20k site composite

evanssc

marni1971 said:
Erm.. its not that good, but should be fairly accurate. I`ve hidden it here

I reserve the right to remove it if everyone laughs!

How could we dare laugh after all the work you have put into this. I appreciate your estimate on EE. I did not know that it would take up so much overall space.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had no idea that area was that huge! Bring on the e-rides and a dark ride and a meet and greet and a play ground and if there is enough room left over throw in a few pin stations and a gift shop.

disney_nutter

its alreayd been said by someone else but here it is again, look its a great big space so why not put and winnie and friends meet in greet in it

DME

Nice work Marni. I didn't realize that area was so big. Since it is, I think they should definitely build Pooh's 100 acre wood across from 'Many Adventures' and put it closer to the teacups/toontown fair entance and then on the side closer to Dumbo they should have an entrance to more dark rides. Perhaps bring in Pinocchio's daring journey from Disneyland or maybe a beauty and the beast dark ride??

Anyone agree??....Disagree??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the nice comments (and green points too - I`ve never had so many at once :sohappy: )

Further to all of this, below is a quick image I threw together, based on what I have read and seen (not in person unfortunatley)

The green areas look like landscaping / knolls (mainly to hide the 20k site), the yellow looks like where the meet and greet could/will go, and the blue looks like a wooded area is being prepared (100 acres in name only!) The red show the area available for development, even keeping the woods and meet n greet (of course, there is nothing to suggest these will remain in the long term. Is there, Mr Iger?)

Attachments

• 20k satellite meet n greet proposal.jpg
    20k satellite meet n greet proposal.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 98

djmatthews

Maybe the new Pooh Meet and Greet area is just to hide all the work that is going to happen behind this area - removal of the show building and installation of a brand new super-dooper -Ticket. When the new E-Ticket is ready, the area can be opened up. Both the Meet and Greet and E-Ticket can live together in perfect harmony! :lol:

..........we can only hope! :wave:

Shaman

I really hope to see the Villains Land rumor come about...it would fit in there quite nicely...

*sigh*

P.S. Great stuff Marni! :wave:

s2jrston

Thank you Marni. I can't really express what this means to me to see this layout. I've never ridden 20k. I saw pictures of the inside for the first time recently on this sight. My eyes are watering up because every time I went to MK in WDW('75, '83, '96, '97, '02, '03, '04) this ride was down for rehab or maintenance or just plain closed. I loved the movie! I saw it at a drive-in theatre. I saw the "making of" the ride when I was a child. I dreamed of visiting WDW, but I lived in southern CA. I had no idea of the size of this attraction. I had no idea what the "show building" was. You and the rest of the contributors here have helped quench a curiosity that has been in me for decades. Thank you from my heart. These pictures mean so much to me that I feel in dept to you. Untill recently the only images I had were of the lagoon.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DarkMeasures said:
Holy crap. 2 E-rides can fit there. .... or even better 1 E-ride and 2 D-Rides.
you stole my thunder........... but HOLY CRAP anyway. maybe seeing that the pooh forest doesnt cover that much area, but does cover visually the vacant area, this would be nicer than construction walls to hide future development.

nice "to scale" models. that sure does show the size.

thanks

TheDisneyMagic

WOW, I had absolutely no idea just how much land had been sitting there for all these years, in my opinion I think they should have this new 100 Acre Wood Area aswell as the meet and greet to satisfy the lovers of Pooh, and within the space behind install a few more dark rides for fantasyland. I don't think an E-Ticket would fit as part of Fantasyland or Mickey's Toontown, well except It's a small world :D

AEfx

jddjcfc said:
WOW, I had absolutely no idea just how much land had been sitting there for all these years, in my opinion I think they should have this new 100 Acre Wood Area aswell as the meet and greet to satisfy the lovers of Pooh, and within the space behind install a few more dark rides for fantasyland. I don't think an E-Ticket would fit as part of Fantasyland or Mickey's Toontown, well except It's a small world :D

I'd be perfectly happy with 2-3 more D-ticket Fantasyland dark rides instead of an E (unless it's Villan mountain...). I've always felt there was a hole there that needed to be filled - Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pooh aren't enough representation of all the classic Disney films. I'd love a Sleeping Beauty, Alice In Wonderland, and a Little Mermaid ride. Little Mermaid could finally bring that new dry for wet technology to WDW.

I wish Disney would realize that these are the types of rides that mean "Disney" to people, that bring the real magic to the parks.

AEfx

sleepybear

Do those pics make anyone else miss the lagoon? I wasn't a fan of the ride, but oh how I loved the way that lagoon looked. I shall miss it.

P.S. DAMN, that's a lot of space!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom