22 January 2003 Site Update: Buzz to get onirde photo op

CAPTAIN HOOK

Somewhere else for Disney to relieve you of your hard earned $$$
The new shop should be quite interesting, selling Buzz merchandise I've no doubt.

WDWspider

Why doesn't Disney just force it down our throats and have merchandise up and down the Queues and we can check out before getting on the ride. :zipit:

Well, I don't think I care too much for an on ride photo with this attraction, unless it gives your scores also, that could be neat.

Brett

I love the idea of on-ride photos, but did you hear that sound? It's my wallet emptying for more of this pictures!!

orangefan15

What's the point of onride photos on a ride like buzz?:confused: :confused: :confused:

It's not like its got a big drop like Splash or its a roller coaster or anything like that...I guess Di$ney will do anything for a buck these days.:(

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by orangefan15
What's the point of onride photos on a ride like buzz?:confused: :confused: :confused:

It's not like its got a big drop like Splash or its a roller coaster or anything like that...I guess Di$ney will do anything for a buck these days.:(

Actually if you think about it what do all the current attractions with photos have in common?

A height restriction so this will allow families to get pictures with their little space rangers that might not be able to ride the bigger attractions.

meeko_33785

I agree. It seems kind of pointless. I doubt I would even buy to photo of myself of Buzz Lightyear where I would on something like Dinosaur or ToT. The gift shop idea sounds good though. I can't think of a more marketable attraction than one where the main character is a toy. :lol:

Pioneer Hall

And since only two people can fit in a space cruiser, that means that the average family will have to buy two pictures to include everyone.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Perhaps the photo op will be like what the Haunted Mansion recently had installed. Your photo will be taken if you are wearing a special pin or something, and you can pick it up later if you want.

As for the shop, maybe it will be like the Mansion's merchandise cart.

wdwjmp239

They probably got the idea from Universal Studio's MEN IN BLACK Ride. At the end of the ride, you can purchase a picture and in the picture will post your score for the game.

Mookie

Originally posted by hmppan
Actually if you think about it what do all the current attractions with photos have in common?

A height restriction so this will allow families to get pictures with their little space rangers that might not be able to ride the bigger attractions.

I agree completely with your point.

While just about everything Disney does is definitely money motivated, this is a good thing. Little kids will absolutely love having their picture taken on the Buzz Lightyear ride ... they love that guy. It will be nice to give families who can't get on-ride photos of their younger children an opportunity to do so.

TravisMT81

Originally posted by spider-man
Why doesn't Disney just force it down our throats and have merchandise up and down the Queues and we can check out before getting on the ride. :zipit:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Testtrack321

QUESTION: How the hell will they take our pics on this ride? The vehicles spin on our whim. It's not like the vehicle will be facing one direction everytime.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by MrNonacho
Perhaps the photo op will be like what the Haunted Mansion recently had installed. Your photo will be taken if you are wearing a special pin or something, and you can pick it up later if you want.

As for the shop, maybe it will be like the Mansion's merchandise cart.

You can get your pic taken at the Haunted Mansion as well? Oh boy... :rolleyes:

As of last week there was no such system installed at Haunted Mansion nor any word of any such thing in the works. BTW there is already a Toy Story merchandise cart right across from Buzz.

They probably got the idea from Universal Studio's MEN IN BLACK Ride. At the end of the ride, you can purchase a picture and in the picture will post your score for the game.

Yeah this would be a great idea but that would be two pictures per car. I actually think that this would waste money. I dont see a point in putting this on a ride like this. Well maybe well be getting one from small world next month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom