20K Lagoon Rumor

ImagineerFan04

Yes disney world could use hyproin type theater but it would be a shame to have a theater replacing the lagoon when they had all these good e-tickets

ImagineerFan04

Yes disney world could use hyproin type theater but it would be a shame to have a theater replacing the lagoon when they had all these good e-tickets ideas

ImagineerFan04

Does any body have know any good sites that have more info on Fire, Bald and Villian mountain. even though i know a lot about them.

there was one artical on jimhillmedia.com(yea i know alot of you don't like his site) that said fire mountain was supposed to open around when AK open to keep the guest flow in each park but for buget reasons this whole plan fell through and none of the parks got new e- ticket attractions.

jrriddle

Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
Does any body have know any good sites that have more info on Fire, Bald and Villian mountain. even though i know a lot about them.

there was one artical on jimhillmedia.com(yea i know alot of you don't like his site) that said fire mountain was supposed to open around when AK open to keep the guest flow in each park but for buget reasons this whole plan fell through and none of the parks got new e- ticket attractions.

Sorry, the most detailed info I saw was at the site you have been to.
As for the Rain Forrest R.C.check out the article Project Gemini @ JHM.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by jrriddle
Sorry, the most detailed info I saw was at the site you have been to.
As for the Rain Forrest R.C.check out the article Project Gemini @ JHM.

i know about the rainforest coaster i just wasn't sure what you where talkin about before when he said I'm tending to the latter.

General Grizz

Jim Hill's map is really out of date - it has changed with time because it was a prototype Imagineering sketch.

SE rehab has been scrapped. . . I've not heard ANYTHING about Autopia. . . and the Soarin is even on the wrong side. . .not to mention.

And I don't even know if it's a Rainforest theme. I was just told "a roller coaster."

jrriddle

Back on topic for just a second.
Grizz, I read your article at DI (I guessing that it was you. If it was, nice pix and good article, I really like the attraction chart).
You gave the impression that the leading rumor is that it will be a theatre.
I got to be honest. Does not excite me. But it is better than an empty Lagoon.
Is this the Hyperion rumor that was going around awhile ago?

jrriddle

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Jim Hill's map is really out of date - it has changed with time because it was a prototype Imagineering sketch.

SE rehab has been scrapped. . . I've not heard ANYTHING about Autopia. . . and the Soarin is even on the wrong side. . .not to mention.

And I don't even know if it's a Rainforest theme. I was just told "a roller coaster."

Never noticed that before. I liked Autopia (something for kids and an excuse to rip out the Speedway).
Any word on the landscpeing and the changes for the innoventions?

Lee

Adventurer
Check it out, Lee, I believe the idea has resurfaced. :lookaroun

Will do.
I'm gonna be down at WDW early next month for a few days. I have a lunch meeting with someone who should be able to shed a little light on both 20K and Future World.

I'll report.

Oh, and the leading candidate for the 20K, as far as I know now, is indeed a theatre. Yes, Hyperion-ish.

General Grizz

Originally posted by jrriddle
Never noticed that before. I liked Autopia (something for kids and an excuse to rip out the Speedway).
Any word on the landscpeing and the changes for the innoventions?

I haven't heard of anything outside of Jim Hill. But I'm sure it's a "real rumor." And yes, I did write an article - it's advertised on the main page and shows a few pages in the Fantasyland Character Festival signs being covered. Perfect timing! As for graphics, I do do some graphic design.

Thanks, Lee! Much appreciated. I wonder if we have the same "source" because I also heard about the Hyperion theater. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Thanks, Lee! Much appreciated. I wonder if we have the same "source" because I also heard about the Hyperion theater. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya never know.....

But, one of my sources told me that the idea of putting the theatre in another MK location was not "totally dead".
My money's on the lagoon, though.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by Lee
Ya never know.....

But, one of my sources told me that the idea of putting the theatre in another MK location was not "totally dead".
My money's on the lagoon, though.

I hope not. I hope they use that land for Villian Mountain!

WDWhumanmap

all for villain mountian

i mean its about time the villians got some sort of ride and respect also just as long as the area of the lagoon is put into good use and not like now a character meet and greet that isn't always open

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
Even though it will probably never happen, I would like to see them build a new show building housing Pinnochio's Daring Journey. I for one, love the movie, and I have seen footage from DL and it looks like a great ride. While installing this ride, I think it woud be great if at the same time they would update the facades of all the other Fantasyland dark rides.

Sure, I love the Villain Mountain idea... but it just doesn't seem like there'd be enough room, and how would you cover up the Small World show building?? I mean.. that sucker looks huge!

PeterAlt

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
Even though it will probably never happen, I would like to see them build a new show building housing Pinnochio's Daring Journey. I for one, love the movie, and I have seen footage from DL and it looks like a great ride. While installing this ride, I think it woud be great if at the same time they would update the facades of all the other Fantasyland dark rides.

When I went to DL a few months ago, I made sure I rode all of their Fantasyland dark rides. My opinion is that they should NOT copy those for our MK, except maybe Alice in Wonderland. But, they should expand our Fantasyland and add something, either a new mountain or new dark rides that are unique to WDW.

As for the Hyperion theater, my bet is that is going into Tomorrowland, in the empty space by the stage, closer to the entrance of Main Street.

WDWhumanmap

i agree about another mountian range i mean i been to dl for the first time this summer and i absolutly loved matterhorn and if wdw could have a moutain like that that would pull out all the stops like to have it riding around fire and through water etc. things like that i think it would be truly an awsome site and an awsome ride!!! another thing i would like to see imho at wdw is an indy style ride even though at dl its already a combination of rides we already have at wdw but as rafiki in the lion king said change is good and if disney could change it around it would fit right in at ds

Expo_Seeker40

Why did WDW never get a Matterhorn Mountain? I think that should go in there, and it too can be more thrilling, and better detailed than the original at Disneyland.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
if wdw could have a moutain like that that would pull out all the stops like to have it riding around fire and through water etc. things like that i think it would be truly an awsome site and an awsome ride!!!

Noticed all that construction going on at Animal Kingdom?

Bingo.

WDWhumanmap

yeah i know about everest but MK is despertly in the need of a mountain range too i mean i agree y wasn't there a matterhorn a WDW:veryconfu

Djali999

Originally posted by Expo_Seeker40
Why did WDW never get a Matterhorn Mountain? I think that should go in there, and it too can be more thrilling, and better detailed than the original at Disneyland.

the (probably untrue) story is that they were gonna shove it into a Swiss pavillion at Epcot, but since the park didn't do all that well right out the gate... well... yeah.

I like to think of Everest as "Indiana Jones and the Matterhorn Mountain" ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom