21 at WDW

Mad Stitch

I just went to WDW a few months after turning 21 and my friend and I walked around EPCOT and drank from all the different countries. It's obviously not a party scene if that's what you're looking for, but it was definitely fun and something new I could finally do.
Have fun:wave:

Oh, get the right mix of people in the Rose and Crown Pub at the end of the night and it can be the party scene. :drevil:

devoy1701

Jellyrolls will be your place then.

Just wanted to say that we went to Jellyroll's this past Friday and had the best time we've ever had when we've been out drinking! We got here at about 8:30 and the place was dead...about 4 other tables filled, by the time 10pm came around though the place was packed! All of the tables were full and standing room was hard to come by! The pianists were great at not only playing music but entertaining the crowd too! And we had extra treatment since it was my birthday and we had gotten there earlier enough to strike up some good conversations with the pianists.

5 hrs later, the only reason we left before closing was because someone in our our group (our DD) had a bad headache and was wanting to go home.

Some things to point out. Cover is $10, but you are allowed to come and go as you please after you pay the cover which was very nice. And drinks were alittle pricy (I was drinking Orange Vodka and Sprite @ $6.50/each), but not horrible. We went in knowing it was going to be a slightly expensive night and it was well worth it. Also, putting in a request with no money will probably not get it played once it gets packed...a request with $5 will get it played SOMETIME that night...and a $20 will get it played next.

Also, the Dancehall is lame....that's probably why there is no cover. We left Jellyroll's for about 15 minutes to go check it out and we went back right away....Dancehall felt like a high school prom...

Anyway...Highly recommend Jellyrolls!!!

Piebald

Haters gonna hate, but...

I think you should check out Citywalk. It's fun and has lots to do (their karaoke bar is awesome..has live band and back up singers). I love Disney and all but with the closure of PI and everything else that has been going on, Universal really has them beat in that dept (and Harry Potter, but thats another story :lookaroun).

I understand if it's inconvenient because it's a little ways down the road, but if you have the transportation, it's worth looking into.

Xethis

You could always play the "Drinks Around the World" game at Epcot. Have a native drink from each country & make your way around the World Showcase.

Just a thought. I did it for my 21st and only made it around twice. Didn't wanna get sloppy, lol.

devoy1701

Haters gonna hate, but...

I think you should check out Citywalk. It's fun and has lots to do (their karaoke bar is awesome..has live band and back up singers). I love Disney and all but with the closure of PI and everything else that has been going on, Universal really has them beat in that dept (and Harry Potter, but thats another story :lookaroun).

I understand if it's inconvenient because it's a little ways down the road, but if you have the transportation, it's worth looking into.

While this may be true...the OP was looking for things to do at Walt Disney World at 21...not in the general Orlando area.

i know this is kind of illegal but for some real fun now that youre of age, try smoking marijuana somewhere outside the park such as in the boardwalk gazebo (or if you really want to, try doing it in the park =0)....trust me i know it sounds like a bad idea but you really get a whole new take on your favorite attractions, you wont regret it.

MarkTwain

Thanks Devoy for reviving this thread; I also recently turned 21 and was wondering about this is well. I'm sad that I missed Pleasure Island by just a few years :(, but Jellyrolls sounds like it will be fun... especially since I'll be staying at the Boardwalk! Only problem is, I'll be going with my family, and my parents aren't exactly the clubbing type, so I would have to go alone...

...But, there's always World Showcase. :D

cslafferty

We're going in 3 weeks to celebrate my birthday, my daughter's 21st birthday, and our anniversary. We wanted to spend an evening at Jellyrolls, and after reading this thread, it's a sure thing now! We will be staying at Pop, so I'm wondering how long the busses run from DTD to the resorts? Also, I'm wondering how crowded it is mid week. An earlier post mentioned that it was packed by 10pm on a Friday night. We were thinking of Wed. or Thurs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We're going in 3 weeks to celebrate my birthday, my daughter's 21st birthday, and our anniversary. We wanted to spend an evening at Jellyrolls, and after reading this thread, it's a sure thing now! We will be staying at Pop, so I'm wondering how long the busses run from DTD to the resorts? Also, I'm wondering how crowded it is mid week. An earlier post mentioned that it was packed by 10pm on a Friday night. We were thinking of Wed. or Thurs.
The buses will run quite late but you will be much better off taking a cab. The bus ride can be upwards of 1 to 2 hours. The cab ride will take about 15 minutes and cost less than $20.

stuart

Never been to Jellyrolls but very highly recommend the Rose & Crown and Raglan Road. You'll be very well looked after in the R&C anyway. Always best as well if you go in during EMH, and just ask them to make something up for you.

tink729

I just came back last week and it was my first trip being 21 as well. I would definitely go to Epcot to enjoy a few drinks. I had an orange slushy type drink from one of the carts outside of France. I wish I could remember exactly what the name was, but it was a mix of orange and Grand Marnier. It was delicious. The other place to definitely at least get a drink in is Mexico. My family and I ate in San Angel Inn. Before dinner we had shots of 1800 Tequila in the new Tequila Bar, and then enjoyed Margaritas with dinner. I highly recommend the frozen strawberry. Even the margaritas from the cart outside of Mexico were fantastic. Other than that, I had a few drinks in the hotel bar; we stayed in Port Orleans French Quarter. I also had a few assorted beers throughout the World Showcase (ex, Becks in Germany.) I'm from New York City, so believe it or not, drinks were actually cheaper in WDW than at home, but were still about $5 for a beer and $9 for a mixed drink on average. While I didn't have the chance to make it to Jellyrolls, I've heard nothing but great things about it, so I would definitely go there if I were you! Hope some of these suggestions help, and I hope you have a great trip, alcohol and all .:)

devoy1701

Thanks Devoy for reviving this thread; I also recently turned 21 and was wondering about this is well. I'm sad that I missed Pleasure Island by just a few years :(, but Jellyrolls sounds like it will be fun... especially since I'll be staying at the Boardwalk! Only problem is, I'll be going with my family, and my parents aren't exactly the clubbing type, so I would have to go alone...

...But, there's always World Showcase. :D

Your parents would love it. Jellyroll's is not a club at all, it's a piano bar. The crowd this past friday was a mix of people in their 20s 30s and 40s...and the pianists play songs that EVERYONE knows. You will have fun even with your family...unless you think it's awkward to drink with your parents....which I kind of do. :lookaroun But all in all, you'll have a good time and you'll enjoy the company!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your parents would love it. Jellyroll's is not a club at all, it's a piano bar. The crowd this past friday was a mix of people in their 20s 30s and 40s...and the pianists play songs that EVERYONE knows. You will have fun even with your family...unless you think it's awkward to drink with your parents....which I kind of do. :lookaroun But all in all, you'll have a good time and you'll enjoy the company!
So true. The first song I ever heard at Jellyrolls was "Pour some sugar on me" by Def Leppard followed by the theme to Sesame Street.

tmack8983

You should defintley go to universal city walk, of course you know its out of the disney area, but you'll have a blast, especially with you just turning 21

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom