2023 EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival

hopemax

It’s the lack of quality, IMO. Missing all the demonstrations and events that would elevate the experience. Like a lot of Disney things, so much comes off as generic, uninspired and overpriced.

Take this years F&W merchandise so far. The general line could be any Food festival, just swap out the Spaceship Earth for the appropriate local landmark. I hate the stylized Mickey and Minnie they are so fond of using these days. Figment is only on AP merchandise which shuts out CMs who may also be longtime fans, as well as guests who it doesn’t make sense to have an AP. For the first time, I am getting absolutely nothing.

bmr1591

Just curious, are any of you burnt out on festivals, special event treats, and seasonal offerings? There is a constant barrage of these things, and I wonder if it makes things like Food and Wine less special? Should Disney step back a little, or keeping going full throttle?

I don't mind the festivals and think they are fun, seasonal attractions (though I'd prefer them to last 10 weeks each, with a two week break in between to keep them quarterly). But they aren't a replacement for new content, which I believe is the bigger frustration for most.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Somre more pics of Brew-Wing Lab

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_52426.jpg

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_52434.jpg

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_52435.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/int...ry/26jul2023-brew-wing-lab-at-the-odyssey.htm

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just curious, are any of you burnt out on festivals, special event treats, and seasonal offerings? There is a constant barrage of these things, and I wonder if it makes things like Food and Wine less special? Should Disney step back a little, or keeping going full throttle?

Burned out. They took something special and have run it into the ground in their quest for more and more per guest spending. It’s not special when there’s essentially a festival running 330 days a year (not an accurate number, but probably close at this point). They’ve cut back on the once-special extras (chefs, exhibits, etc) for more food and alcohol booths and sales. I remember seeing Keegan Gerhard walking around WS back in the day. Kind of a cool moment. Those moments are long gone, thanks to the Bob’s.

TheMaxRebo

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Burnt out, though I think the Art Festival is their best and perhaps they should plus and/or enhance those offerings and reduce the other seasonal festivals.

dreday3

As always, I'm the lonely one 😄 , but not burnt out. We've been to food and wine 3 times in the last 12 years and flower/garden once, this past April. Trying the Holiday Season in 2024 and really looking forward to that festival and all the treats. :)

I can see people who go a lot being burnt out.

TheMaxRebo

It's also wrong LOL, Odyssey is in World Celebration but the sign says Discovery.

Yeah, that is pretty bad, unless they have changed it/reassigned it

(Idea of a lab creating new foods does sort of fit with theme of World Discovery, but the Odyssey the building has been part of World Celebration so far)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom