$20million upgrade to fireworks?

WDWDad13

I would love for them to drop that 26mil...I love the projection stuff....you can see fireworks anywhere I mean really folks its magic because its disneys fireworks? I'm all for moving to WOC/projection tech.

behind the castle at night?

fireworks should ALWAYS be a part of the night show at the MK - they can add more to it (projection, etc.)

as for the other areas... I completely agree we need WOC tech

Disneyhead'71

I'm expecting to see people start complaining about spending this much money "when they could be building rides like universal" lol
one of Universal's more recent offerings is Cinematic Spectacular. And one of WDW's easiest to fix problems is "stale" entertainment offerings. So even us UniTards thinks this will be money well spent.

PhotoDave219

Planned? Yes... Greenlit? No... And it's 23.6 million.. Includes upgrades to ROE and a show replacement for Wishes. New shows would use a LOT of Hi Rez projection tech .. The next generation over whats in place in MK at the moment.

Is this a different replacement show at MK than the one they were discussing last year but scrapped due to a lack of feasibility for the projection end?

JungleTrekFan

WOC is nice but Disney Dreams at Disneyland Paris would be an amazing improvement to MK’s fireworks, all thats needed now is addition of lasers and a few fountains in the moat.

Alektronic

Ill ask in a few weeks. But so far as I know nothing is green lit.

RoE can't even get funding for required maintenance.

That's true. The Earth Globe needs a lot of work, but they don't want to pull it out of the show.

They haven't even fixed the ALF yet because they don't want to spend the money.

They tried to get funding to buy new solid state lasers and it was only a couple hundred thousand and it got denied.

lego606

MagicBandit
This is true, and in other news I'm selling a bridge.

brooklyn-bridgevv.jpg

Last edited:

Scuttle

3 and a half billion? Ha ha!

Its 2.8

Even if it's only 1 billion that's 10 EE caliber rides. OK maybe 8-9 if you're counting inflation and the way WDI does things.

But ya I'd much rather have a princess know my kids name or have predetermined ride times over 8 Everest caliber attractions.

I only use EE as an example because it's a recently built attraction that was about 100 million to build.

Sorry back to the fireworks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That's true. The Earth Globe needs a lot of work, but they don't want to pull it out of the show.

They haven't even fixed the ALF yet because they don't want to spend the money.

They tried to get funding to buy new solid state lasers and it was only a couple hundred thousand and it got denied.
I dont think we will ever see the ALF system again at RoE. It has been gone for so long now I doubt management even know that it should be. Real shame that are making do with a system that the ALF replaced because the original wasn't good enough.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I dont think we will ever see the ALF system again at RoE. It has been gone for so long now I doubt management even know that it should be. Real shame that are making do with a system that the ALF replaced because the original wasn't good enough.
Those who can are still pushing those that can say yes for it. It's another frustrating case of red tape and pen pushers getting in the way of running a theme park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm expecting to see people start complaining about spending this much money "when they could be building rides like universal" lol
But why would they say that? Two quality shows of the WDW tradition would be superb.

Or are you being sarcastic?

RunnerEd

I agree with @MickeyMan101 I know WOC would be a huge success coming to WDW. It is a show that doesn't need to be in a park. If they brought it to DTD it would draw more guests from the park to DTD to do what Disney wants us to do... Spend more money in their shops and restaurants. They could even have it so that resort guests get in for free and other guests pay admission. it would probably help disperse crowds at night away from the parks and make DTD the happening place. If they don't do it they really are missing a huge opportunity here.

I just saw WoC for the first time last month. In my opinion, TDO would be absolutely insane to build something that good in a free area. WoC belongs in a park without a question in my mind.

dkosdros

@RunnerEd would you go to DTD is you were a resort guest to check it out? and most likely off resort guests would pay to be able to see it as well. On resort guests get free admission and preferred front seating. and off resort guests can pay fee to get admission and get seating in the back half. it would be perfect. grab dinner in DTD, relieve some park crowds, do a little shopping, and catch the show. its win win for off site guests, on site guests, park guests, DTD shops and Restaurants, and for Disney's pockets.

ToTBellHop

I think of it this way--Ariel's Undersea Adventure cost about $80,000,000 (...) and we can have two new firework shows for $26,000,000?! Do it! That is a bargain for Disney. Two new shows that tens of thousands of guests can enjoy for 10 years vs. a ride that cost triple that and which people were complaining about 18 months before it opened after riding the same ride in California? I'll tell you one thing, new fireworks would not be "walk on" in 10 years like Ariel will be (the tramp!).

Scuttle

I think of it this way--Ariel's Undersea Adventure cost about $80,000,000 (...) and we can have two new firework shows for $26,000,000?! Do it! That is a bargain for Disney. Two new shows that tens of thousands of guests can enjoy for 10 years vs. a ride that cost triple that and which people were complaining about 18 months before it opened after riding the same ride in California? I'll tell you one thing, new fireworks would not be "walk on" in 10 years like Ariel will be (the tramp!).

How in the hell did Everest cost only 20 million more than that horrible ride that is Under the Sea!?!? I just can't wrap my brain around that.

And yes I know the 80 mil and 100 mil are ballpark figures, but still!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom