20K Sub Parts on Disney/Ebay

RM 34478

Original Poster
This is my first post so I hope this is not old news. I have been reading this board for a long time and enjoy all the great Disney discussion. Anyway's as the subject says, Disney is selling off a jumpseat, port hole, and prop from a 20K sub on there Disney/Ebay site. There is some good pics and they show alot of decay and rust that has been discussed here before. I imagine these pics were taken recently. The pic of the port hole looks as if the rust has eaten threw the subs outside shell. The sub doesn't look too seaworthy anymore :( There is also a pic of what the sub looks like inside. Happy viewing:)

Attachments

• subpic.jpg
    subpic.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 527

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hi there RM 34478
Welcome aboard!
...Could you do me a fav and post a link to the auction you speak of?

Main Street USA

Or just post some more of the pics! That's be sweet!

And yes, welcome to the boards. Thank you so much for reading a while first and educating yourself about the boards! You even brought NEW news!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D

Dawn S

Welcome to the boards!!! :sohappy:

Disney Auctions are really cool. They've sold lots of attraction props over the last year or so. I'll tell ya though, I don't really like them doing this. I'd much rather see them preserve these things in some way & possibly even use them in future attractions or museums...something! I just hate the thought of pieces of WDW history being scattered around the globe to just anyone who wants to bid. Maybe I'm strange, but I just have these visions of some cheeseball using ride parts in some disgraceful manner or something. I'd rather see them left as is & preserved.

kaos

Originally posted by Dawn S
Welcome to the boards!!! :sohappy:

Disney Auctions are really cool. They've sold lots of attraction props over the last year or so. I'll tell ya though, I don't really like them doing this. I'd much rather see them preserve these things in some way & possibly even use them in future attractions or museums...something! I just hate the thought of pieces of WDW history being scattered around the globe to just anyone who wants to bid. Maybe I'm strange, but I just have these visions of some cheeseball using ride parts in some disgraceful manner or something. I'd rather see them left as is & preserved.

There are rules to owning pieces of the disney property being auctioned, one of which is it cannot be resold, or dismantled, and it is still a cpoyrighted piece of material. The winners of the auctions are also registered, as is the piece that they have purchased, so it'll always be somewhere where Disney knows about it.

Lance

Originally posted by kaos

There are rules to owning pieces of the disney property being auctioned, one of which is it cannot be resold, or dismantled, and it is still a cpoyrighted piece of material. The winners of the auctions are also registered, as is the piece that they have purchased, so it'll always be somewhere where Disney knows about it.

Really?

Wow, that's a knee-slapper, that's kind of cool.

I was looking at the pieces last night, the only one I would be interested in is the port-hole window. At $100, it's not that bad of a price.

kaos

I almost bid on a DreamCatcher from JIYI. It was only $450 opening bid. It was shipped on a flatbed trailer in 4 crates, 2 of them 10' x 40', and 2 5' x 15'. The only thing stopping me from making the bid was the estimated shipping fee of $15,000!

There were 3 available, as the fourth is still in Epcot at the Character Shop.

:drevil:

DMC-12

Originally posted by kaos
I almost bid on a DreamCatcher from JIYI. It was only $450 opening bid. It was shipped on a flatbed trailer in 4 crates, 2 of them 10' x 40', and 2 5' x 15'. The only thing stopping me from making the bid was the estimated shipping fee of $15,000!

There were 3 available, as the fourth is still in Epcot at the Character Shop.

:drevil:

They have a Mr. Toads ride vehicle up for auction now to.

RM 34478

Original Poster
What is your thoughts on "Bid On the Magic?"

I'm conflicted on this issue of being able to purchase authentic props from attractions. Don't get me wrong, I would be bidding like crazy if the attraction sign for Horizons ever gets auctioned but, these are items in my opinion that really should not be for sale. As we all know here, Disney can create magic. The props are parts of this magic. To me it seems "cheap" to offer these items. I guess the old saying, "Everything is for sale if the price is right," truly fits! I never dreamed in my many years and visits to Disneyworld that you would be able to buy these items one day. What do you think? As stated before, I'm at a stalemate on this issue........

Invero

You know... I was back at Pluto Park the other day looking at the subs... (I was doing the Pluto Shuttle), and I noticed something different about them... but I couldnt figure it out... now I know what it was... no portholes covers!

Invero

oh, and one more thing... now it makes me wonder if they'll auction off the doors from the old Monorails in storage... lol... I'd take one of those! :)

RM 34478

Original Poster
Nose Cone of Monorail Will Be Auctioned

If you look at the "Comming Soon" section on the main page of Disney/ Ebay Auctions they list that they will be auctioning off a nose cone from a monorail. Sorry, no doors as of yet! The site states that these and other authentic attraction props are being sold to celebrate 100 years of magic or something like that. What would you do with a nose cone?? What do you think will be all included? Just the nose or what??

Attachments

• insub.jpg
    insub.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 205
Anyone else notice they have 2 propellers for sale. 1 from JC and 1 from 20,000. I know these boats are completely different in size so why would they use the same propeller ? That would be like putting a VW bug engine in a bus or vice versa.

bearboysnc

Anyone else notice they have 2 propellers for sale.

PROPELLERS?

OK, I can understand recognizable props, vehicles, etc.

Whats next bolts and screws? CABLE from the skyway? CHIPS of paint. FISHINGLINE holding the plastic fish in place on 20K?

Is there anything they won't try to sell?

shame shame shame.

Originally posted by bearboysnc

PROPELLERS?

OK, I can understand recognizable props, vehicles, etc.

Whats next bolts and screws? CABLE from the skyway? CHIPS of paint. FISHINGLINE holding the plastic fish in place on 20K?

Is there anything they won't try to sell?

shame shame shame.

I can think of 2 things they probably wont sell... Horse ________ and garbadge

DMC-12

Originally posted by donaldduck1967

I can think of 2 things they probably wont sell... Horse ________ and garbadge

No...I think they sell the horse stuff as manure and the garbage as compost:lol:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom