News 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival

Andrew25

Serious question, how soon do we get a summer festival? Parks were dead last summer(a trend over the past few years) and with Universal pumping out a new parade/nighttime show next year around summertime... will Disney need a summer festival to boost Epcot attendance?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Serious question, how soon do we get a summer festival? Parks were dead last summer(a trend over the past few years) and with Universal pumping out a new parade/nighttime show next year around summertime... will Disney need a summer festival to boost Epcot attendance?

You mean a "Avoid direct sunlight and thunderstorms in as much AC as possible" festival ?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Food and Wine has started in July the last few years, so that's basically the summer festival.

Andrew25

Food and Wine has started in July the last few years, so that's basically the summer festival.
Yeah, but I noticed this year wasn't that busy, especially towards the start/end. I'd imagine either people are burned out by the end of the run or people aren't as "pressured" to attend during F&W as much since they can just come any time of the year now?

I'm all for a Food & Film Festival during the summer since it'll be fun to see people's reactions to IPs implemented throughout World Showcase as food booths lol

Comped

I really wish they’d move it to the Spring Equinox and extend FArts by 3 weeks.

And have F&W “donate” some of November to the Festival of the Holidays.
Holidays not starting until after thanksgiving is both annoying and nice. Arts is a bit of a useless festival, - and if I was in charge, I'd eliminate it completely, and cut down on the other 2 non-holiday festivals to actually make them events instead of months-long excuses to sell merch and dining packages...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Holidays not starting until after thanksgiving is both annoying and nice. Arts is a bit of a useless festival, - and if I was in charge, I'd eliminate it completely, and cut down on the other 2 non-holiday festivals to actually make them events instead of months-long excuses to sell merch and dining packages...
The Bob Philosophy: If 30 days is special, then 120 days, or more, is much more specialererer!!!

Touchdown

I think both the Christmas and Arts Festival are the two best festivals and think it’s a crime that they together are the length of the other two.

Comped

I think both the Christmas and Arts Festival are the two best festivals and think it’s a crime that they together are the length of the other two.
I'm coloured in my judgement of arts having the same show at the AGT year after year, with many of the same performers singing the same songs... Disney can well afford to pay for the right to have performers sing non-Disney Broadway songs (or to dig out songs from shows they never made/have left in development hell).

The rest of it is OK, but it just doesn't seem to have the same push or reason to exist as the other two. My biggest problem with Food & Wine and Flower & Garden is that they're too long. Nothing else.

Touchdown

This may be the first year I see the same artist I’ve seen before (the OC Mary Poppins) but she is paired with someone I haven’t. They’re also bringing Anna and Elsa down for the first time. I also really, really enjoy the festival food during Arts, I think it’s the best food they do all year.

ffpoke

Well also I know that the official magic band + for the 2024 flower festival will be orange bird. I do not know what it looks, just a listing with others for the year.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, but I noticed this year wasn't that busy, especially towards the start/end. I'd imagine either people are burned out by the end of the run or people aren't as "pressured" to attend during F&W as much since they can just come any time of the year now?

I'm all for a Food & Film Festival during the summer since it'll be fun to see people's reactions to IPs implemented throughout World Showcase as food booths lol

I think summer is just getting less and less busy and Food and Wine isn't as special as it used to be and dragging it out just spreads out the interest

.I loved it years ago when they had the author talks/book signing, the special lunch pairings, the party for the senses, etc ... Used to be lots of reasons to attend and to attend multiple times

Now it is the least special of the festivals

AJT607

Flower & Garden Festival has been our favorite for years now because the park is so beautiful during that time. I think we would also enjoy FArts, but we've always struggled to plan a trip in the short window of time where that festival exists. I agree that as the "Festival Center" type offerings have waned, Food & Wine has perhaps become the least compelling festival for us. Although our 3 year daughter probably consumed 6+ Canada filets and found her love for steak during this previous year's festival, so that will always be a special/funny memory for our family.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival will run through May 27, 2024. New details announced today can be found at the link below.

wdwfan22

The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival will run through May 27, 2024. New details announced today can be found at the link below.

I guess this means that Food & Wine will begin in June this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom