News 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival

SoFloMagic

I really hope this means all the junk will get pulled off the promenade for the summer. It could be a good experiment to see if the park knows how to operate without a festival propping it up. Another thing to consider is that Epcot merged its ODV/stands department into festivals, so when there is no festivals what happens to all those people.
I think the park knows how to operate without it, but I'm not sure the guests do. To ease into it, I think the wise move would be to operate some "summertime stands" in permanent kiosks (brunchcot/donut box, honey bistro, America, odyssey). Like Agua Frescas, cocktails, and snacks maybe?

And have live music at America gardens.

James Alucobond

I think the park knows how to operate without it, but I'm not sure the guests do. To ease into it, I think the wise move would be to operate some "summertime stands" in permanent kiosks (brunchcot/donut box, honey bistro, America, odyssey). Like Agua Frescas, cocktails, and snacks maybe?

And have live music at America gardens.
I mean, if they can manage to open Communicore within a few months (which they should be able to), they can also offload some cast to the permanent kiosks there. Oh, and start using the World Celebration stage too.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's a look at the nighttime version of the Dante topiary that Disney says is the "first-ever projection mapped topiary" that debuted tonight.

429790143_788786486611509_7619251383822179500_n.jpg

Disney also shared this behind-the-scenes look at creating the Dante topiary.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Cute effect.

I guess I'm a fossil or just cranky, but I remember when Imagineering just automatically did the little things to differentiate themselves from everybody else without having to cheapen the effort by self promoting it, especially for such a little thing. (They put a projection on a static object at night). Now anytime you have a new floor tile or light fixture, WDI will spend just as much effort touting it on Instagram or TikTok as they did coming up with it in the first place. Eventually it all just becomes white noise to scroll by on your feed.

James Alucobond

Cute effect.

I guess I'm a fossil or just cranky, but I remember when Imagineering just automatically did the little things to differentiate themselves from everybody else without having to cheapen the effort by self promoting it, especially for such a little thing. (They put a projection on a static object at night). Now anytime you have a new floor tile or light fixture, WDI will spend just as much effort touting it on Instagram or TikTok as they did coming up with it in the first place. Eventually it all just becomes white noise to scroll by on your feed.
They didn’t feel the need to fill Instagram and TikTok because they didn’t exist.

Goofnut1980

Cute effect.

I thought it was going to be moving.. like actual image mapping on every icon they have... not using an overhead projector to show them how to paint by numbers then add a spotlight to it at night? I guess this allows them to hire anyone with or without artistic capacity.. Because I can color a coloring book and stay within the lines too!!! lol

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
They didn’t feel the need to fill Instagram and TikTok because they didn’t exist.
They just did things without the need for shameless self-promotion. The magic they created through their design spoke for itself by allowing Disney and WDI to become leaders in Themed Entertainment.

Can you imagine if social media existed when DAK was built? There would be more resources assigned to Social Media marketing than Imagineers working at WDI.

Jambo Dad

They just did things without the need for shameless self-promotion. The magic they created through their design spoke for itself by allowing Disney and WDI to become leaders in Themed Entertainment.

Can you imagine if social media existed when DAK was built? There would be more resources assigned to Social Media marketing than Imagineers working at WDI.
And if they had the talent and vision to even build DAK these days…

Nottamus

I think it’s a great idea! Looks great and I bet in person it’s really cool.

White lights on them now, right?

I hope they do all of them

Little things always add up!

PuertoRekinSam

They’ve always done this. It’s just the medium has changed.
There was a 30-60 minute tv special on Discovery or travel channel back when Everest was built about how and why it was built like it was.
And if you go back to the original “Disneyland” TV show there were many segments where Walt talk about how things were done.

Attachments

• IMG_9627.jpeg
    IMG_9627.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 27

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom