20k original replacements

Captain Barbosa

:veryconfuI have heard of Villain Mountain before, but not Fire Mountain. My guess is Fire Mountain is completely dead (similar to the actual Atlantis movie) and that Villain Mountain is still on the drawing board. Just like the article says, there is a lot of money to be made at the hand of those Disney villains. I personally think it is a great idea, a whole new land that I would call more "teen-freindly." If anyone has any info on either of the mountains please fill me in because I'd love to hear about it.

...It does seem awfully fishy that 20K was replaced by a playground, maybe Disney has bigger plans for that area?

napnet

:veryconfuI have heard of Villain Mountain before, but not Fire Mountain.

The rumors about Walt Disney World's next roller coaster are heating up.

Right now, it looks like Fire Mountain is a go, perhaps in Adventureland, behind Pirates of the Caribbean.

Disney, which is tightlipped about the project, reportedly has floated balloons at the site to see what park guests would see as they roam the park. (The Polynesian would have a great view of the ride.)

Early word has it that the coaster would start out with riders standing up. As it climbed a hill, riders would be gently leaned back until they were essentially laying down. The coaster would then do a 180-degree turn and lucky riders would be flown over a pit of Disneyesque lava in the center of a volcano.

Look for Disney to have it open by 2001, just in time for the 30th anniversary party.

But those wild and crazy imagineers just won't stop: One of the park's brain trust dreams of building a world speed-record coaster at Walt Disney World, one that would eclipse the Cedar Point, Ohio coaster's 310-foot drop at 100 mph.

http://wdwhistory.com/MagicKingdom/Fantasyland/FireMountain/

PhilharMagician

Right now, it looks like Fire Mountain is a go, perhaps in Adventureland, behind Pirates of the Caribbean.

Disney, which is tightlipped about the project, reportedly has floated balloons at the site to see what park guests would see as they roam the park. (The Polynesian would have a great view of the ride.)

Early word has it that the coaster would start out with riders standing up. As it climbed a hill, riders would be gently leaned back until they were essentially laying down. The coaster would then do a 180-degree turn and lucky riders would be flown over a pit of Disneyesque lava in the center of a volcano.

Look for Disney to have it open by 2001, just in time for the 30th anniversary party.

But those wild and crazy imagineers just won't stop: One of the park's brain trust dreams of building a world speed-record coaster at Walt Disney World, one that would eclipse the Cedar Point, Ohio coaster's 310-foot drop at 100 mph.

Wow, I thought I was locked up in some time capsule as I was reading till I got to the 2001 part.:lol: There have been rumors floating around about that piece of land getting a new attraction, but not a stand-up sit down coaster.

Scar Junior

These are two of my favorite rumors ever... I've always thought Fire Mountain is still possible for Adventureland. I've often wondered something though... I've never seen projections/estimates on what these projects would cost? Obviously Villain (Bald) Mountain would be more due to the adjacent land that would need to be built, but does anyone have figures on either of these?

Tigger2000

It's a real shame that these attractions are jsut rumours. I think they'd be agreat addition to MK and would most likely take off the pressur of people wanting a new park...
I think a new villains "mini-land" is SUCH a better idea than a whole villains park. I mean if the wish-listed park is all villains and thrills I honeslty don't think it'd work. AND I"M a teenager lol.
But besides that, one or both of these attractions would be excellent.

Now for the thing I don't understand. By having the lagoon vacant for years and now filled with a play area that costs little to nothing, Disney must have saved up a large sum of cash. So, they shouldn't be complaining about not having money to build Fire and Villain/Bald Mountain .... unless this money isn't being given back to the parks.

PrincessK

I'm trying to picture how that would work in terms of theming behind Pirates. It would take quite a bit of reconstruction as directly behind POTC is all warehouses....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm trying to picture how that would work in terms of theming behind Pirates. It would take quite a bit of reconstruction as directly behind POTC is all warehouses....
More like south of Pirates, like Indy at DLC. This was the area rumoured for WDWs Raging Spirits / Temple of Peril of-the-shelf coaster a while back.

DisneyWales

More like south of Pirates, like Indy at DLC. This was the area rumoured for WDWs Raging Spirits / Temple of Peril of-the-shelf coaster a while back.

Lets hope the "Temple of Pain" never makes it FL, this is the most painful and pointless coaster ive ever been on.

kcnole

I do not want that coaster from TDS/Paris. I've seen both of them and the wonderful theming aside, there's nothing there that would excite me about a new attraction. If we're going to bring in something from another park it needs to be something amazing, otherwise make it completely original.

RSoxNo1

The concepts for both of these rides are impressive. It seems that Fire mountain's morphing coaster idea will be built at some point. I know it was the ride concept behind Dragon Towers in Beastly Kingdomme, but with the evident failure of the Atlantis animated movie, it would seem that a re-theming of the concept is necessary.

A morphing Journey to the Center of the Earth coaster wouldn't be too much of a deviation from the original Fire Mountain/Volcano concept. I don't know that the ride needs to have the $300 million price tag that the Test Track style JTTCOTE in Japan carries, but it would undoubtedly be a hefty price tag.

I think the Villain mountain idea is more timeless, and they could conceivably add new villains as they present themselves in Disney movies.

ToTBellHop

It's now been 15 years since the Magic Kingdom received a new E-Ticket, and by the time they could build a new E-Ticket, it would be close to 20 years after Splash...it's certainly long overdue. These both are two of my favorite ride concepts but I'm not sure Fire Mountain is really feasible and I'm afraid Bald Mountain might be repetitious--Epcot and MGM are in far greater need of a water ride than MK is in need of another one. Still, I'm sure something big is in the works for the MK, and everyone loves a Disney mountain.

PrincessK

That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :lol:

I do think that Adventureland does need something else. POTC kicked it up with its rehab, but it needs a "bigger ticket item."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom