2024 NASCAR

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Congratulations to the #24 Chevrolet -- William Byron, for his win yesterday at the Daytona 500! (Hendrick Motorsports)

1708431958704.png

Photo credit: USA TODAY Sports

wdwfan4ver

Derek Kraus is going to do a limited cup schedule with Kaulig Racing in the 16 car. The races Derek will be racing in 1st Las Vegas Motor Speedway race, 1st Phoenix Raceway race, 1st Darlington race, World Wide Technology Raceway, and 2nd Phoenix Raceway Race.

wdwfan4ver

The athletic is reporting that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is leaving NBC for Amazon and Warner Bros. Discovery for broadcasting in 2025 that including Dale Jr. being in the booth for 10 cup races.. As far as this year goes, it sounds like Dale Earnhardt Jr. is not going to be on NBC at all.

What caused Dale Earnhardt Jr to go to Amazon and Warner Bros. Discovery is the new Contract NASCAR has for multiple networks starting next year. That means there is a bidding war for existing tv talent if they are not under contract for this year of for 2025 and I know Dale Earnhardt Jr. had no contract with NBC this year. As for as Amazon and Warner Bros. Discovery goes, expect more announcements later this year or early part of 2025 for 2025 NASCAR coverage.

I mentioned the new TV deal during the off season and there would be networks/stations covering NASCAR starting in 2025 compared to now. NBC is one of NASCAR broadcasting partners for the new contract that starts new year and there is question about their tv booth now that I am sure that will be answered for the 2024 season.

wdwfan4ver

I found out that Rick will only be calling NASCAR Races for NBC through the Summer Olympics. Leigh Duffy is supposed to be calling some races for NBC later in the year.

I am very familiar with Leigh Duffy because he's in the booth for Indy Car races. Leigh does a very good job of announcing Indycar Races.

wdwfan4ver

A sinkhole unearthed a possible moonshine cave underneath North Wilkesboro Speedway's frontstretch Grandstands.

I do know North Wilkesboro Speedway first opened in 1947, but I didn't recalled reading anything about the grandstand concreate being replaced prior to to the sinkhole being discovered.

wdwfan4ver

As far as moonshine stuff underneath a part of a race track goes, it would not be the first time in the history of NASCAR.

Back in 1967 the federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives discovered a moonshine distillery under an underground bunker in turn 3 at Middle Georgia Raceway:jawdrop:. The thing is the race track was allowed to host more NASCAR cup races after that discovery till NASCAR decided not to schedule any cup races at the race for the 1972 season.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR Hall of Fame announces the Modern Era Ballot, Pioneer ballot, and Landmark award ballot.
There are 10 people on the Modern area ballot and only 2 of them will be inducted. Here are the 15 on the Ballot:
  • Greg Biffle - 19 time cup winner, Champion of former what is now know as the Xfinity series, and Truck series champ.
  • Neil Bonnett - 18 time cup winner including back to back what is now Coca Cola 600 wins and 1 Southern 500 Win.
  • Tim Brewer - 2 time Cup championship crew chief and won 53 cup races as a crew chief.
  • Jeff Burton - 21 cup wins, and 28 wins in what is now the Xfinity Series
  • Randy Dorton - The late Director of Engine Operations, and Lead Engine Builder of Hendrick Motorsports. His Engines won 5 cup champions, 1 what is now Xfinity series Championship, and 3 truck series championships.
  • Carl Edwards - 28 cup wins and champion in what is now the Xfinity series
  • Harry Gant - 18 cup wins including 4 straight wins at the age of 51
  • Harry Hyde - 1 time championship wining crew chief, 56 cup wins as a crew chief, and responsible for Hendrick Motorsports early success in the cup series.
  • Ricky Rudd - 23 cup wins including brickyard 500 win
  • Jack Sprague - 3 time Truck series champion.
From the Modern Era Ballot, I would have Carl Edwards and Harry Hyde being the inductees of the upcoming Class. I picked Harry Hyde for a reason. He built up 2 cup operations in his career. What I meant by responsible for Hendrick Motorsports early success is he was Hendrick Motorsports first ever crew Chief and brought people to work for Hendrick Motorsports including Randy Dorton. The fact is Harry Hyde already had a working relationship with Randy Dorton.

As far as Randy Dorton, None of his engines won a championship with Jimmie Johnson due to Randy's death from airplane crash in October of 2004.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The Pioneer ballot has the following people and only person can be inducted from the Pioneer Ballot:
  • Ray Hendrick - over 700 modified wins, and no, he's not related to Rick Hendrick
  • Banjo Matthews - legendary car builder, and his cars won 262 out 362 cup races from 1974 to 1985.
  • Ralph Moody - 5 time cup winner, and co owner of Holman-Moody.
  • Larry Phillips- 5 time NASCAR weekly champion and a mentor to a bunch of drivers in the Midwest including Rusty Wallace.
  • Bob Welborn - 9 time cup winner and 3 time NASCAR convertible champion.
I am answer 2 possible questions from the Pioneer Ballot starting with information Homan-Moody. Holman Moody has the most cup wins of a racing organization that is not inducted into the Hall. They had 96 cup wins, 2 cup championships, and multiple Daytona 500 wins as an racing organization back in the 1960s.

The 2nd question for answers is about the NASCAR convertible series. NASCAR had the convertible series from 1956 to 1959 and they did race convertibles.

The Pioneer ballot is very hard to pick a favorite because Ray Hendrick, Banjo Matthews, and Ralph Moody has to be the favorites for that one spot. As far Bob Welborn, the problem is the series he was champ in was short lived.

wdwfan4ver

The Landmark award Nominees for the NASCAR Hall of fame are the following:
  • Alvin Hawkins - NASCAR first Flagman and established NASCAR racing at Bowman Gray Stadium with NASCAR Founder Bill France Sr.
  • Lesa France Kennedy - ASCAR Executive Vice Chair and one of the most influential women in sports
  • Dr. Joseph Mattioli - Founder of Pocono Raceway
  • Dr. Dean Sicking - inventor of the SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barrier
  • Les Richter - long-time NASCAR executive oversaw competition, helped grow the NASCAR on the West Coast
The Landmark award only gets awarded to 1 person each year.

I think Dr. Dean Sicking better get the award because of how important Safer barriers are for saving driver's lives and is one of the most important inventions in Auto Racing of all time. Racing deaths in NASCAR hasn't happen since head and neck restraints and safer barriers being installed at race tracks.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think Dr. Dean Sicking better get the award because of how important Safer barriers are for saving driver's lives and is one of the most important inventions in Auto Racing of all time. Racing deaths in NASCAR hasn't happen since head and neck restraints and safer barriers being installed at race tracks.
Agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom