2023 EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival

ppete1975

Somre more pics of Brew-Wing Lab

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_52426.jpg

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_52434.jpg

International-Food-and-Wine-Festival_Full_52435.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/int...ry/26jul2023-brew-wing-lab-at-the-odyssey.htm
So no huge merch area like orange bird had? I was hoping for a few muppets items. Is it me or does it look empty and lacking imagination?

ppete1975

Just curious, are any of you burnt out on festivals, special event treats, and seasonal offerings? There is a constant barrage of these things, and I wonder if it makes things like Food and Wine less special? Should Disney step back a little, or keeping going full throttle?
The only people burnt out it appears are the creative people behind getting the festivals ready, seems every year they are less imaginative as the prior year.

We all know the intent of the festivals and thats not for the Disney or Epcot fans. Its the occasional adult tourist to drink and spend money, and the youtubers a reason to give epcot free advertising. What was once created to keep epcot from being a ghost town, is just a money maker now.

Now Epcot has to have a festival year round just to keep the attendance up. :( Instead of making it great again, but restoring EPCOT (with some added IP or whatever), and putting some money into world showcase that half of it hasnt changed since 1982.

TheMaxRebo

So no huge merch area like orange bird had? I was hoping for a few muppets items. Is it me or does it look empty and lacking imagination?

all the signage and even on the table tops seem really fun and appropriate ... and seems like a good place to get out of the heat and get some A/C and just rest a bit

I love things like the sign that says the minutes since the last accident will count up but then after a video plays where there is an accident it resets to zero.

ppete1975

all the signage and even on the table tops seem really fun and appropriate ... and seems like a good place to get out of the heat and get some A/C and just rest a bit

I love things like the sign that says the minutes since the last accident will count up but then after a video plays where there is an accident it resets to zero.
Probably one of those things that still photography doesnt do it justice. It just feels we still have social distancing with the tables and that space could still be alot of a/c seating but with more stuff as well. And we need more muppets merch :)

dreday3

If anyone is going, take one for the team and try the Italy booth? I'm rooting for them to finally have good reviews! They're like the Cubs - wait 'til next year! 😄

TheMaxRebo

If anyone is going, take one for the team and try the Italy booth? I'm rooting for them to finally have good reviews! They're like the Cubs - wait 'til next year! 😄

Disney Food Blog said it was better but still not great - specifically the cavatelli which they said looked unappetizing but was tasty.

Given still have a pretty high price to everything probably will be a skip for us

dreday3

Disney Food Blog said it was better but still not great - specifically the cavatelli which they said looked unappetizing but was tasty.

Given still have a pretty high price to everything probably will be a skip for us

It's mind boggling how they can't get it right. Maybe they'd be better making Italian-American food. Make some baked mostaccioli with garlic bread, an eggplant parm and be done with it! Throw in some Italian Lemonade for good measure. 😄

Grilled Italian sausage and peppers sandwich! That would smell amazing.

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

Food & Wine used to be fun when it was new. Now, I find I try a booth or two but end up dining in a World Showcase restaurant. And I'm much happier doing so.

Epcot82Guy

I actually enjoy the perma-festival. But I don't like that they are all getting bigger, longer, more, more, more. I wish they did more Major and Minor Festivals. Where they had offerings, but it's more low key. I think FotA and Holidays are more than way, but getting larger. (And they could even change the name.). But something like:

Art Season at Epcot - January-March (Minor One)
Flower and Garden Festival - April-May (Big One)
Summer Celebration at Epcot (basically rotating cultural performances tied to various summer celebrations worldwide) - June-Aug (Minor One)
Food and Wine Festival - Sep-mid November (Big One)
Holidays Around the World - mid November to early January (Minor One)

That way sometime is almost always going on and you don't have the lull. But, the minor events leave the park feeling more like basic Epcot. Just with little extras. That would create more ebb and flow.

Horizonsfan

It's clear the muppet overlay had a small budget, but I appreciate what they did with it. Kudos to the team that worked on the design.

For a seasonal overlay it does what it needs to. I’m hoping it can come back next year, perhaps with a budget for plussing.

I also appreciate that they left the central space for seating and didn't try to cram merch in there as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom