2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

I found out a little bit Stewart-Haas charter news today. 1 of the 4 Stewart-Haas charters will be kept be Gene Haas himself. What I going on with Gene Haas is he will be having 2 Xfinity series teams and a cup series charter.

The Gene Haas racing team will be called Haas Factory Team and Joe Custer will be the President. I mentioned Joe Custer for a reason. Joe Custer is the dad of Stewart-Haas Racing driver Cole Custer. I'm guessing Cole Custer could be staying with Stewart-Haas due to his dad being the President of the upcoming Haas Factory Team. Also they will be running their organization from the current Stewart-Haas facility. Also Joe Custer has a very long connection to Gene Haas. Joe Custer has been with Gene Haas since the 2000s and Joe actually ran Gene's cup team before Stewart bought a share of ownership.

As far as Gene Haas still being in NASCAR after Stewart-Haas being gone after this season, I'm surprised considering how involved he is in F1.

Last edited:

artvandelay

I found out a little bit Stewart-Haas charter news today. 1 of the 4 Stewart-Haas charters will be kept be Gene Haas himself. What I going on with Gene Haas is he will be having 2 Xfinity series teams and a cup series charter.

The Gene Haas racing team will be called Haas Factory Team and Joe Custer will be the President. I mentioned Joe Custer for a reason. Joe Custer is the dad of Stewart-Haas Racing driver Cole Custer. I'm guessing Cole Custer could be staying with Stewart-Haas due to his dad being the President of the upcoming Haas Factory Team. Also they will be running their organization from the current Stewart-Haas facility. Also Joe Custer has a very long connection to Gene Haas. Joe Custer has been with Gene Haas since the 2000s and Joe actually ran Gene's cup team before Stewart bought a share of ownership.

As far as Gene Haas still being in NASCAR after Stewart-Haas being gone after this season, I'm surprised considering how involved he is in F1.
Haas staying with Ford?

wdwfan4ver

Christopher Bell accidently announced Chase Briscoe will be joining Joe Gibbs Racing in 2025. That announcement happened during Bell's media availability earlier today.

I said accident for a reason because Christopher Bell during the media availability said "when Chase gets here" before he caught himself.

What Christopher Bell mentioned during that slip of the mouth was the replacement for Martin Truex Jr. What I know before the slip was JGR was going to have a announcement next week for the next driver of the 19 car and there had been rumors about Chase getting that ride.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Hendrick Motorsports ends sponsorship with Hooters. Hendrick Motorsports said Hooters has not been able to meet the sponsorship obligation to the No. 9 team of Chase Elliott.

What I do know is Hooters is owned by a private equity company since the founders company sold it and Hooters closed down 44 locations recently due to them struggling.

wdwfan4ver

Front Row Motorsports signed Noah Gragson to a multi tear deal in the cup series.

Car number, Crew chief and Sponsors for Noah will be announced at a later date.

Also the driver of the 3rd Front Row Motorsports team will be announced at a later date.

wdwfan4ver

Avenue Capital Group investing money into Trackhouse Racing. Avenue Capital group's co-founder is Marc Lasry. I do know some stuff about him. Him being involved in racing is not a surprise since he does have a history being involved in other sports such as being a former co-owner of the Milwaukee Busks. Also back in 2023, Marc started a sports investment branch for the Avenue Capital Group for Sports Teams in USA, Africa, and Asia.

Marc Lasry is a billionaire worth 1.9 billion dollars. His company Avenue Capital has been around since 1995. He also made a lot of money from owning an investment firm called Amroc.

wdwfan4ver

Corey Lajoie is not returning to Spire Motorsports after this year.

There is no information on who's replacing him, but there is a little bit of information I do have. Spire Motorsports hired Rodney Childers as a crew chief for next year for the 7 car and that is the same team that Corey is leaving at the end of the season.

Lilofan

He was a disappointment, but he was a mild one compared to Dario Franchitti. JPM actually almost won NASCAR races on ovals multiple times in his career and you can't say that about Dario Franchitti. Montoya almost won the 2009 and 2010 Brickyard 400s. If he won those, I think we might've looked at him a little bit differently. Circumstances prevented Montoya to win an additional 2 to 5 times in the cup series even without the 2 Brickyard 400 races.

While Montoya to me had the more impressive resume compare to Dario in Open Wheel Racing, I don't have Montoya overly high as a bust due to him making the chase once and did win a couple road course races in the cup series. If Montoya sealed the deal more like I mentioned, we would look upon his cup career being good, not great. We already would give credit to Montoya because he didn't race on Ovals after leaving Cart/Indycar for F1 and Montoya before going to NASCAR was limited in oval experience.

The other problem with Montoya in the cup series was I thought Chip was behind in equipment at times.
When my ex and I vacationed in Cartagena Colombia in 2002 , Juan Pablo was there too in the hotel. His countrymen worshipped him. He must have been on an off week when he drove in F1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom