutely call your TA to see if they are in. It's possible your documents are there and waiting to be sent to you with the other mailings from the office. But don't fret!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I agree with what everyone else here has said, no need to lose any sleep over it. I would caution you to carry a confirmation of your vacation package components as well as the fact that this was paid in full though. Every once in a while, a component may drop off during the check in process. I find it gives me peace of mind to be able to show them the itemized listing of what is included in case there is a problem. Im sure it will arrive any day now and everything will be fine though!!!! Have a terrific trip! Marie

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone for the replies and reassurance. Actually, wasn't really overly worried about getting them (bad choice of words on my part in my thread title :eek:), more curious as to when they usually arrive. After reading some older threads, it looks like a month out seems to be the average. I remember getting my other ones around a month out too, so hopefully they should be on their way. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom