2023 EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival

Epcot82Guy

So how much is Disney going to charge for some caviar and Dom Perignon?
This could be the basis of a new Horizons script.

Host 1: "There's always been something sort of mysterious about the new Food and Wine Festival. We knew they were filled with valuable gifts for us."

Host 2: "Yeah, overpriced brands and fish eggs."

Host 1: "Very funny. But overpriced brands have become an excellent source of revenue, especially from intoxicated locals. And caviar..."

Host 2: "Fish eggs."

Host 1: "CAVIAR is a tremendous source of low cost (to us) vlogger hype. Oh, we've found lots of good corporate things inside these kiosks."

Host 2: "And don't forget Mission: Space!"

Host 1: "...What's that?"

Points to anyone old enough to get this reference.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The wine store in France serves it now and I believe it's ~$45 for a 5 ounce pour. So that's the minimum and who knows, they can always raise prices! I can't imagine how they'll price the caviar.

"The caviar is how much? Well, I better only get two portions, then." (Points if you get that reference. :D )

vikescaper

This could be the basis of a new Horizons script.

Host 1: "There's always been something sort of mysterious about the new Food and Wine Festival. We knew they were filled with valuable gifts for us."

Host 2: "Yeah, overpriced brands and fish eggs."

Host 1: "Very funny. But overpriced brands have become an excellent source of revenue, especially from intoxicated locals. And caviar..."

Host 2: "Fish eggs."

Host 1: "CAVIAR is a tremendous source of low cost (to us) vlogger hype. Oh, we've found lots of good corporate things inside these kiosks."

Host 2: "And don't forget Mission: Space!"

Host 1: "...What's that?"

Points to anyone old enough to get this reference.
Kelp!

Biff215

Disney has announced the four new Global Marketplaces, Char & Chop, Wine & Wedge, Bubbles & Brine and Swirled Showcase, will open September 22, 2023.
I know this is also the date for the “start” of the Disney 100 celebration at Epcot. Will this also be the opening for Moana? I assume the new festival center won’t be ready by then.

Horizonsfan

Communicate plaza includes these three kiosk spaces. Is this where 2 or 3 of these late arrivals are going to go? Then maybe the remaining 1-2 booths go over in the construction zone near imagination?
IMG_4441.jpeg

Horizonsfan

The narrow access to those three Xs seems to imply backstage access.
They abut the massive overhang that swings southward from the stage. Theres plenty of clearance on that side for access. Plus the same x’d box is shown where the popcorn stand was added next to Creations. It’s clearly what they’re using to delineate kiosks.
IMG_0067.jpeg

Last edited:

Thumper 32

My question is will they actually be there in any significant capacity or will it be Muppets "inspired" food options with some cute signs and merch or maybe that and something happening on a screen?

Disney's pop-up stuff hasn't been all that impressive in recent years and with so much of these festivals being just temporary one-off stuff like this, they've already primed me to have low expectations.

I'm open to being pleasantly surprised but I'm currently doubting they'll pay to bring in mobile animatronics or live puppeteers for this.
Not sure when it happened, but the parks blog post that first announced them has since been edited to say that they will be on video only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom