21 at WDW

the_princess

Original Poster
I just turned 21 in Feb. and we are going to DisneyWorld on the 22. Well with Pleasure Island closed is there anything special I could do or should do to celebrate turning 21? Just looking for ideas. I've been there multiple times buts always been with small children or kids under 21 so havnt really kept an eye out for ideas for adults.

DisneyLeo18

I just went to WDW a few months after turning 21 and my friend and I walked around EPCOT and drank from all the different countries. It's obviously not a party scene if that's what you're looking for, but it was definitely fun and something new I could finally do.

Also as stated above Jellyrolls is pretty good too.

Have fun:wave:

Master Gracey 5

Jellyrolls would be a great place.

I wholeheartedly endorse this. I went there on my trip last fall and recommend it to everyone who will listen. Its a great place to spend an evening relaxing, enjoying a few drinks and laughing and singing along. The guys here are incredibly talented and entertaining and it is well worth the $10 cover. Its over at the Boardwalk so the only issue is getting back to your room at the end of the night if you are staying somewhere else. Definitely give this a try one night - you'll be glad you did!

If dancing is more of your thing Atlantic Dance is just a bit further down the Boardwalk. Never been here myself but I heard they have different music themes each night.

Beyond that there are other bars at DTD that are open fairly late as far as nightlife goes.

Daytime you can always enjoy a few drinks in the World Showcase. The Rose and Crown pub is one of the few places Stateside that I've found will serve Snakebite and Blacks which are incredible.

Have fun!

the_princess

Original Poster
Im not looking for a party scene just something new to do. I have been down there plenty, this trip will be number 50, but I still want to try something new. So I figured maybe I could find somethign I couldnt do because I wasn't 21 yet.

devoy1701

We're going to be hitting up Jellyrolls for my 22nd BD next month. And we're going to make it easy on ourselves by getting a Boardwalk Villa for the weekend. Hopefully it is as much fun as all of you have been saying!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Im not looking for a party scene just something new to do. I have been down there plenty, this trip will be number 50, but I still want to try something new. So I figured maybe I could find somethign I couldnt do because I wasn't 21 yet.
Jellyrolls will be your place then.

Master Gracey 5

I plan to check out Jellyrollls on our next trip. Are the drink prices reasonable with a $10 cover?

It all depends what you are used to. If memory serves most drinks were $5-10 (depending on what you got). I live near Boston so that's par for the course up here for drinks but might be expensive for other parts of the country.

devoy1701

It all depends what you are used to. If memory serves most drinks were $5-10 (depending on what you got). I live near Boston so that's par for the course up here for drinks but might be expensive for other parts of the country.

maybe they have $1 PBR on tap? :dazzle:

I'm guessing it will be be a pricy bday night, but if that's the case you just gotta order strong drinks so it takes less to get to the buzz.

Optimus Mouse

I would strongly recommend you make Epcot your birthday night stop and Drink Around the World.

We generally start in Canada with a nice Moosehead Lager and usually can make it to Germany (and the Spaten!) before the ground starts to spin. However, on our most recent trip we started in Mexico, and the new Tequila bar killed our mileage. We did make it all the way from Canada to Mexico once, but we were younger then.... If you're not into beer, you can get wine in Ireland, France, Italy, and Germany.

If you're staying at an Epcot Resort, you can stumble to Jellyrolls and finish your night there. It's usually busyish on the weekends, and you'll have a great time. Also, the Swan and Dolphin have nice restaurants with great bars in them.

If you do drink in the parks, make sure to designate someone as the chaperon. It is still a family park, and getting knock-down drag out drunk there is generally frowned upon.

Happy B-day!

CP_alum08

House of Blues can be pretty fun in DTD. It depends on what/who is playing - if anything. Its not really 'Disney' themed, but its still a pretty fun place!

Like someone else above mentioned, City Walk at universal is pretty awesome. I know this is a WDW board...but still :ROFLOL: There are quite a few bars there and the atmosphere is less kid-friendly than WDW, especially after dark. If you're up for a little bit of a drive its worth your while.

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom